Author Topic: WDTV Live - 4tb attached!  (Read 3917 times)

October 15, 2009, 10:17:02 PM
Read 3917 times

Mansa

Hey there-

I bought my WDTV - Live this afternoon at Best Buy for $119USD. I have tried to break it, and it has played nearly everything I threw at it... there were some vobs that had no audio, or terrible screeching... not sure why.

Anyway, I was all ready to stream my My Book Studio edition II (4tb, striped) from my desktop, but to my surprise, the WDTV Live recognized it! I have that 4tb and a 2tb connected now, and it's working great. It took about 30 seconds to read the big drive- other than that it's fast.

Watching youtube, streaming my photo gallery, and connecting to all the other network resources has been so much fun. I'm using the 200mbit powerline ethernet and I'm able to play 1080p to or from the device! I love this product. I've been lurking for a bit, reading the old wdtv posts and thought I should contribute now that I upgraded. :)

Mansaur
« Last Edit: October 15, 2009, 10:22:43 PM by Mansa »

October 15, 2009, 10:23:41 PM
Reply #1

matt314159

wow, sounds like it's working out for you!  I haven't hooked any physical drives up to my new Live, but on my old WDTV, when I hooked up my 1.5TB drive, it took over 5 minutes to get it indexed and ready to go (or whatever it does when the light is flashing).   Sounds like the extra guts of the new box is really a boon to performance. 

October 16, 2009, 12:53:48 AM
Reply #2

Syntax Error

I have a 10TB+ array that the WD TV Live's been able to detect as well. I guess GuyWD's claims that there are "no share size limitations" (or at least one that isn't really reachable with current technology) is true.  ;D

December 29, 2014, 03:32:11 AM
Reply #3

Robbo1011

Hello Friend, what vision of Firmware are you using to access your 4 TB, I currently have a 4TB WD and my media box picks it up for about 30seconds than nothing, can you help me out?