Author Topic: Pandora on the WDTV Live  (Read 9334 times)

October 13, 2009, 11:08:46 AM
Read 9334 times

savant

What's the word on the Pandora application? That's the part I'm the most interested in. Is it any good? How's the interface?

October 13, 2009, 11:45:28 AM
Reply #1

jayallan

• Administrator

• Jay Allan Photo

I tinkered around with it a little and it seems fairly straightforward.
Just log in with your account and it'll pull your already pre-existing music preferences. :)
WDTV LIVE with current official FW > HDMI > DVDO > Sony CRT Projector 150" 16/9 screen.  Toslink audio to Yamaha DTS receiver. No Network set up yet.

October 13, 2009, 01:38:39 PM
Reply #2

Syntax Error

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that your music will continue to play even if you leave the Pandora section, until you start new media like YouTube or network streaming. It'll probably still run while you're doing things like Flickr or slideshows.  :)

October 14, 2009, 03:05:10 PM
Reply #3

knightar

I like the Pandora feature, it works nicely. However, I wish they would have had a way to jump back to the music section ... but I'm not really complaining =]

October 16, 2009, 06:58:30 AM
Reply #4

andy1911

why would the put a program on the machine that cant be used in every country? will it be in the one i buy in the uk if so why as we can not use pandora seems dumb to me.

October 16, 2009, 08:00:48 AM
Reply #5

Ron[NL]

• WDTV Movie Sheet Generator
I don't have a WD TV Live but when I checked this URL from my pc :

www.pandora.com/

I got following message :

Dear Pandora Visitor,

We are deeply, deeply sorry to say that due to licensing constraints, we can no longer allow access to Pandora for listeners located outside of the U.S. We will continue to work diligently to realize the vision of a truly global Pandora, but for the time being we are required to restrict its use. We are very sad to have to do this, but there is no other alternative.

Again, I can't check if Pandora works on the WD TV Live.

Maybe a non-US WD TV Live owner can confirm if it works or not ?
WDLXTV 0.5.8.1 + Showcase v2 OSD Mod

Philips 40PFL8605H, Sitecom WL-351

Trust HU-5440 USB Hub
WDTV MSG 1.7.0,  TheTvDBv3.0 TVSheetGenerator - rev 5.4.1

October 16, 2009, 08:34:20 AM
Reply #6

andy1911

it wont work in the uk as it is blocking it via IP

October 16, 2009, 10:48:09 PM
Reply #7

savant

Got mine today. So far, Pandora is the only thing that's worked the way I expected it to. Boo.

[edit: spoke too soon, a few songs have bad album art. displays correctly on my pc]
« Last Edit: October 16, 2009, 11:18:29 PM by savant »

October 17, 2009, 02:35:14 AM
Reply #8

Wim S.

it wont work in the uk as it is blocking it via IP

Yeah bad thing, i live also in Europe and Pandorra has no use for us! It's only for the US.....

October 24, 2009, 08:14:08 PM
Reply #9

imago80

Hi all,

New to the forum, first post...just got my wd tv live yesterday.  I seem to be having the opposite experience from many others regarding pandora.  Everything on the device is working exactly as I expected EXCEPT pandora.  Pandora will show all the stations I have in my account but when I select any of them to play I get the error "Unable to play the selected file. Please refer to the user manual..."  My stations are playing ok through the pandora web version.  I tried two ways of linking the wd live to my pandora account, neither worked.  I list both methods below.

Method 1)
On the wd live:  music -> pandora -> add account -> i have a pandora account -> enter pandora email/password -> account gets added, all my stations show up on the wd live.  None play, all show same error described above.

Method 2)
On the wd live:  music -> pandora -> add account -> i am new to pandora.  Write down activation code.
On my pc:  www.pandora.com/wd -> enter code noted above, click activate -> i have a pandora account -> enter acct info, click lookup account
On the wd live:  continue -> account gets added, all stations show up, none play, same error.

Anyone had a similar experience?  Other than this hiccup the WD TV Live has streamed 720p MKVs from Linux samba shares as well as Mac OS X samba shares with zero issues.  TIA for any tips...

November 04, 2009, 05:13:13 AM
Reply #10

pacorob

• Personal Text
    WDLXTV user
I hope Pandora will be available again in Europe legally (yes it was in the past) it is so much better then Deezer which is one of the alternatives in Europe.

I'm also curious if this is available in the European edition. Or maybe there is only one version
Firmw: WDLXTV 0.5.6.1
Apps: Webserver addons 0.2 (weather,rss), Upnp 0.2.2, Apple Trailers 0.3.3.1b, EventOSD r170, XBMC via Upnp 720p plays ok
Wireless USB Linksys wusb600n w. WPA2 (ralink rt2870)
USB Stick 16GB Sony FAT32 | W. Router: Linksys (Cisco) WRT160N