Author Topic: Really need help with NFS mount!!! DNS323-ffp-unfs-trendnet-wdlxtv  (Read 3052 times)

September 01, 2009, 07:58:17 AM
Read 3052 times

acomp917

Hello all,

I posted two times yesterday. I have exhausted my abilities. Please take a look at the post "Simplton needs help" from yesterday. I first had no NFS mount, then I got it to mount (had two folders on USB1, the stick and the mount folder ((both had same appearance))), then the USB folder changed appearance(to a forked pic), now I dont show a NFS mount and the forked icon is back to normal.

I only changed net.mounts and net.config files. My latest "net" files have been copied from the zip and edited with notepad++, thought I might have corruption.

At best the video files showed, the music folder showed empty, and the DDwrt54 router never showed an active client with the IP of the WDTV. I have used both DHCP (DHCP client did show) and static. I can Telnet without fail. I can mount the export from Ubuntu. I have checked the USB net adapter with XP machine (works good).

In my post yesterday, I stated that I made the share RW... that was the samba share. I forgot the Dlink nas shares are NOT NFS.

My "showmounts -e 192.168.1.150" show the root of the drive. I have mounted the root, the sub root/STEVE, the sub root/STEVE/WDTV, ALL to the share name WDTV. All structure appears as it should. When they do show... the symptoms are ALWAYS the same. video-needs converted to correct format (for AVI, MKV, MP4, ect.) and music-empty.

Please help, I don't think I have missed anything I know. I OBVIOUSLY don't know something I should.

I did read someone had to use a PW to get their system to work. I do not know how to add a PW to the unfs daemon on the DNS-323 or I would try that.

Steve
Ext3-boot, 1.03.10fix, TU2-ET100, DNS-323nas-NFS is DISABLED, CIFS only for now. Webserver addon 0.2
Ubuntu/Win, WIFI-Laptop (Ubuntu theme on everything)

September 02, 2009, 05:46:41 PM
Reply #1

acomp917

FYI Everyone,

I figured out what was causing the NFS problems. I thought I bricked both WDTVs changing them to ext3, and in the process of learning I happened to read Zoranders net.config comments about JUMBO MTU packets. He stated that if ALL are not compatable "it will break NFS". I had them both set to 9000 and had exactly the same problems with both WDLXTV and ext3. I turned off jumbo packets and EVERYTHING works GOOD!

Steve
Ext3-boot, 1.03.10fix, TU2-ET100, DNS-323nas-NFS is DISABLED, CIFS only for now. Webserver addon 0.2
Ubuntu/Win, WIFI-Laptop (Ubuntu theme on everything)