Author Topic: Bug 1.XX.XX - WD freezes upon going from stand-by  (Read 1883 times)

October 03, 2009, 03:25:22 AM
Read 1883 times

hacksrus

Hello, I was wondering if other people encounter this issue, or maybe it is caused merely by my setup. I use WD with last version of ext3-boot and the newest version of event-osd. It goes like that - I plug in WD TV, it loads as it should, I am able to connect any of my HDDs, watch movies without problem, and display the movie sheets with event-osd. When I go into standby (the red button on remote), it turns itself off as it should. Now the problem starts... When I power it on back, it will also work as it should - and I can repeat than unlimited amount of times. Then I leave WD in standby for more time - usually the timespan was around 1 day - and when I get back, and turn it on with remote, my TV screen blinks, the leds on WD light themselves, and all I get is "No signal" on my TV. The only thing that helps, is plugging off, and plugging in it again,, then it makes hard reboot, and it again works as it should - until next time.

It is unknown to me, whether the WD indeed freezes, or simply fails to deliver the OSD to my TV - I would check it with ssh, but I do not own USB hub, so I have both ports occupied - and the network card needs hard reboot to initialize, so I am not able to connect to frozen WD TV. Anyone with the same issue? Maybe my unit is faulty, or ext3-boot is? Or maybe it is fault of slow pendrive, containing ext3-boot? Maybe I will try going with the WDLxTV, but I heard that it causes some slowdowns....

There is also another bug, which appears occasionally - if it don't freeze after powering it on, the HDDs don't get mounted at all - the only one visible is the pendrive with ext3-boot. Disconnecting, and connecting the HDDs back doesn't help - also the hard reboot is needed.

October 07, 2009, 03:07:09 PM
Reply #1

snauth

With a wdlxtv 0.5.6.1 and a Belkin usb network adapter the unit almost always freezes when switched off with the remote. If it does not then network shares are sometimes not mounted.

November 04, 2009, 06:03:32 AM
Reply #2

Lalle

How can i solve this problem? Any work-arround?

November 05, 2009, 01:35:52 AM
Reply #3

Levis

I've noticed yesterday a similar bug...
After a day of standby I turned on the wdtvlive, all the mounts were ok, but when I click on a movie it hangs.... after the power off/on all returned to normality.... it happens 2 times...

Standby some hours.... then freeze on the first play.... no one noticed? It could be a problem with my lan?