Author Topic: About this section  (Read 20749 times)

October 12, 2009, 12:28:40 AM
Read 20749 times

jayallan

• Administrator

• Jay Allan Photo
Guys,

I created this area so we can keep all the discussions separate for the new second generation WDTV Media Streamers. 

As interest grows I will add firmware updates and other sub- sections as they are needed. 

Jay
WDTV LIVE with current official FW > HDMI > DVDO > Sony CRT Projector 150" 16/9 screen.  Toslink audio to Yamaha DTS receiver. No Network set up yet.

October 12, 2009, 04:25:03 PM
Reply #1

nube

• Personal Text
    avsforum junkie
Hello.

Thanks for the forum.

May I humbly suggest removing the " - MINI" from this forum, and creating one specifically for the MINI?  I imagine people coming to look for info about the MINI won't want to wade through what will definitely be 95% WDTV Live information, if you catch my drift.

Cheers!

October 12, 2009, 06:20:25 PM
Reply #2

jayallan

• Administrator

• Jay Allan Photo
Hello.

Thanks for the forum.

May I humbly suggest removing the " - MINI" from this forum, and creating one specifically for the MINI?  I imagine people coming to look for info about the MINI won't want to wade through what will definitely be 95% WDTV Live information, if you catch my drift.

Cheers!

Hey Nube!  I will definitely break off a Mini section once I have adequate posts :)
WDTV LIVE with current official FW > HDMI > DVDO > Sony CRT Projector 150" 16/9 screen.  Toslink audio to Yamaha DTS receiver. No Network set up yet.

October 23, 2009, 05:27:55 PM
Reply #3

schnoid

I definitely agree. I was confused about the mini part. I don't even know what the WD TV mini even does.  :-P  I thought the WD TV Live was mini enough.  :)  Glad to see this forum exists though! Just bought my WD TV Live and really excited to see what gets developed for it!!

November 06, 2009, 04:12:52 PM
Reply #4

Whoheart

Yeah, I thought it was about the mini as well.
If you think there is something wrong with your WD device contact them and then act upon that: Either wait or move on - don't whine here - this is not WD's board. If you have a problem, start a thread and ask - perhaps someone knows the answer.

November 06, 2009, 04:38:12 PM
Reply #5

jayallan

• Administrator

• Jay Allan Photo
Yeah, I thought it was about the mini as well.

Ok, Ok I caved in! :)

J

November 09, 2009, 06:34:26 PM
Reply #6

schnoid

Thanks! Hopefully the WD TV Live section gets popular enough to become the primary device on this site.  :)

January 12, 2010, 07:40:31 AM
Reply #7

Whoheart

You need to add more hamsters to the cage jayallan! More and more we are seeing the servers being too busy :)
If you think there is something wrong with your WD device contact them and then act upon that: Either wait or move on - don't whine here - this is not WD's board. If you have a problem, start a thread and ask - perhaps someone knows the answer.

January 12, 2010, 12:35:54 PM
Reply #8

jayallan

• Administrator

• Jay Allan Photo
You need to add more hamsters to the cage jayallan! More and more we are seeing the servers being too busy :)

Yeah I am working on ti with my hosting.  It's gonna get a lot more expensive so I am not sure how to justify it. 

January 12, 2010, 06:50:20 PM
Reply #9

Whoheart

Ah, well if you are footing the bill yourself, it may not be worth it - just to see an bunch of strangers bickering :)

July 08, 2010, 12:55:52 PM
Reply #10

jonfuj

Help      Help
This is my first visit here to seek some advice about my WD machine but I'm beginning to suspect that I'm totally lost and out of my depth as I hardly understand a word in most of the threads to the extent that I don't even know if I'm in the right section here as I don't Know which variant of the machine I've got ( it says WD TV HD Media PLayer on the box). I am, therefore, totally confused about stuff like firmware updates and suchlike and wonder if anyone can take pity on a baffled senior-citizen by directing me to the right place to ask my (probably simple) question about the operation of the machine. Many thanks in advance.
Jonfuj

July 20, 2010, 04:21:23 AM
Reply #11

Whoheart

Help      Help
This is my first visit here to seek some advice about my WD machine but I'm beginning to suspect that I'm totally lost and out of my depth as I hardly understand a word in most of the threads to the extent that I don't even know if I'm in the right section here as I don't Know which variant of the machine I've got ( it says WD TV HD Media PLayer on the box). I am, therefore, totally confused about stuff like firmware updates and suchlike and wonder if anyone can take pity on a baffled senior-citizen by directing me to the right place to ask my (probably simple) question about the operation of the machine. Many thanks in advance.
Jonfuj

Well if it doesn't say "LIVE" on the box, then your device is probably covered in this group http://wdtvforum.com/main/index.php?board=1.0 :)

October 27, 2010, 08:35:26 AM
Reply #12

Mike1a

Hey guys i have a few questions about gen2 WDTV Live

1. Is it working with Windows 7 even after Windows Live Essentials 2011?

2. Does it play MKV, WMV, ISO, IMG, AVI, IMG and ofcourse mp4, mp3?

3. How can you spot the difference between gen1 and gen2 WDTV Live at the store looking at a retail box?

4. And if it plays ISO and IMG is showing dvd menus?

/Micke
« Last Edit: October 27, 2010, 08:53:19 AM by Mike1a »