Author Topic: Can't Search  (Read 1328 times)

October 19, 2009, 09:48:16 PM
Read 1328 times

Sickler

When I first hooked up the player, I was using the Media share via Windows 7.  Worked fine except for not streaming MKV (hack got that to work) but couldn't play ISO which was half my collection.  I didn't get thumbnails but I could at least search.  I went to network shares and I get my thumbnails (load incredibly fast BTW) but I cannot search when using Network shares.  This is a hassle since I have some 400 movies on my computer.  Anyone else?

On another note, regarding network shares.  I read on AVSforum someone saying that network shares with a name starting with a letter after "K" didn't show up.  "M"ovies wasn't showing up for me.  I changed it to AMovies and there it was.  Same with Pictures and Videos.  "iTunes" always showed up which was driving me nuts.  So anyway, a little extra bit of info. 

But I'm curious about other people's issue with regards to searching using a network share.  So far no issues streaming over 1080P or using other network features.

October 19, 2009, 10:10:58 PM
Reply #1

matt314159

wow that is an interesting theory on the share names.  I'm gonna have to rename my usenet folder and see if it finally shows up.  No matter what iv'e done I can't seem to get it to show up.

October 20, 2009, 05:28:53 AM
Reply #2

wiiBox

If you're looking for confirmation, I will confirm that it is the same for me and net shares.  I can't search them.  It's a shame we can't do everything on shares that you can do to local usb drives.

As far as the naming issues with networks shares; I have no problems so far with names that start with letters after M; this is from an XP machine.

I guess you guys have tested ISO over network shares?  Do they work?  Granted, without menus.

October 20, 2009, 07:32:29 AM
Reply #3

Sickler

Yes - You can play ISO over Network Shares no problem.. Of course no menus.  With the folder naming issue above, this appears to be specific to Windows 7 (x64 if it makes a difference) and maybe Vista.  XP shares don't appear to have the same issues.