Author Topic: I have a feeling that ..  (Read 4543 times)

October 14, 2009, 11:22:47 PM
Read 4543 times

jayallan

• Administrator

• Jay Allan Photo
With the word that the WDTV Live current firmware will be releases along with the GPL code, this is going to become a very popular place!  ;D
WDTV LIVE with current official FW > HDMI > DVDO > Sony CRT Projector 150" 16/9 screen.  Toslink audio to Yamaha DTS receiver. No Network set up yet.

October 15, 2009, 12:32:47 AM
Reply #1

tech324

With the word that the WDTV Live current firmware will be releases along with the GPL code, this is going to become a very popular place!  ;D

If we can get the new WDTV Live player modded, it will be kick ass.  The WD TV Live supports ethernet, youtube, Pandora, wireless adapters, and some have used Playon to stream Hulu and netflix to it.  This little device is going to be awesome, I can't wait to get mine Monday. 

October 30, 2009, 02:38:46 PM
Reply #2

wow0609

I have PlayOn and I use it to stream Hulu to my WD TV Live.  It works pretty well.

PlayOn or Hulu or whoever needs to fix the FF / Rewind issues...  Other than that, it is awesome.

I just want to play my ISOs like I did with XBMC (Menus, etc.) and a maybe a way to manage my Media Folders better (I don't like having to dive so deep into my share to find my media, i.e.  /Media share, then DVDs then Childrens then Animated then... etc.  you get the picture)

W

November 03, 2009, 02:04:20 PM
Reply #3

Headcase_Fargone

I just want Netflix and Hulu support built-in without requiring a third-party app and/or a PC turned on streaming to it.  Anything to get rid of the Roku box (and accompanying 802.11g WLAN) sitting next to my shiny new WDTV Live.

I already have it streaming from my NAS with no PCs powered on.  Netflix and Hulu would make me a very happy camper indeed.

November 03, 2009, 02:51:46 PM
Reply #4

gateway

I just want Netflix and Hulu support built-in without requiring a third-party app and/or a PC turned on streaming to it.  Anything to get rid of the Roku box (and accompanying 802.11g WLAN) sitting next to my shiny new WDTV Live.

I already have it streaming from my NAS with no PCs powered on.  Netflix and Hulu would make me a very happy camper indeed.

It seems all possible, a few questions need to be answered so far.. will python run on the wd tv live, and can we get the web server up and running again... with the way plex (xbmc branch) does it, we should be able to look at the code (its bds based but linux shouldn't be to different) and use some of the functionality or come up with a way to display streams such as hulu or any of the rss feeds provided the proper flash file location can be found and parsed.

a bit of info on this thread

http://wdtvforum.com/main/index.php?topic=2591.0

of course we need some dedicated people to try to work on this..

November 03, 2009, 05:29:10 PM
Reply #5

b-rad.cc

• Personal Text
    FW Hacker
    • B-RAD
python would run on th WDTV live *IF* you compiled it for the WDTV Live.

You won't find me working on Netflix or Hulu, because I don't live in the states--the only place both are available. I seriously doubt anyone'd get netflix working on the device either, without help&authorization from them directly. Dunno about hulu, never looked into it because it interests me none without access.