Author Topic: WDLXTV-LIVE-0.1.X  (Read 136620 times)

December 13, 2009, 11:19:36 AM
Reply #465

wdtvforumfan

Please offer me a solution (unofficial firmware, or something) which allows to set the font size for the subtitles above to 40, which is its actual size.
40 is way too small and I would prefere 52 in size.

Many thanks in advance for your support and advices.

You have come to the right place ;)

This is from B-rad S00custom-options file.

# change subtitle size to one not menu-selectable
#config_tool -c SUBTITLE_FONT_SIZE=44
#config_tool -c SUBTITLE_FONT_SIZE=48
#config_tool -c SUBTITLE_FONT_SIZE=50
#config_tool -c SUBTITLE_FONT_SIZE=52
#config_tool -c SUBTITLE_FONT_SIZE=56
#config_tool -c SUBTITLE_FONT_SIZE=60
#config_tool -c SUBTITLE_FONT_SIZE=64
#config_tool -c SUBTITLE_FONT_SIZE=68
#config_tool -c SUBTITLE_FONT_SIZE=72
#config_tool -c SUBTITLE_FONT_SIZE=76
#config_tool -c SUBTITLE_FONT_SIZE=80

December 13, 2009, 01:00:53 PM
Reply #466

shelly

Thx, but how can i do ?
how can i load S00custom-options file to WD Live ?

December 13, 2009, 05:41:29 PM
Reply #467

Simon

Hi B-rad

Do you know whether it would be feasible to change the output settings 'on-the-fly'?  If I select auto resolution, it gets set to 1080p 60hz, which makes 25fps material really stutter (uwatchable).  It would be great if we could upload a config file (or something) that says "for this filename, use this display setting".  At least that way we could configure it once for each movie file and forget about it.  Right now I have to check the video file properties on a PC, then go into the WDTV Live settings and change the display to best suit the source material each time...

Cheers

Simon

December 13, 2009, 10:31:38 PM
Reply #468

wdtvforumfan

Thx, but how can i do ?
how can i load S00custom-options file to WD Live ?

Download from page one and read the readme file in the download package.

December 14, 2009, 02:40:55 AM
Reply #469

chuckie

I don't mean to get anyone excited or anythinig ::) but I think I've outdone myself this time ;D
Oh man... that's teasing at its best/worst  ;)

I am really excited and can't hardly wait! Thanx ALOT for your great job on the WD players!!!

December 14, 2009, 10:44:24 AM
Reply #470

b-rad.cc

• Personal Text
    FW Hacker
    • B-RAD
I don't mean to get anyone excited or anythinig ::) but I think I've outdone myself this time ;D
Oh man... that's teasing at its best/worst  ;)

I am really excited and can't hardly wait! Thanx ALOT for your great job on the WD players!!!

Waiting is almost over...its taken me almost over a week of solid time to get this into its current state...and its a pretty sweet state ;D

I've just been going over it and fine tuning any little things I can find, and making sure everything is configurable that should be.

I am in the cramfs phase now, so not much longer...*hoping* for today.

December 14, 2009, 01:12:50 PM
Reply #471

razors

Is it based on the 1.01.11 firmware?  and if so are there any special instructions for those of us who successfully upgraded to 1.01.12?

December 14, 2009, 02:36:58 PM
Reply #472

Mojo

I think it will have some great features ;) hence the suspence(sp?)  , at this point this feels like a soccer game that aired and i will get to watch it when i get home so i don't want any details until then .

So i think it will be more pleasing to see what b.rad cooked for us once it's released :) .

Plus , looks like we won't have to wait for too long , wee

December 14, 2009, 05:50:32 PM
Reply #473

gusthema

Hi, maybe someone here can help me here.

I tryed to update to the new firmware 1.01.11.WDLXTV_LIVE-0.2.2.1 but now my box is dead.

I get the logo screen but that's all.
I can still execute commands with S00custom-options but I could not update the firmware with it.
I can get the result of :
Code: [Select]
echo `dmesg` > /tmp/test/messages

cp /var/log/messages.txt /tmp/test/messagesori.txt

I think my wdtv live is not lost yet. I'd like to know how to telnet/ssh to it. I tryed using ifconfig but I can't stabilsh a connection. ( I know the ifconfig worked because I can ping the IP).

any idea? can anyone help me please?

thanks.

December 14, 2009, 06:31:19 PM
Reply #474

b-rad.cc

• Personal Text
    FW Hacker
    • B-RAD
I think it will have some great features ;) hence the suspence(sp?)  , at this point this feels like a soccer game that aired and i will get to watch it when i get home so i don't want any details until then .

So i think it will be more pleasing to see what b.rad cooked for us once it's released :) .

Plus , looks like we won't have to wait for too long , wee

I will be awaiting response from rezmus about his possible USB bus power fix on suspend. Its fairly necessary to really utilize the new firmware. It will definitely be worth the wait, the new wdlxtv will rock your socks off ;D

December 14, 2009, 07:21:03 PM
Reply #475

gpsuf

Hi folks. Could I use net.config to setup IP, GW, DNS etc? I made a copy in the USB media but it does not seem to be picked up. My old IP setting is used and once logged in I see my net.config copied over in /tmp/net.config.

Could anybody give me some pointers?

Thanks.

P.S. I too look forward to the upcoming new firmware !!!

December 15, 2009, 06:47:40 AM
Reply #476

allow

For some test i would like to downgrade back to the offical WD firmware

As the WD firmware zip contains wdtvlive.bin, wdtvlive.fff and wdtvlive.ver i am a bit unsure if i need all three files.

the ver file looks like this

--
VERSION='1.01.11'
LOCATION='wdtvlive.bin'
PKG_LOCATION='wdtvlive.pkg'
--

As the firmware is not recognized i believe i need to up the version (like mentioned in b-rad's readme)...

Will this result in a higher version inside the system or is this just or the update process?

Anyone did this before? Is this the right way?

Thanks for any help!

Update: I just tried it and it worked fine...copyied all files to USB Stick and changed VERSION='1.01.11' to VERSION='1.01.12' in ver file. It seemed like the WD keeps updating itself (as the ver on USB is always higher than the installed one) and so you must remove the usb stick once it says that is is finished
« Last Edit: December 15, 2009, 07:46:59 AM by allow »

December 15, 2009, 07:32:26 AM
Reply #477

mwjcyber

Waiting is almost over...its taken me almost over a week of solid time to get this into its current state...and its a pretty sweet state ;D

I've just been going over it and fine tuning any little things I can find, and making sure everything is configurable that should be.

I am in the cramfs phase now, so not much longer...*hoping* for today.

Speaking for the wdtv community we appreciate your continued development!

Because your time is valuable I'll be sending a donation, as I'd hope everyone else would; even if its only a dollar.

December 15, 2009, 07:50:56 AM
Reply #478

rlzzzz

Hi

I'm new to this, only picked up one of the players today but I'm having problems trying to load the new firmware.  I updated the player to the latest official release (1.01.11) and then tried to update to this custom firmware, when I plug the usb drive in it is detected as having new firmware and asks if I want to upgrade, which I select yes it then reboots and hangs on the first screen with the blue WD logo.  I've left it for an hour before while I got lunch and it didn't do anything.... so I take the usb stick out pull the plug and reboot, it goes to the black screen saying insert usb disk with firmware.  So now I delete the custom firmware from the disk and put the latest official one on it, plug it in and it all loads fine and works again.  Is there any reason I'm not even reaching the updating firmware screen with this custom firmware?

Any help is appreciated.

Cheers

December 15, 2009, 12:45:59 PM
Reply #479

Mission

hello everyone,

i've installed the last version and when i'm trying to access to my youtube acc. the wdltv automatically reboots.

how can i fix this ?

should i try reinstalling the firmware or what ?

FYI to all... this is happening to me on the standard firmware as well. Some change from YouTube must be causing it. I was using the beta version of YouTube for a few days last week but I am not now... not sure if that is the root of this evil...

I can view other YouTube just fine but not log into my account.