Author Topic: Welcome to the WDTV FORUM  (Read 36654 times)

January 01, 2009, 10:45:37 PM
Read 36654 times

jayallan

• Administrator

• Jay Allan Photo
I have created this forum to discuss the wonderful new media player from Western Digital.   This is sort of a cross over device that a lot of people are buying, but they don't really understand how to use.   We will remedy that!  The WDTV is an inexpensive media player that has a wealth of features, many of which are complicated to use when you don't understand the underlying terminology.  We will go into all the different media on this site.  Enjoy!

And, don't be afraid to ask questions!  :)
« Last Edit: April 12, 2009, 01:06:51 PM by jayallan »
WDTV LIVE with current official FW > HDMI > DVDO > Sony CRT Projector 150" 16/9 screen.  Toslink audio to Yamaha DTS receiver. No Network set up yet.

March 19, 2009, 09:22:30 AM
Reply #1

nograde1

Thanks for putting this thing together.  After researching popcorn hour and such, there doesn't seem to be anything like the wdtv for $99

March 26, 2009, 10:33:05 AM
Reply #2

andy13870

Just wanted to add my thanks for putting this forum together.

Just got my WDTV today, mainly because I was looking for a way of ripping my CD collection to a digital format that didn't mean having to have a laptop on all the time... and without breaking the bank in the process.

So far, just a couple of hours into it, seems to have been a good choice.

Look forward to sharing some experiences and tips with the rest of ya!

Andy

March 26, 2009, 04:33:41 PM
Reply #3

jayallan

• Administrator

• Jay Allan Photo
Thank you Andy13870 and Nograde1 !

It is indeed a great unit for the price.   I look forward to your contributions to our discussions.
WDTV LIVE with current official FW > HDMI > DVDO > Sony CRT Projector 150" 16/9 screen.  Toslink audio to Yamaha DTS receiver. No Network set up yet.

March 28, 2009, 01:46:31 PM
Reply #4

frankenberrie

Great site.... Excellent work... My father and I both have WDTV units and are always looking for a support community for them.  Glad I found ya.

March 29, 2009, 04:03:04 PM
Reply #5

jayallan

• Administrator

• Jay Allan Photo
Welcome Frankenberrie!

April 01, 2009, 09:28:42 AM
Reply #6

wicker_man

Hi,
I'm new around here as well, coming from the AVS forum. Will post later a link with a map from google maps that shows where are WDTV users in the world.
List is here > http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?p=16169824#post16169824
Do reply if you are from somewhere not listed there.

Thank you all!  :)

April 01, 2009, 03:27:54 PM
Reply #7

SputnikNYC

Thank you Jay .... i'm glad that we have a dedicated spot for our WDTV community!!!

April 03, 2009, 08:30:38 PM
Reply #8

RockStarInLife

• Personal Text
    Be a RockStar in Your Life!
    • Become an Internet Marketing Consultant
Thanks brother for putting this together. this forum rocks! I will make sure to let all the other forums know about it.

www.MakeTheWorldYourStage.com
Be a RockStar in Your Life,
& Make The World Your Stage!

Dr. Dan

http://OfflineRockStarAcademy.com

April 06, 2009, 11:20:31 PM
Reply #9

Marty Krofft

• Personal Text
    Download Guru
    • Zeropaid
Awesome Site! I recommend this thing to everyone I talk to...everywhere! Now its great to have a home forum to talk about how great this unit is. When this baby came out I ran out and bought one...as soon as they restocked them! These things seem to fly off the shelf. I dare say WD has one huge mega hit on their hands. All the people I know who have one are very happy with them. I have only seen one very bad review and I am pretty sure who ever wrote it must work for popcorn hour or some other competitor. The review was ridiculously bad. Said it was cheap, would not play any vids correctly and dozens of other flase claims. Must have them really worried! lol

I now have littel use for cable TV anymore. I have about 4000 movies and TV shows on 2TB of drive space, yeah, I am already bragging! I am very proud of my collection I have put together. I am sure there are others here who are too. I am really getting my Hi Def collection beefed up now. Mostly 720p though. I have a few 1080p but for me 720p is well enough. Anyways, I have rambled on about myself and bragged enough to make people hate me already but I am looking forward to talking to all the other movie buffs who enjoy their WD Media Center.

One more thing. The new Thumbnail feature. I know many, many, many people will be happy to have that! I myself have little use for it because I like to keep my unit set to the simple list mode. Makes it much faster to cycle through my collection. Time after time I saw people requesting this one feature over and over. Its good to know WD is paying close attention to the people. This is how to make a wonderful product. Keep listening to the customers and this unit will not be beat.

Movie Pimp of the internet!

April 07, 2009, 05:00:15 PM
Reply #10

Bazmondo

Thanks Jay.

Great site. Well done mate.

Baz

April 08, 2009, 09:44:45 AM
Reply #11

Jackman

The forum is great it gives the WDTV definitly an additional value, its strange that the WD guys dont advertise on this site and the two firmware sites to support their customers adn "developers" to gain more sale.

April 09, 2009, 10:28:17 AM
Reply #12

xinxan

That's the reason because I dont return my wd to the store!!...

Wonderfull place full of information and a lot of people with high knowleage giving help to others.....
Thanks to everybody!

April 12, 2009, 08:02:37 AM
Reply #13

NightHaunter

Great site! Thank you very much for putting this together. Helps a lot!

By the way, you forgot the e in welcome :)

April 12, 2009, 01:06:41 PM
Reply #14

jayallan

• Administrator

• Jay Allan Photo
Ha!  I never noticed that!