Author Topic: Welcome to the WDTV FORUM  (Read 36727 times)

July 13, 2009, 12:20:44 PM
Reply #30

mad2uk

Hi many thanks for this site just bought the wdtv today in the UK , so I will apologise now for the questions I will probably be asking the experts.

July 20, 2009, 07:18:46 AM
Reply #31

chaotic

Great site.
Thanx.

July 20, 2009, 10:09:33 AM
Reply #32

jayallan

• Administrator

• Jay Allan Photo
Thanks guys! 

Ask away! :)

WDTV LIVE with current official FW > HDMI > DVDO > Sony CRT Projector 150" 16/9 screen.  Toslink audio to Yamaha DTS receiver. No Network set up yet.

July 27, 2009, 04:27:15 PM
Reply #33

peterjohn

Thanks for thi sforum - I just installed my WDTV yesterday - still a lot to learn - have a Panasoniv FullHD Tv - so picture is really good - any early advice from experienced WDTV users ?

August 17, 2009, 10:22:22 PM
Reply #34

Foedman666

Did not expect to find a wdtv forum when i googled it congrats great site

August 18, 2009, 09:25:07 AM
Reply #35

jayallan

• Administrator

• Jay Allan Photo
Thanks for the kind words guys!  PeterJohn, a tip would be to stick with MKVs if you can on your HD stuff.
WDTV LIVE with current official FW > HDMI > DVDO > Sony CRT Projector 150" 16/9 screen.  Toslink audio to Yamaha DTS receiver. No Network set up yet.

September 22, 2009, 05:20:28 AM
Reply #36

Made_in_Michigan

Thanks for the forum.  I am trying to figure out how to hook up my Buffalo Live Station (XFS file system) so that I can stream MKV movies using the WDTV.  Is this not a supported file system?  Doesn't DVDMOD firmware update resolve this issue?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Keep up the good work.

September 22, 2009, 11:54:38 AM
Reply #37

jayallan

• Administrator

• Jay Allan Photo
Thanks for the forum.  I am trying to figure out how to hook up my Buffalo Live Station (XFS file system) so that I can stream MKV movies using the WDTV.  Is this not a supported file system?  Doesn't DVDMOD firmware update resolve this issue?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Keep up the good work.

MiM  Start a new thread on that so people will see it.

September 22, 2009, 12:16:31 PM
Reply #38

Made_in_Michigan

thanks for the suggestion.
New thread has been created in General Discussion group.  Hopefully I'll get some feedback and suggestions.

September 29, 2009, 01:41:30 AM
Reply #39

x-man

Hi Jay,

I am new to WDTV and just wanted to say many thanks for creating this forum. It rocks!!

September 29, 2009, 10:30:40 PM
Reply #40

jayallan

• Administrator

• Jay Allan Photo
Hi Jay,

I am new to WDTV and just wanted to say many thanks for creating this forum. It rocks!!

You bet!  Enjoy the world of streaming video!  :)

November 09, 2009, 03:25:46 AM
Reply #41

erdi85

I am new here since i just bought an WDTV and wanted to say hi to all. ;D cheers

November 09, 2009, 11:44:02 AM
Reply #42

jayallan

• Administrator

• Jay Allan Photo
Welcome to the wild west world of WDTV  ;D

November 12, 2009, 02:43:20 PM
Reply #43

ispkmyk

Hi Everyone

I am big fan of this device .. using personally along side with NetGear and PCH .. and almost all my friend circle using WDTV only (people blame me that I am working under cover sales agent for WDTV  :-*)...

but still I have only one issue that is DVD - Menu ... as we are from Asia and and our film based on good songs and to watch song from hindi movies u have to have a DVD menu other wise .. search/FF and watched desired songs..

I love to see DVD Menu option in WD TV .. don't know when some from WD is going to full fill our most demanded feature request!!!

Long Live WDTV Team .. (especially after providing DVD/ISO Menu navigation)  ;D ;D ;D

December 10, 2009, 08:28:46 AM
Reply #44

Staberinde

I have created this forum to discuss the wonderful new media player from Western Digital. 
Hi Jay, thanks for taking the time to create these forums. I usually find 'official' forums can be a bit cagey about the info they give out and a lot of the time, while the staff are hard working, they are usually undermanned.

I'm glad I've found this place, already I've picked up a load of helpful info just by casual browsing.

Also, I can see you're an Avatar fan, same here, cant wait to see it :)