Author Topic: DVD ISO - Play back TV Series all episodes sequentially  (Read 4221 times)

April 13, 2009, 08:37:17 AM
Read 4221 times

neoanderson2002

Hi there,

I was wondering if I can play DVD ISO's with multiple chapters sequentially (in numerous VOBs and IFOs).  I am trying to watch a TV series and only one episode plays automatically and there is no way to select the other episodes via a DVD menu or any other means.  Pressing "Skip" goes to the next video file.

I think I read that the best way is to decompress the ISO to VIDEO_TS folders.  I have not tried this so I am not sure which file to play so that all episodes are played sequentially. 

Is there any alternate way to decompressing? (as I have many ISO files).

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

-Neo

April 13, 2009, 10:02:21 AM
Reply #1

Starstream

The best thing to do is rip to individual episodes so the sequence playback for normal videos in the WDTV will kick in.

Their are a variety of ways but perhaps the easiest is to use MakeMKV to rip each episode to an MKV container which the WDTV will play (MakeMKV can rip DVD's on its own).

If that fails to work use Slysoft AnyDVD + DVD Decrypter and switch to IFO mode, you will then see a listing of the episodes along with one which is all of them in total (time wise), just rip the smaller time segments and those will be episodes. If the sequenced playback does not work with the .vob extension try renaming them to .mpg instead.

(DVD Decrypter is no longer developed so make sure you turn off auto update and you need AnyDVD to handle newer DVD protections)

Lastly there is also PCG.net which functions in the same manner as DVD Decrypter and will allow you to rip the individual episodes from the disc, also needs AnyDVD running in the background.

April 13, 2009, 11:48:40 AM
Reply #2

plwd

What do you mean by "the sequence playback for normal videos"? How can I do it?

I have ripped tv series and have separate file for each episode. How can I play them in sequence not only one?

thanks

April 13, 2009, 12:53:48 PM
Reply #3

jayallan

• Administrator

• Jay Allan Photo
If they are separate files in order on your playlist, just push play (not enter). After the first one is done it will start the next one. 

For the OP - You can use a program like DVDfab to rip them into separate VOB files. 

This involves no video conversion and no loss of quality. It is also very fast.

Name the files as episode_01.vob, episode_02.vob etc and they will play sequentially.
WDTV LIVE with current official FW > HDMI > DVDO > Sony CRT Projector 150" 16/9 screen.  Toslink audio to Yamaha DTS receiver. No Network set up yet.

April 16, 2009, 11:57:50 AM
Reply #4

neoanderson2002

Jay, thank you for your reply.  I would prefer to not have to reauthor as I have many files in this format.  I have my fingers cross for IFO support!