WDTV LIVE Groups > WDTV LIVE Networking (Official Firmware)

Wireless USB Network Adaptors - Which One Do You Use And ...

(1/18) > >>

organicman:
How happy are you with it?

I have just unboxed my WDTV live and I need to pick up a USB network adapter to play with.

I figure a lot of people are in this position.

Please post the USB adapter you are using and what you like / dislike about it.  If you have issue, let us know!

If you know the bandwidth you are getting please include it.  And if you know the prices/ links please add those as well!

jayallan:

Quote from: ScottWD
Here are the USB Adapters that we've tested: Ralink based

Manufacturer Model # Device Name
Belkin F5D8055 N1 Wireless USB adapter
Belkin F5D8051 N1 Wireless USB adapter
Buffalo WLI-UC-G300HP Wireless N compact USB 2.0 Adapter
Buffalo WLI-UC-G300N Wireless N compact USB 2.0 Adapter
Buffalo WLI-UC-GN Mini
D-Link DWA-140 Rangebooster N USB Adapter
EnGenius EUB-9701 Wireless N adapter
Linksys WUSB100 Rangeplus wireless network usb adapter
Linksys WUSB600N Wireless-N USB network adapter with dual-band
Trendnet TEW-644UB Wireless N USB adapter
Trendnet TEW-645UB Wireless N USB adapter
Trendnet TEW-664UB 300Mbps Dual Band WirelessN USB Adapter
Sitecom WL-329 Wireless Dualband USB Adapter

moustique:
Answer from WD support site:

http://wdc.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/wdc.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=3805&p_created=1255474998&p_sid=2ECfnrKj&p_accessibility=0&p_redirect=&p_srch=1&p_lva=2581&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPTEmcF9zb3J0X2J5PSZwX2dyaWRzb3J0PSZwX3Jvd19jbnQ9MywzJnBfcHJvZHM9MjA4LDI5OSZwX2NhdHM9MCZwX3B2PTIuMjk5JnBfY3Y9JnBfc2VhcmNoX3R5cGU9YW5zd2Vycy5zZWFyY2hfZm5sJnBfcGFnZT0xJnBfc2VhcmNoX3RleHQ9d2lyZWxlc3M!&p_li=&p_topview=1#wireless

matt314159:
I just plugged these bad boys into ebay to see what prices came up, thought I'd share. 
$69 Belkin F5D8055 N1 Wireless USB adapter
$29 Belkin F5D8051 N1 Wireless USB adapter
$49 Buffalo WLI-UC-G300HP Wireless N compact USB 2.0 Adapter
$40 Buffalo WLI-UC-G300N Wireless N compact USB 2.0 Adapter
$23 Buffalo WLI-UC-GN Mini
$23 D-Link DWA-140 Rangebooster N USB Adapter
$32 EnGenius EUB-9701 Wireless N adapter
$20 Linksys WUSB100 Rangeplus wireless network usb adapter
$25 Linksys WUSB600N Wireless-N USB network adapter with dual-band
$25 Trendnet TEW-644UB Wireless N USB adapter
$42 Trendnet TEW-645UB Wireless N USB adapter
$48 Trendnet TEW-664UB 300Mbps Dual Band WirelessN USB Adapter
??? Sitecom WL-329 Wireless Dualband USB Adapter

I want to read some more reviews before I settle for one but I think I like the price and size of the buffalo Mini.    But i'm all the way across the house from the router;  I've currently got a netgear N router setup with DD-WRT configured as a client bridge, and in that corner of the house, with both routers gained up to 100mw, I get 37% signal quality where the WDTV Live is at.   I want something that will give the best performance for a low-signal area, so in that respect, I might go with the Engenius one, I've got an EUB-362 EXT and it's got the BEST RF sensitivity I've ever seen.  Not sure if all the Engenius products are like that or if it was just that one model of G adapter I have.   

tech324:
I bought the Buffalo WLI-UC-GN for the 1st version of WDTV (wdlxtv and ext3) and I couldn't get it to work.  It looks like it works for WDTV Live.  When I get my WDTV Live tomorrow I will test it out.  This adapter is perfect for the WDTV if it works well.  It is one of the smallest wireless N adapters out there.  I have even thought about soldering it to the USB port inside since it is so small.  I will post in the next few days if the adapter works well with the WDTV Live.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version