Author Topic: WDTV Live Networking Issues - DNS Server  (Read 8602 times)

October 17, 2009, 04:23:27 PM
Read 8602 times

xeyes

I have yet to succeed in getting my WDTV Live to connect to my wireless router.  I am trying to connect it with a LAN cable and going the manual or automatic way doesn't work.  I have tried the exact same settings, entered manually, for my laptop and connected fine, but for some reason the DNS server keeps failing when I go to check the connection.  I have tried having my router with DNS relay both on (setting DNS server IP to my router IP) and off (using DNS server IP from my ISP).  Can anyone give me any suggestions? 

January 09, 2010, 09:36:06 PM
Reply #1

Mikespike

I had almost the same problem. I installed Brad's software and all is fine. As for the wireless, here is a list of the wireless usb devices that do work.
The following devices have been tested and are known to be compatible with the WD TV HD Live Media Player.
USB Wireless Adapters:

Brand    Model
Belkin    F5D8051 V3100
Belkin    F5D8055 v2
Buffalo    WLI-UC-G300HP
New! Buffalo Mini    WLI-UC-GN
Buffalo    WLI-UC-G300N
Buffalo    WLI-UC-GN US
New! D-Link USB Adapter    DWA-125 Wireless 150
D-Link    DWA-140 V1.30
EnGenius    EUB-9701
New! Hi Power Wireless Mini-USB Adapter    GW-USMini2N
New! Level 1 Wireless USB adapter    WNC-0600USB
Linksys    WUSB100 (No Revision)
Linksys    WUSB600N V1
Trendnet    TEW-644UB V1.0R
Trendnet    TEW-645UB
Trendnet    TEW-664UB V1.0R
Sitecom    WL-329 V1 001
New! ZyXel USB Client Adapter    NWD-210N

January 13, 2010, 05:06:41 AM
Reply #2

.:Meero:.

I have yet to succeed in getting my WDTV Live to connect to my wireless router.  I am trying to connect it with a LAN cable and going the manual or automatic way doesn't work.  I have tried the exact same settings, entered manually, for my laptop and connected fine, but for some reason the DNS server keeps failing when I go to check the connection.  I have tried having my router with DNS relay both on (setting DNS server IP to my router IP) and off (using DNS server IP from my ISP).  Can anyone give me any suggestions? 

Had the same problem. Turned out to be a rare overheating problem.
See http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live/WDTV-Live-unable-to-obtain-working-IP-address-while-other/td-p/4998

December 24, 2010, 06:15:52 PM
Reply #3

Tator25

I have a Buffalo WLI-UC-GN wireless card for my WDTV Live Plus and also a compatible router. Yet, my WDTV will not let me connect to the internet. I always get a DNS fail when I check network connection. When connected via ethernet cord it works perfectly, but I need it wireless. What must I do?! Please help.