Author Topic: Legal Movie Downloads  (Read 8852 times)

September 13, 2009, 03:17:50 AM
Read 8852 times

argho

Wonder where you guys download movies from.

Ever sine I got my WD TV I have been looking around for legal download sites.
I chanced upon this :
www.moviepro.net

- It has full HD downloads, and is inexpensive ($4.99 for a movie).
- The site appears legal.
- I googled "moviepro.net fraud" in several different ways, and got nothing
- Both Mcafee and Norton certify the site is virus free
- The licensing organisation mentioned on the site is genuine and legal (Russian Organization for multimedia and Digital Systems (ROMS)). Whether the sites actually have a licence from ROMS, I cannot verify.

I have downloaded several movies from moviepro, and haven't had a problem so far.
They have movies available in different quality, at different prices.
The newest movies are only available in low quality.
Slightly older movies are available in high-def (1080p and 720p). These are no camera prints. Eg. Wanted :
Wanted Movie Download in HD 1080p/HD 720p/DivX/iPod Quality

Have anyone tried this site ? Any info ?

Else, where can I buy legal High Def movie downloads for my WD TV ?
Any suggestions welome.

Rgds.........

September 13, 2009, 04:47:59 AM
Reply #1

tilerone

You obviously didn't look very hard at that site...
Of course moviepro is VERY ILLEGAL. Most sites in Russia are illegal. They pay nothing to any organization for copyright etc I don't know how you worked that out.
The site allowing poor quality downloads ,.... in CAM or TS versions should have told you it is illegal as you cannot DL anything below retail DVD etc legally.

September 13, 2009, 05:05:18 AM
Reply #2

argho

Which are the legal movie download sites then ? Pls advise.

September 13, 2009, 09:50:15 AM
Reply #3

tilerone

Sorry I wouldn't have a clue which are legal as most movie downloads are ILLEGAL as movie companies hate allowing even legal digital downloads.
Personally I get my movies from........ ;) if you get my meaning.

PS...... Get rid of Norton and Mcafee as they are both system hogs and miss soooooooooooooooooooo many virus/trojans etc and also give way too manY false reports....Any other antivirus software is way better than the 2 you mentioned.
Look at it this way..... Norton ....Mcafeee are shipped with most systems at retail so what do you think hackers etc learn to screw with first ??????
Also both are serious resource hogs. Getting rid of them will speed your system up quite a lot.    Try ESET NOD32 or Kaspersky 2 of the best on the market. :)
« Last Edit: September 13, 2009, 09:55:17 AM by tilerone »

September 14, 2009, 12:08:15 PM
Reply #4

franks

• DeSpammer

I know that I can purchase and download movies for the PS3 via the PlayStation Store service.  I think NetFlix and Blockbuster have a service for renting movies. I think Microsoft sells individual episodes of television shows. But I have no idea if these files could be transferred to another device for play via WDTV.

September 14, 2009, 12:22:26 PM
Reply #5

jayallan

• Administrator

• Jay Allan Photo
I know that I can purchase and download movies for the PS3 via the PlayStation Store service.  I think NetFlix and Blockbuster have a service for renting movies. I think Microsoft sells individual episodes of television shows. But I have no idea if these files could be transferred to another device for play via WDTV.

They cant. All have DRM.
WDTV LIVE with current official FW > HDMI > DVDO > Sony CRT Projector 150" 16/9 screen.  Toslink audio to Yamaha DTS receiver. No Network set up yet.

September 14, 2009, 12:36:57 PM
Reply #6

Rev Drew

• DeSpammer

I think the 3 R's apply here;

Rent, Rip, Return.
You laugh because Im different, I laugh because youre all the same.

namaste

www.supernews.com/super-special/?i=ZxJfObJynPQ=

November 13, 2010, 09:10:49 AM
Reply #7

RavRob

• DeSpammer

There are no such things as "Free" downloads that are legal.  You must pay for the movie to make it legal.  You can't even rip your own movies legally. 
Windows 7 Ultimate with SP1
WDTV Live
1.02.21 WDLXTV 0.5.1.4 (Beta)
Linksys - WUSB600N USB Adapter
DLink - Dir-655 Router
Atheros - AR8131 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller (NDIS 6.20)
XBMC - The Future of Television

April 29, 2011, 11:31:10 PM
Reply #8

jimmytazz

thanks for the legal movie downloads site. some torrent site are also offering high quality movie downloads , i use to download from there in free  ;D

December 25, 2011, 05:20:49 AM
Reply #9

volkipelo

About movies capital

Recently I registered in movies capital. Here is my honest review.I have a premium account so I can watch and download unlimited movies.I like it very much.

By registering you will have access to a movies capital. You can through a huge archive of movies on DVD for all your favorite movies search and download free for download. You can download or stream directly from the 24 / 7 Server Web site. Just select the movies you want to download and start the download immediately. There is no time limit for the movies you have downloaded. You can use these films all the time you want, or even burn them to CD or DVD and create a large collection of downloaded movies. The site provides the tools to save your movie downloads to CD or DVD, so you can play on your DVD player.

Besides a large collection of video files online, movies capital, also has a good selection of TV shows and MP3, and a user interface very impressive. The site offers online tutorials and have good instructions, and many, many free software. The online demo, you can even see exactly how to work the user interface, so you decide to be in a position to determine whether this site is for you or not.

What is Movies Capital http://tinyurl.com/849r7d4

Movie Capital is a website that you can legally download movies for a one time fee. Basicly you pay a one time fee and you have unlimited legal movie downloads (depending on the membership). Now here is the break down of the payment.
Silver 25 movies for $29.95
Gold 50 downloads for $34.95
Unlimited Unlimited downloads for $39.95

If you want to read more about movies capital and their complete features and frequently asked questions, visit movies capital  http://tinyurl.com/849r7d4

April 23, 2012, 03:30:55 PM
Reply #10

BenL

• Personal Text
    -- mkvXstream --
    • mkvXstream
Your best bet for movie downloads is to sign up for one or two content providers. Just finished up a review that compares five of them and what I found was if you sign up for 2 you can pretty much get everything you need for far less then some of the more expensive cable and satellite packages many of us pay for. Still want to keep the local channel package. This is a really inexpensive way to go while still getting a ton of content.

Here is the article in case you want to take a look: http://mkvxstream.blogspot.com/2012/04/netflix-vs-vudu-vs-hulu-plus-vs-amazon.html
Covering the Hottest Media Players on the Planet