Author Topic: Bug 1.XX.XX - Remote suddenly completely dead.  (Read 2409 times)

September 28, 2009, 12:57:27 AM
Read 2409 times

bobosquishy

The stock remote has suddenly died on me for no apparent reason.  It won't even power on the unit.  Luckily I have a Logitech Harmony which is programmed to control the WDTV.

I have not dropped the stock remote
I have tried several different sets of batteries
I have not been using the stock remote at all; I have been using the Logitech Harmony ever since I bought the WDTV.  I have only used the stock remote when I can't remember where I put the harmony remote (misplaced).

My conclusion is that the stock remote was simply faulty because I barely used it at all and it still died on me.  This does raise an interesting point which has probably already been mentioned several times before.  If the stock remote is lost or damaged, the user cannot even power on the unit.  There are two things which can resolve this problem.  1) A power button somewhere on the device, and 2) USB keyboard support.  Something to think about.
I reserve the right to ignore you for any reason.

October 01, 2009, 03:28:04 PM
Reply #1

jayallan

• Administrator

• Jay Allan Photo
Any follow up on this.  Is it still dead  ???
WDTV LIVE with current official FW > HDMI > DVDO > Sony CRT Projector 150" 16/9 screen.  Toslink audio to Yamaha DTS receiver. No Network set up yet.

October 01, 2009, 09:56:01 PM
Reply #2

bobosquishy

Well, I put it in a cave and rolled a boulder in front of it but it's been about three days and I'm beginning to lose hope.  :P

October 02, 2009, 02:48:14 AM
Reply #3

Pangadaywalker

I don't know if this is the case. But I know the IR has a very big problem with any TV power saving.

Check to see if your is set up and turn it off.

Try to use the control then. If still not good, then return the WDTV and get a new one, or at least the IR if possible.
My set:

October 02, 2009, 08:55:35 AM
Reply #4

bobosquishy

I don't know if this is the case. But I know the IR has a very big problem with any TV power saving.

Check to see if your is set up and turn it off.

Try to use the control then. If still not good, then return the WDTV and get a new one, or at least the IR if possible.

Thanks for trying, but unless you have advice on how to repair a broken remote (perhaps with a soldering gun), don't bother. :)