Author Topic: Welcome to the WDTV FORUM  (Read 22652 times)

April 15, 2009, 10:36:14 AM
Reply #15

Bigorf

This forum is my first port of call for updates, and info etc for my WD TV.

Thanks

April 16, 2009, 06:59:13 PM
Reply #16

EugenioVideo

Hi , Im new to this forum.
I must say that I found a lot of interesting and useful things in it.
Im using WDTV media player from december mostly to play back HDV video with outstanding results. In fact I replaced a dedicated PC (U$S900 value) in my Video Room, with a significant improvement of performance and quality. I love this product.
I have it connected to an  HD projector in a dedicated room.
Again : Thanks for the idea of forming this forum.

April 16, 2009, 09:42:57 PM
Reply #17

jayallan

• Administrator

• Jay Allan Photo
Your welcome guys!  I am pleased that so many people are getting a lot out of this forum.  I know I have leaned a lot myself :)
WDTV LIVE with current official FW > HDMI > DVDO > Sony CRT Projector 150" 16/9 screen.  Toslink audio to Yamaha DTS receiver. No Network set up yet.

April 19, 2009, 11:36:38 AM
Reply #18

Greg Aubry

Hello, everybody. I am Greg from the Detroit area, and I just got my WDTV last week. Quite simply, I love it. Western Digital is first to market with a HTPC killer, and having bought this thing, I'm really glad that I didn't go through the expense and trouble of putting together a home theatre PC.

I get the impression that I use the device a little bit differently from a lot of folks here, in that I prefer to use a simple flash drive instead of a dedicated USB hard drive to store my files. Anime files-- specifically 720p MKV files-- are my poison. I support the domestic American companies by buying licensed DVDs on these shores, and enjoy the new stuff as it comes off of Japanese TV via the fansubbing groups. Even on a simple budget Olevia 37" TV (which is actually "768p" rather than 720/1080p), files look great. (I'll buy a huge Samsung LED TV when I'm independently wealthy.)

Now that I have this thing, I want Hollywood to catch up and offer us the opportunity to buy DRM-free 720/768/1080p movies and TV shows in high-bitrate MKV format.

April 20, 2009, 08:31:49 PM
Reply #19

PCKid

Your welcome guys!  I am pleased that so many people are getting a lot out of this forum.  I know I have leaned a lot myself :)

Yeah that usually happens after a few beers  ;D

April 20, 2009, 09:17:18 PM
Reply #20

jayallan

• Administrator

• Jay Allan Photo

Yeah that usually happens after a few beers  ;D

Funny you should mention that ...  ;D
WDTV LIVE with current official FW > HDMI > DVDO > Sony CRT Projector 150" 16/9 screen.  Toslink audio to Yamaha DTS receiver. No Network set up yet.

April 29, 2009, 07:27:48 AM
Reply #21

Avijeet

• Personal Text
    WHY SO SERIOUS ?
Hi All,

This is Avijeet... another HD Freak
Just ordered WDTV & 500 GB Passport...
Will get it in 2 days.....

Looking forward for a strong association with EDTVForum

Regards,
Avijeet
LG PLASMA 50" QP30,
SAMSUNG 29" 100Hz Z40,
WDTV, 500GB PASSPORT, 500GB Free Agent
Nintendo Wii, Nintendo DS, PSP
Xtreamer
Planning for PS3 lite.

May 08, 2009, 05:53:06 AM
Reply #22

Razvy

• Personal Text
    Love to ride !
Hi Guys!

I am from Romania and i wanna thank you for letting me join this group. Also i wanna congratulate WD for this great player at low money. I wanna salute the help we receive for using the media center through this forum, and the posibility to be heard by someone who listen. I had Popcorn Hour A110 and Tvix 6500 , double and triple priced than WD , i sold them and bouth this unit. I hope to be able to help at the improvement of WD functionality by posting, bugs, needs, oppinons. Thank you!

May 09, 2009, 05:17:32 AM
Reply #23

Avijeet

• Personal Text
    WHY SO SERIOUS ?
@ Razvy

Welcome aboard bro....

Yes WDTV rocks.....  i bought it for Rs.7200/- ($140).. much higher than it's actual price...
but after using it i feel Its worth every penny...

Hope WDTV will give u a good ride...

cheers bro....

LG PLASMA 50" QP30,
SAMSUNG 29" 100Hz Z40,
Xtreamer
Planning for PS3 lite.

May 09, 2009, 11:09:19 AM
Reply #24

Razvy

• Personal Text
    Love to ride !
Avijeet - Thank you for the warm wellcome, in Romania i paid for it 110 EUR, that's the lower price for WD, but comparing to Popcorn Hour witch is 240EUR, and Tvix 6500 - 340 EUR, the WD it's awsome , i mean comparing price/quality. I agree that bouth tvix and popcorn are a little more advanced than WD ( DTS decoding, LAN, autorun, lcd display) but i don't need them, that's why WD fits perfectly. I am a stereophile guy, i use a CEC 330 stereo amplifier, two Triangle standfloor speakers, and a Harman Kardon DAC. I output the sound from WD in my DAC trough optical output , and after that on amplifier. I will open the WD soon to see if i can improve the digital output quality, and if i'll succed i'll tell you what i had done. Music it's the only thing i am using this media center, i rip my cd collection, and listen them hours and hours without getting bored ( 12 tracks on a cd - sucks) :D
Cheers bro .... !

May 09, 2009, 09:51:35 PM
Reply #25

Avijeet

• Personal Text
    WHY SO SERIOUS ?
LG PLASMA 50" QP30,
SAMSUNG 29" 100Hz Z40,
Xtreamer
Planning for PS3 lite.

June 01, 2009, 05:57:16 AM
Reply #26

Papalapa

Thanks a lot for the site.

There's a lot of useful information inside.

June 16, 2009, 10:11:27 AM
Reply #27

rlarson_mn

Just joined this group. I have two 1tb MyBook drives and the WD TV HD unit. The unit is attached to my Sanyo 42" HDTV with a HDMI cable. Currently have the 08 beta version running on my unit. I have all of my movies in VOB format (a single file).

June 16, 2009, 12:26:04 PM
Reply #28

jayallan

• Administrator

• Jay Allan Photo
Welcome guys!   

There is a LOT of information here!  Enjoy your new players.  :)

Jay

July 07, 2009, 10:23:19 AM
Reply #29

Michael

Just wanted to say hello and thanks for creating the site.

The WDTV is a wonderful product and a great way to play the 700 plus movies and 72,000 plus songs on the external.
WDTV using 1.02.10 official firmware through Sony television and surround sound.