Author Topic: ** Feature Requests Thread (Wish List) **  (Read 5260 times)

April 15, 2009, 07:41:46 AM
Reply #15

klabauta

I'd appreciate a better folder navigation.
All folders of all devices attached should be shown in one menu.

Also, im missing (haven't found it?) continous playback. I can repeat movies, but my wdtv doesn't jump the next movie listed.

April 15, 2009, 12:02:37 PM
Reply #16

ChaseDavis

I would love to see a shuffle mode - hit play and then let it go

April 15, 2009, 04:44:41 PM
Reply #17

berkut

Subtitle color selector and power management for External HDD for the next Firmware pls ! :)

April 16, 2009, 12:02:57 PM
Reply #18

neoanderson2002

I've just had mine a few days but the most glaring thing is the inability to search i.e. you can't jump to a point say 15 minutes into a
film. I don't see any technical reason why it can't be implemented and it is useful.

I second this request.  Maybe press right to jump 5 min forward (left for 5 min back)and up to jump 10 min forward (down for 10 min back).

Thank you for your consideration.  This feature + DVD ISO Menu support would be greatly appreciated!

April 16, 2009, 12:43:10 PM
Reply #19

Well99

Also, im missing (haven't found it?) continous playback. I can repeat movies, but my wdtv doesn't jump the next movie listed.

There seem to be two repeat methods.  If you hit play when selecting a movie instead of OK... it will play that movie and play the next in the folder, and cycle around in a circle.  (This might be based on the settings in your video play back... I have repeat all or something set)

Also you can use the option menu to select repeat this file or repeat all files or no repeat.

I've just had mine a few days but the most glaring thing is the inability to search i.e. you can't jump to a point say 15 minutes into a
film. I don't see any technical reason why it can't be implemented and it is useful.

I second this request.  Maybe press right to jump 5 min forward (left for 5 min back)and up to jump 10 min forward (down for 10 min back).

Thank you for your consideration.  This feature + DVD ISO Menu support would be greatly appreciated!

This is how I jump to places in a movie.  Its not really nicely setup, but...
If you go to scan forward >> and then you hit the >>| jump forward it jumps in 10 min increments.  Or in 5 min increments if the movie is less than 10 min long.  However, if you are at the end of the movie it should still jump to the next movie in line.

April 16, 2009, 02:52:43 PM
Reply #20

roan98dk

I agree with neoanderson2002 with regards to the ability to use the up/down and left/right to skip in movies. Unless inside the options menu these buttons currently have no effect in the movie so they might as well be used for skipping. As suggested by neoanderson2002 it would be nice to select between different increments.

Another solution would be to have a setting in the setup to specify default skip increment e.g. 5, 10, 15, 20 min. etc.

I tested the method mentioned by Well99 and it works great however I too find this method somewhat illogical. I didn't even know that the method existed and I've tried a lot of different button combos.

Besides from above I would appreciate further settings in setup:

• Set font size for list modes (and perhaps type and color).
  • Instead of just disabling display of file sizes an option to display duration of both music and movies would be nice (cached once indexed of course).
  • As others have mentioned an option to shutdown wdtv and especially also usb devices. I have a WD USB HDD and it disappoints me that is does not turn off at any point.
  • If only one usb device is attached skip device selection during folder selection.

April 17, 2009, 12:57:43 PM
Reply #21

Bazmondo

Heres one more

A password protect on files so that my kids dont end up watching Final Destination etc.....

Baz

April 17, 2009, 04:44:13 PM
Reply #22

jayallan

• Administrator

• Jay Allan Photo
I am closing this thread as it is too vague.  Please post separate threads in the FEATURE REQUESTS area!

If you wish to follow up on any posts made here, please start a new topic in the Feature request area as well.

Jay
WDTV LIVE with current official FW > HDMI > DVDO > Sony CRT Projector 150" 16/9 screen.  Toslink audio to Yamaha DTS receiver. No Network set up yet.