Author Topic: I have a WDTV Live, ask me anything.  (Read 22924 times)

October 15, 2009, 12:02:09 PM
Reply #45

redindian

• True Font Family - Any font, any website, any browser
Just tried playing an iso over the network. Took forever and then finally it started, but stopped right away. The WDTV had no problems with the same iso over the same network...

Going to try those test files now and see if the colors are ok on my device.

October 15, 2009, 12:33:06 PM
Reply #46

redindian

• True Font Family - Any font, any website, any browser
Hmm, seems to be a gerenic network problem at the moment. The 720p that played perfectly now won't play either. :-(

October 15, 2009, 01:30:19 PM
Reply #47

voltagex

I am now away from home for a while. When I get back I'll answer more questions but there seems to be enough people around who have these devices now

October 15, 2009, 01:33:43 PM
Reply #48

tech324

Does anyone have a comparison on the hardware differences between the original WDTV and the new WDTV Live?

October 15, 2009, 05:10:55 PM
Reply #49

jayallan

• Administrator

• Jay Allan Photo
Guys,

I am closing this thread.  IT is too vague and good answers may get lost in the mix here.  Start individual threads for each type of question.

Jay
WDTV LIVE with current official FW > HDMI > DVDO > Sony CRT Projector 150" 16/9 screen.  Toslink audio to Yamaha DTS receiver. No Network set up yet.

October 15, 2009, 05:56:59 PM
Reply #50

b-rad.cc

• Personal Text
    FW Hacker
    • B-RAD
In the manual I can see that the live has an online registration function. Is this online registration mandatory or can it be skipped?

I wonder if WDTV contacts any Western Digital servers (or any other servers) without the knowledge and permission of the user. To upload usage statistics for example. I would really hate to have a device that phones home and violates my privacy.
voltagex, can you see any suspicious online activities of the WDTV live?

dunno if anyones pointed this out yet, but the WDTV Live definitely phones home to--at the least--check for firmware updates.