Author Topic: NFS mount problem. Simplton needs HELP!  (Read 3633 times)

August 31, 2009, 10:00:50 AM
Read 3633 times

acomp917

I hope I posted this correctly.

Hello All,

I'm new to most of this unix stuff, and have searched until I'm blind in order to figure out what I'm doing wrong. THIS IS GONNA BE A MESS. Please read through it and offer any help that you can.

I'm using WDLXTV 5.6.2 firmware. I'm using Tu2-et100 wired net adapter with static address 192.168.1.151, My NAS DNS-323 is static 192.168.1.150. I'm using FFP with NFS on the NAS. I can telnet into the WDTV and I can mount the exported NFS shares using Ubuntu. The Ubuntu terminal command is as follows:

sudo mount -t nfs 192.168.1.150:/mnt/HD_a2/STEVE /home/steve/Desktop/NFSfiles

I have a folder "NFSfiles" on the desktop that opens to reveal the exported contents.
-----------------------------------------------

Back to the WDTV,
There is a RO directory inside STEVE called WDTV. It has only vid and music. I would like to mount that as WDTV. I created a directory called WDTV on the USB stick. (I dont know what "addMounts" are. OR How to use/notuse them.)
My net.config:

#
# Network configuration file

#You can override the hostname here:
HOST=wdtv

# if you do not set a hostname,a random one is assigned.

# attempt to set jumbo frames
MTU=9000

#
# Dynamic IP Configuration:
#DHCP=yes

#
# Static IP Configuration:  (only if not DHCP)
DHCP=no
IP=192.168.1.151
GW=192.168.1.1
NM=255.255.255.0
DNS1=192.168.1.1
#DNS2=205.171.3.65

#
# Optional: 

#specify time server host
#NTP=pool.ntp.org

#specify timezone (example=pacific North America)
#TZ=PST8PDT

#do not load any network drivers (saves memory)
#SUPPRESS_OTHERS=yes
My net.mounts

#
# Example net.mounts file to demonstrate auto-mounting
# of network shares
#
# note: that if you store a net.mounts file in /conf/ then it will ALSO
# execute on startup.
#

# Mount a windows file share (must be done by IP address)
#xmount //192.168.0.33/ShareName ShareName cifs

#  if your "guest" account is disabled, you must supply username and password
#xmount //192.168.0.34/ShareName ShareName cifs user=username,pass=password

# Mount an NFS share
xmount 192.168.1.150:/mnt/HD_a2/STEVE/WDTV WDTV nfs
-------------------------------------------------

I have the log-saver.app.bin (I'm NOT smart enough to figure out what is going on) and the latest nfs.app.bin on the root of the stick, along with other basic requirements.

I did put bad net.mounts and net.config in a directory called "conf" on the USB stick, I have since moved them back to the root. I think they were written to the internal memory. I can telnet into the WDTV, where wound these be located? and what are the commands to get rid of them? I only know how to use ls, and cd / commands. I think I found them in the /tmp directory. I login as root, then type cd /tmp, then type ls. I see two green listings with the correct names. I'm using putty.

Does it matter which USB connectors have the stick and network adapters in them?

Since I can't seem to mount the shares using the net.mounts file, could someone give me a telnet command? That might give me some feedback as to what is going on. I tried...

When I enter:
xmount 192.168.1.150:/mnt/HD_a2/STEVE/WDTV WDTV nfs

I Get:
cat: can't open '/tmp/.addMounts': No such file or directory

Any and ALL help will be appreciated
Thanks in advance,
Steve
Ext3-boot, 1.03.10fix, TU2-ET100, DNS-323nas-NFS is DISABLED, CIFS only for now. Webserver addon 0.2
Ubuntu/Win, WIFI-Laptop (Ubuntu theme on everything)

August 31, 2009, 10:18:26 AM
Reply #1

sacii

I'm not positive, but I think based on your sucessful Ubuntu mount statement, your xmount statement should be this:

xmount 192.168.1.150:/mnt/HD_a2/STEVE WDTV nfs

August 31, 2009, 10:29:16 AM
Reply #2

acomp917

Thanks for the reply,

I tried it as you said and had no luck. I also ran that command from telnet and get the same "can't find addMount" returned.

Steve
Ext3-boot, 1.03.10fix, TU2-ET100, DNS-323nas-NFS is DISABLED, CIFS only for now. Webserver addon 0.2

August 31, 2009, 12:53:38 PM
Reply #3

acomp917

Update,

I made the NFS share RW, deleted and made a new mount drive on the USB stick. Now I can see the share in the menu, but all attempts to play a movie state that they must be converted to a supported format. These movies have been played on the WDTV already. Can anyone help with the new problem?

I will search for the new answers.

Steve