Author Topic: TViXiE Templates by Idaho680  (Read 100410 times)

September 22, 2009, 06:02:57 AM
Read 100410 times

idaho680

had enough,retired

MOD : added the title of thread back in.  Sorry to see you go Idaho! :(
« Last Edit: November 25, 2009, 03:20:06 PM by jayallan »

September 22, 2009, 06:33:27 AM
Reply #1

ToJa92

• Personal Text
    It's all about the polygon count!
I like the Simple Multiplex template, thanks :D
8GB Sandisk USB Memory + Apple USB Ethernet adapter -> WDTV(FW: WDLXTV 0.5.6.1) -> HDMI(1080P, 24Hz mode) to Samsung LE32A336, Toslink to JVC TH-SW9, LAN to switch to computer with 1TB + 500GB discs and a NFS Server

September 22, 2009, 07:02:20 AM
Reply #2

lilibabe

• http://wdtv.free.fr/
Very nice work ! Beautiful !

Does it look as good on the tv (i think the wdtv will enlarge 720->1080) ?
If you appreciate my work and want to contribute, feel free to donate at http://wdtv.free.fr/

September 22, 2009, 01:37:21 PM
Reply #3

pally

I guess I'm using these wrong somehow cuz I end up with images that has the text one them, e.g backdrop in the upper left corner and then fanart on the big piture in the middle.

Am I supposed to be getting images myself to use or how does this work?

Sorry for the dumb questions but I'm not really sure how to get it to look as cool as you have shown here

September 23, 2009, 12:17:40 AM
Reply #4

redindian

• True Font Family - Any font, any website, any browser
Great stuff! Been converting these as default templates. Looks nice, but the cover overlay seems different in the multi view?

Here are some quick and dirty tests. Automatically generated, so no user interaction needed what so ever. These are screenshots from my web based preview and no movie info is filled in. But this is how it will look approximately.

Ignore the wrapping and overlay etc. This is because of the previewer. Also I used my editorial freedom to use the backdrop as central image and add a glow in the multiplex. :-)

Again, very nicely done!

September 23, 2009, 01:25:24 AM
Reply #5

pally

Props to you guys for making something like this, it looks really cool.
I gave up getting it to work but thanks for all the work and effort :)

September 23, 2009, 01:58:41 AM
Reply #6

pally

lol, yeah, I tried the guide and everything but if I understand this correctly I'd have to make all kinds of jpgs for movies (backgrounds etc.) and I kinda thought they could be automade from the jpg that is downloaded e.g via imdb when I run them through TVIXIE.

I do know how to run TVIXIE by now  ;)

September 23, 2009, 03:32:36 AM
Reply #7

beanian

I'm also working on integrating these templates into my Movie Generator application.

@Redindian, How are you handling the neodynamic sdk objects that tvixie uses? I'm just planning on ignoring them (thus loosing effects like reflections etc). I dont fancy splashing out $280 on the SDK!!

September 23, 2009, 01:05:34 PM
Reply #8

pally

So you should have known, that TViXie doesent automake backgrounds etc

Yes, that's kinda why I was trying to figure out how to make the backgrounds myself.....
Anyway, I got it to work now I think.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2009, 10:36:29 PM by pally »

September 23, 2009, 10:09:43 PM
Reply #9

redindian

@beanian: just ignoring them too. been looking at reflections, but it's just too slow on the WDTV.

September 25, 2009, 04:07:42 AM
Reply #10

cUbA_LiBrE

Hi,

I am new and I am very exited about the WD TV. Always wanted a Player who plays everything. I liked the feature to view the thumbnails of each movie on the HDD, but I was stunned about the movie sheets which are possible on a HTPC.

I discovered this Forum at least an I am very happy about the new B-RAD firmware and the possiblity to create moviesheets for the WD TV.

Thanks to Idaho680 for the Templates. I like your AeonSimple template, but i missed the Year, Director and Runtime. So I added them =) I was not that difficult as I thought. I hope you do not mind my editing.

But I have a question. How good is the compatibility on a WD TV. I am not able to test it because I have not bought it (waiting untill christmas or so). I hope it works well, so I can start making some sheets for my moviecollection, wich is by the way very large. I would not be so happy if my work would be for nothing.

Here is by the way some samples of my interpretation of the AeonSimple template. They do need some finetuning.

Clear Showcase

Check it out!

September 26, 2009, 12:49:28 AM
Reply #11

redindian

Nice one, great new templates, will add these to the templates too. Off course without the reflection, but that will do for me. :-)

I especially like the simple ones where you can still see the backdrop. But the other ones are nice too. When the new release is out you'll see how I modified the Aeon to show in movie pictures. But maybe you can do a better job by creating a separate view for it.

September 26, 2009, 08:37:46 AM
Reply #12

cUbA_LiBrE

Thx for the Updated AeonSimple Template.

It looks exactly like i was imaging it (exepting the Year ;) ) Looking forward for the final version. Also thx for adding the Rating. I tried to add it yesterday but i failed =)
Clear Showcase

Check it out!

September 26, 2009, 03:22:54 PM
Reply #13

pally

Next template design will focus on the backdrop, ill try to do a simple info design and a full info design.

Most probably wont be CRT friendly though... (the text will have to be small)

A question to members: with regards to 'PLOT" text.. do you prefer a short summary or a long summary (eg. IMDB plot summaries are really short.... where as other sites are like a mini-review essay.)

Some of these templates ive got to fill out the plot and others i have to condense. (all to make it look 'nice')

feedback,thoughts would help me in the design process.

Thanks.

The new one is really really nice  ;)
I prefer the long summary but at the same time I also prefer to see as much backdrop as possible, so I guess those 2 things don't really go all that well together :)

September 26, 2009, 09:50:18 PM
Reply #14

lilibabe

• http://wdtv.free.fr/
You can certainly remove this by modifying xml files included in LaurentG.app.bin (mount, modify, recreate).
If you appreciate my work and want to contribute, feel free to donate at http://wdtv.free.fr/