Author Topic: 2GB limit on XVID?  (Read 1863 times)

September 20, 2009, 08:53:43 PM
Read 1863 times

note4shawn

Hello all. I just got my WDTV a few days ago. I have connected it to my NAS via the ext3-boot fw and adapter. It works awesome. The only problem that I am having is that some of my movies on the NAS do not show in the list of movies. The only thing that I have been able to find that is different from the ones that do appear is the file size. All my movies are XVID (AVI) with DD. I have converted most of them myself using the same process for all. So they all have the same codecs, framerate, sample rate, etc. I converted them anywhere from 1.5GB to 2.9GB in size depending on the movie length. I did this to keep the quality up.

So what I have realized is that none of the movies that are bigger than 2GB in size show in the list. The strange thing is that it shows the total amount of movies on my NAS correctly but does not show them all.

I have searched the internet for this problem but cannot seem to find similar issues. Can someone lend me some assistance?

Thanks
FreeNAS Server | FW 1.02.11 | WDLXTV 0.5.7 | LaurentG 1.3.2 | nfs.app.bin |  Webserver addon 0.2

September 22, 2009, 05:00:08 AM
Reply #1

Pangadaywalker

I always tried to process MKV movies with the highest bitrate possible for XVid and DVix. Always had a problem with 2GB movies. Movies never goes to the end....
I guess it has that limitation.

Cheers.
My set:

September 23, 2009, 08:43:14 AM
Reply #2

gunman

note4shawn

You probably have your HD formatted with a FAT32 filesystem, you should convert it to NTFS.

September 24, 2009, 02:40:08 AM
Reply #3

Pangadaywalker

Yes... I was using FAT32 with Vista!! LOLOLOL!!

No.. it is NTFS and the limitation is for the container.

I made so many tests with the exact same result.
My set:

September 26, 2009, 04:31:39 AM
Reply #4

inipi

Just mux your large avi's into mkv's with mkvtoolnix.  It's a lossless procedure and won't harm the quality.

September 28, 2009, 03:49:54 AM
Reply #5

Pangadaywalker

At the time I didn't have the WDTV. Now I don't download AVI or re-encode anymore.

But it is good to know.

Thks
My set: