Author Topic: Western Digital Confirms New WDTV-2  (Read 64490 times)

October 07, 2009, 03:17:59 PM
Reply #75

.:Meero:.

From amazon.co.uk.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Western-Digital-Internet-Streamer-Television/dp/B002LZUHMI/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1254957443&sr=8-2-spell

The BD drive is for my desktop computer. Primarily so that I can rip two DVDs at the same time now, but also so that I can rip BluRays in the future.

October 08, 2009, 11:31:18 AM
Reply #76

:o *argh* >:(

Dear Customer,

Greetings from Amazon.co.uk.

Please be advised that we have a revised delivery date for the items you ordered on October 07 2009.

"Western Digital Live 1080p Internet Media Streamer Television"
   Estimated arrival date: November 13 2009 - December 01 2009

October 08, 2009, 02:14:33 PM
Reply #77

dextertech

thx for the info.:Meero:.  i've been waiting for the 2nd edition ever since it was announced.

A deal-breaker for me would be if the WDTV2 (live) doesn't stream from samba shares. Does anyone know if this will be supported?

October 11, 2009, 11:12:53 PM
Reply #78

voltagex

A deal-breaker for me would be if the WDTV2 (live) doesn't stream from samba shares. Does anyone know if this will be supported?

Yes, it streams over Samba. Please see my other thread for more info.

October 12, 2009, 04:31:16 AM
Reply #79

peacedog

Another bad thing is that the WDTV does not support dts downmix and the wdtv2 appears to support this,
looks like I wasted my money :-\

I use a freeware program called AudioConverter to convert my DTS-encoded MKV files to AC3.  You can retain the DTS track if you choose (which I don't choose).

Conversion doesn't take too long.  I'm using an old P4-3.2Ghz and it takes 30 minutes for a 2 hour movie. 

http://audioconverter.heartware.dk/Tutorial/

October 13, 2009, 09:56:07 AM
Reply #80

Gave up on amazon.co.uk and canceled my order. Amazon said they would send me the two 1.5TB HDs and the bluray drive separately because the WDTV Live was not in stock ("Usually dispatched within 1 to 3 months"!). Then they started saying they wouldn't ship the drives either for two more weeks because they weren't in stock, even though their site clearly say they are!  >:( Want to start ripping my DVDs now!

Got an email this morning from lambda-tek.com saying they now had 38 of the WDTV Live in stock. I went out to my local Comet first to see if I could pick it up there, and when I came back they were all gone!  :(

Luckily scan.co.uk showed their stock would arrive today, so I called them and conformed that they had indeed received 200+ units. Placed my order at 4.05pm and just got an email confirming it has been dispatched at 6.45pm. That's what I call service!  :D