Author Topic: TViXiE Templates by Idaho680  (Read 100313 times)

September 29, 2009, 05:06:02 AM
Reply #30

beanian

@redindian
I have ran in to this issue also. What im doing is getting the width & height(in pixels) of the string to be displayed and setting that as the width of the text to show.

September 29, 2009, 05:51:04 AM
Reply #31

beanian

@idaho680 The width and height relate to the dimensions of each element. If auto size is false you run the risk of certain text being clipped as it is too wide to fit in the text element. However is autosize is set to true some text will run into other elements creating an almighty mess!!
The following movie sheet is a good example of the pitfalls and advantages of autosize:

The small title has autosize set to true but it runs into the fanart image.
The large title has it set to false but it is clipped as the text element has a width of 700 and the title of this movie requires more than that.

So its a balancing act really. And thats why i dont design templates!!! ;D

September 30, 2009, 01:49:10 AM
Reply #32

beanian

Great work idaho680! I think you have pretty much all the bases covered there. My application will display more than 5 actors/5 genres however it will detect if it is going to run out of space and add a '...' to the end.
I notice that Tvixie uses very long plot descriptions, most of these are critical reviews. I dont like this as it can influence your take on a film so i prefer short factual descriptions of the films which is what is used in my app. So there is no way of my app filling the plot field in your templates!!
Also you dont want the text too small as it may become difficult to read on smaller TV screens.

September 30, 2009, 06:41:07 AM
Reply #33

redindian

• True Font Family - Any font, any website, any browser
The unstoppable force Idaho680 :-)

Excellent templates. Will have to update my templates too. Like how the title can expand now, but maybe you could loose the 2nd title in some templates all together since it is rather big at the bottom. But I'm not telling you how to do your job, haha. Great templates, will love to add these. Had to increase my app.bin to fit them. :-)

October 02, 2009, 02:42:37 AM
Reply #34

beanian

@Idaho, New Templates are great! Just did a quick test of them there. Have a look at the year below. It is getting clipped. Happens for all my movies. NOTE: This sheet was generated using my app so it might be an issue with my code and not the template. Also, Am I seeing things or are the tails of the 'g' getting clipped?

Cheers,
Ian

October 05, 2009, 04:03:16 AM
Reply #35

lilibabe

• http://wdtv.free.fr/
Even if i don't use movie sheets (until it will be possible with original fw !), i must say that it's very beautiful ! Good work idaho680.
If you appreciate my work and want to contribute, feel free to donate at http://wdtv.free.fr/

October 05, 2009, 04:27:31 AM
Reply #36

lilibabe

• http://wdtv.free.fr/
Do you have other templates in mind now?
If you appreciate my work and want to contribute, feel free to donate at http://wdtv.free.fr/

October 05, 2009, 04:39:36 AM
Reply #37

redindian

I'm begging you, please stop making those great templates, because now I have to add these as well. :-D

Am really impressed with the new ones. I think I'm going to setup something for the media flags too. My idea is to scan the title for known flags like '720p', '5.1', 'mkv', '264' and such and then if it finds any of those it will add the flag icon to the template.

At the moment I'm thinking about scanning the directories for .nfo files also and see if I can match an IMDB id and/or media flags.

Already my new code will download up to 3 images of fanart to fill your templates.

When I get to creating the template based background images on the fly they will look even better!

Great stuff Idaho680! :-)

October 05, 2009, 04:59:37 AM
Reply #38

stepps7

how do you place the flags onto the movie sheet?

October 05, 2009, 05:16:43 AM
Reply #39

stepps7

I did download them and have them saved on my PC.  My question is when using tvixie, how do I insert them onto the movie sheet?

Thanks for your help.  Keep up the good work! ;D!! 

October 05, 2009, 01:05:59 PM
Reply #40

cUbA_LiBrE

Thx again for the new template. I think i got the template that i wanted. I edited today your new template and my alredy created sheets and it looks superb.

Here are some samples.

Clear Showcase

Check it out!

October 05, 2009, 10:55:22 PM
Reply #41

manolillo90

Hi Idaho680

I think you have done a great, great job. It is marvellous.

I have a doubt. I have used the LaurentG Modded Template to remove Bottom Frame & Text and for movies is perfect but I can not see the chapters of my series (I only see an arrow or two arrows, but I can not see the titles).

Could be possible to do something in the template so we could se the chapter's names again?

Best Regards

October 06, 2009, 10:25:56 AM
Reply #42

manolillo90

Ok Thank you

I'll try with LaurentG's thread.

By the way, I have never be able to choose anything with LaurentG template (I have installed WDLXTV + LaurentG original template + Lilibabe OSD) and I have never seen the thumbnail resolution option.

Where is it?

Thank you again.

Regards

October 06, 2009, 10:30:06 PM
Reply #43

manolillo90

Yes, I think you are right.

I suppose that we need help from LaurentG. I imagine if his mod is able to identify when you have more of one file to show or not the "arrows" he will be able to develop something who permits to hide the text for movies when you have only 1 line and show it if you have to show the "arrows".

I have written to LaurentG about this topic. I hope he could say something about it.

Regards

October 06, 2009, 11:32:01 PM
Reply #44

redindian

I've added a very small title element with my own mods. Will add the suggestion to remove it completely if there is only one file present. Nice idea.

BTW. Would be fairly simple to overwrite my overlay with the standard one from LaurentG so you can still use his other options.