Author Topic: WDTV Live spotted in the wild  (Read 4991 times)

October 09, 2009, 09:32:59 AM
Read 4991 times

KeyOfZ

I was at my local BB last night and went looking for some blank media....and there stacked up along side the blank media are 5 WDTV Live boxes with no price tag.

I asked the Blue Shirt to check the price for me....139.99

I'll wait until they come down a bit... ;D

-KeyOfZ

October 09, 2009, 12:54:46 PM
Reply #1

gzerot

Just Called 2 bestbuy's in my area. Both don't have it, or a SKU for it. - I have been reading that some people have been buying it today though.

Sorry almost forgot - thats the Folsom, CA and the Citrus Heights, CA Bestbuy stores.

Gzerot
WD TV Live - Newest update
Quad Core Desktop
Core 2 Laptop
Denon - 3808 Reciever
Sony 40" LCD
Direct Tv HD Reciever
Dlink DIR-655
Dlink DAP-1522
Dlink DNS-323 - Online 3/6

October 09, 2009, 02:35:57 PM
Reply #2

KeyOfZ

Just Called 2 bestbuy's in my area. Both don't have it, or a SKU for it. - I have been reading that some people have been buying it today though.

Sorry almost forgot - thats the Folsom, CA and the Citrus Heights, CA Bestbuy stores.

Gzerot

I saw the WDTV Live for sale at the Dublin CA. BB.
-KeyOfZ

October 11, 2009, 03:54:35 AM
Reply #3

voltagex

I *have one* and can provide any information you need. I'm in Australia and we seem to have got them before anyone else?
I want to hack it but it appears to be very locked down.

Where would be the best place to post nmap scans and stuff like that? I don't want to spam my website so PM me for the page I have at the moment.

October 11, 2009, 06:29:53 PM
Reply #4

Hellion

I got one in San Diego, CA today for $99 at Best Buy.  I asked a manager to lower the price as they had them mixed in with the "older" model.  He did with no issues.
Hope to see you guys do some wonders with this model, like the last one!

October 11, 2009, 07:17:37 PM
Reply #5

tj32

I bought one today at Best Buy in Portland, Oregon.  BB Online price is $119.99.  Store price was $139.99.  They adjusted to the lower price after looking it up online.

October 12, 2009, 05:19:24 AM
Reply #6

RhodeNet

Bought one yesterday at BB in Mansfield, MA - used online order for store pickup - $119.99 plus 10% off store discount.
The big thing I  wanted is networking, and it works fine with the shares, but for some reason I cannot access my DLNA server (Twonky on my Qnap 409 NAS) - I'm thinking it is a port isssue. The Qnap allows me to select different upnp devices but I have no idea what the WD TV Live is emulating.

The firmware is 1.0.0.0 - so give WD a chance! I intend to setup a separate VLAN with my ReadyNas/Procurve switch and use jumbo blocks to speed things up.

I have not plugged it into my receiver yet so cannot comment on DTS

RhodeNet