Author Topic: Internet Photo Downloader  (Read 22087 times)

October 15, 2009, 02:39:04 PM
Read 22087 times

B5Fan

Update November 11, 2009

v2.3  More bug fixes.  Some field being left blank even though the data is in the xml file.

Rapidshare

Mirror
Mediafire

=== End Update ===

Update November 10, 2009

Here are the template files.

http://rapidshare.com/files/305026412/Template.zip

Mirror
http://www.mediafire.com/file/y5jz0mmmnwj/Template.zip

=== End Update ===

Update November 9, 2009

I managed to automate the process of creating movie sheets with my TheTvDB Downloader script.  Next is to do the same for my IMDB downloader.

Instructions:

- Download file and unzip all to a directory on your drive.
- Run the downloader script first to get the series info and images from TheTvDB.com.  This will be placed into a folder with the name of the series.
- Create folders and backdrops (semi-optional).  The script will inherit the folder and backdrop from the parent directory if they do not exists.  The script will also use the first JPG file it sees within an individual episode folder.  The relieves the hassle of having to rename the episode image that was already downloaded.  So at the minimum you need to pick a folder and backdrop at the series level.
- Run the movie sheet script.  It will ask you pick a folder.  Choose the folder that was just created.
- Wait (sorry, the program I'm using to do the graphics is not very fast so it will take some time)
- Done.

Change Note:  The downloader script is slightly different from version 2.1.  This version puts all the images into a folder called .TheTvDB within the series folder.  This way, the WDTV won't see it when browsing.  Just add the video files and you're off and running.

I tested this with the series Avatar - The Last Airbender.  4 seasons (3 + specials), 82 movie sheets (77 episodes, 4 series sheets, 1 series sheet).
Downloading took about 3 minutes.  Movie sheets took about 6 minutes.

http://rapidshare.com/files/304724383/TheTvDB_Photo_Downloader_v2-2.zip

Mirror
http://www.mediafire.com/file/fyzjaey4dij/TheTvDB Photo Downloader v2-2.zip

===== End Update =====

I put off modding my WDTV until I saw Beanian's WDTV Movie Sheet Generator program.  Now I'm hooked on create movie sheets for all my movies.  The problem I found (no offense to beanian for his wonderful program) is that it wouldn't see all the photos on IMDB.  So I set off to download the photos I wanted manually from IMDB and other sources around the internet and use the WDTV Movie Sheet Generator to combine them.  Although this meant I could have the picture I wanted, it was taking too long.  Long story short, I figured out how to download all the photos from IMDB in one quick step and I am sharing that work here.

http://rapidshare.com/files/293527353/IMDB_Photo_Downloader.zip

This is a simple program (actually a script) I wrote utilizing the program MortScript.  It will ask for a movie title then search IMDB, get the matching movies, allow you to pick from them, then download the movie information and all the photos they have.  The speed of the download depends on your internet speed.

No installation needed.  Just unzip the package to your PC (sorry this won't work on a MAC or under UNIX).  There are 3 files.
- MortScript.exe (this is what makes the program work, if you run this it will register the extensions .mscr and .mortrun)
- IMDB Photo Downloader.mscr (my script, just a plain text file)
- IMDB Photo Downlaoder.exe (you can run this if you don't want to make the registry changes)

When you run it, it will ask for a movie title to search.  If it finds more than 1, it will show a list of what it found.  If there is only 1 match, it will confirm the title before downloading.  It will then create a folder matching the movie title in the folder the program is placed.  It will create the Movie_info.xml file needed by WDTV Movie Sheet Generator.  It will also create a folder "images" within the movie folder and place all the photos there.  Now just pick the images you want and name them accordingly (backdrop.jpg, folder.jpg, fanart1.jpg, etc...).  Also create a dummy wd_tv.jpg file then run WDTV Movie Sheet Generator.  The dummy movie sheet will show, hit the "Go" button to reapply the template and there you go.

It's a little more work than using the program directly, but at least I get the photos I want.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2009, 10:55:54 AM by B5Fan »

October 20, 2009, 03:21:44 PM
Reply #1

B5Fan

version 2 of the TheTvDB Photo Downloader.

http://rapidshare.com/files/295998309/TheTvDB_Downloader_v2.zip

Changes:
- Removes special characters from series name and episode names
- Fix error due to missing episode image

Notes:
I was having trouble with Beanian's moviesheet generator version 1.5 so I've been using 1.4.5, which uses MovieInfo.xml.  Version 1.5 uses Movie_Info.xml.  If you are using 1.5 you will need to change the target filename.  This is line 3 of the script.  Version 1 of my script also used MovieInfo.xml.  The IMDB script used Movie_Info.xml.

I changed the title to better reflect this topic.  First it started out downloading movie info from IMDB.com.  Now I've created another script to download TV episode info from TheTVDB.com.  This one was a little more interesting.  I tested it using one of my favorite shows Stargate SG-1.

10 seasons (~22 episodes each), 214 episodes total
8 specials
~33 MB of data downloaded.

Using my AMD 2GHz laptop, it took 9 minutes and 45 seconds to download the entire series.

http://rapidshare.com/files/295715124/TheTvDB_Downloader.zip

Next, I plan to look into other sites, and hopefully integrate all of this with some sort of moviesheet generator program.

« Last Edit: October 21, 2009, 07:28:57 AM by B5Fan »

October 20, 2009, 03:50:13 PM
Reply #2

jwdicki

IMDB version works great!  I can't get the TV version to run though.... thoughts?

October 20, 2009, 11:29:31 PM
Reply #3

monsta

Nice work B5Fan

I use BeanIan's movie sheet generator, but I've been struggling to find any thing suitable for scraping TV series - are there any templates for BeanIan's app which are geared to multi-season/episode shows?

Couple of probs I have with your script:

I can only get the TV version to run by dropping the script onto the Mortscript.exe - not a biggie but any ideas why?

The script falls over for the case where the episodes title contains a special character which isn't allowed in a directory name (like a ?) - any way to implement an automated catch & rename or give the user the option to rename?

monsta

October 21, 2009, 03:58:31 AM
Reply #4

Ron[NL]

• WDTV Movie Sheet Generator
B5Fan,

I've also downloaded the TV show script as the one you made for movies was great.

With the first TV show I tried "My Name is Earl", I kept getting error messages. Maybe you can try it yourself and figure out what the problem is ?

THANKS !

WDLXTV 0.5.8.1 + Showcase v2 OSD Mod

Philips 40PFL8605H, Sitecom WL-351

Trust HU-5440 USB Hub
WDTV MSG 1.7.0,  TheTvDBv3.0 TVSheetGenerator - rev 5.4.1

October 21, 2009, 07:15:28 AM
Reply #5

B5Fan

jwdicki - I'm gonna need more info on what you mean it won't run.

monsta - If you want the script to run, you need to register the program.  If you are using Vista/7 you need to run mortscript.exe as an administrator.  I'll make a change to the script to remove special characters.  I had done this for the IMDB version but didn't for the TheTvDB version.

Ron[NL] - The problem is occurring when it can't find an episode image.  I'll fix this in the next version.

Edit:  Version 2 is up.  check the 2nd post.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2009, 07:29:58 AM by B5Fan »

October 21, 2009, 10:12:54 AM
Reply #6

Ron[NL]

Next, I plan to look into other sites, and hopefully integrate all of this with some sort of moviesheet generator program.

Nice ! ::)

I think the one Beanian made is a very good starting point. I thought he gave up on his project due to personal things, so there you go !

Trust HU-5440 USB Hub

October 21, 2009, 12:14:30 PM
Reply #7

B5Fan

Beanian's program is good.  I offerred to take over his program but never heard back.  I dont have the programming knowledge to create a program from scratch, but i could probaly figre it out if i saw his code.

October 21, 2009, 01:18:32 PM
Reply #8

jwdicki

I would click on TheTVDBDownloader.exe, authorize the program to run and nothing would happen.  I got it to work by dropping the script onto the MortScript.exe, as monsta did.

have you or anyone else figured out a working template for tv shows/series/seasons??

thanks for all your work!

October 21, 2009, 01:45:46 PM
Reply #9

B5Fan

Oops.  There is a typo in the filename.  It needs a space between Photo and Downloader "TheTvDB Photo Downloader.exe".  This exe file has to have the same name as the script.

October 21, 2009, 02:26:22 PM
Reply #10

jwdicki

that fix did it!

it still gets stuck on question marks (?)  any ideas on how to fix?   

this app you've made is really amazing.  i thought i was going to have to do all of this by hand

October 22, 2009, 04:49:26 AM
Reply #11

rimini80

Hi B5Fan, your scripts are great! I'm using the TV version and I made a small change in order to provide the search in a specific language:
after asking for the title to search, the script also asks the language to search for. If you wish I could upload the "customized" version.

I tried searching for some TV series and it  seems to work well.

Anyway I'm facing an issue with characted encoding: I can't get the script to process special chars. and particular folders names.

You could try with a search of "House"... The script stops with an error on Season 00 episod 24: the folder should be "24 My Favorite Episode So Far...", in fact it is "24 My Favorite Episode So Far".
The same way you will find that some special characters are "weird" (i.e. "16 Blood, Needles and Body Parts- The ‘House’ Prop Department", that should be "16 Blood, Needles and Body Parts: The House Prop Department")

I tried with Stargate SG-1 and all was OK.

Bye!

edit: Ok! I found that MortScript can't process "..." so I added strEpisodeName = Replace(strEpisodeName, ".", "") in order to prevent that issue. the same way I added some Replace lines to... replace special chars. I think I'm getting closer to the (my) goal.

« Last Edit: October 22, 2009, 05:47:20 AM by rimini80 »

October 22, 2009, 05:48:47 AM
Reply #12

Jezza

Your Script is amazing..
Thanks so muchh...

October 22, 2009, 07:45:56 AM
Reply #13

Ron[NL]

Beanian's program is good.  I offerred to take over his program but never heard back.  I dont have the programming knowledge to create a program from scratch, but i could probaly figre it out if i saw his code.

Have you seen this :

http://wdtv.codeplex.com/

Trust HU-5440 USB Hub

October 22, 2009, 08:08:31 AM
Reply #14

B5Fan

Okay, that may be over my head.   ???  I'll see what I can do with it.