Author Topic: .m2ts files from my Panasonic SD9 camcorder  (Read 1410 times)

October 18, 2009, 09:18:39 AM
Read 1410 times

gchaimovitz

Hi there, i've been reading the forums for a few days and trying to figure out what's going on.  I've got a Panasonic SD9 hd camcorder and writes to an sd card (AVCHD).  When the card is full i use the crappy software HD Writer that it comes with to back up to my computer's hd.  I recently picked up at WDTV unit and I love it but i'm having problems with the m2ts files from the camcorder.  The stream folder shows many m2ts files (00000.mt2s, 000001.mt2s etc) but when i click on any one of them it only plays 1 files (it was 000021.m2ts i think).  If i stop and choose any other file it just says to press cancel to start over or OK to resume.  I'd like to catalog my home movies and be able to stream to my hd tv.  Anyone know what's going on?

Thanks

October 28, 2009, 02:17:12 AM
Reply #1

Mr Lazy

• Mr Lazy
Press Play on the remote instead of Enter and it should play that file and then every subsequent file.

If you are saying that the same file plays regardless of which file you choose then that's weird and I have no idea what's wrong - check that they've been copied correctly and if they play ok on a PC.

I have no problems with the AVCHD files (whether .mts or .m2ts) from my Canon.

I use http://www.smlabs.net/tsmuxer_en.html to join my AVCHD clips together.
Gen1, ext3-boot, Belkin AX88178 Gigabit adapter, Synology DS109 NAS

How-to setup WD TV with NFS shares

November 10, 2009, 12:43:59 PM
Reply #2

Cosby

gchaimovitz,

Did you manage to sort this problem out or did you just merge the files using HDwriter?