Author Topic: HDMI not recognized on Samsung LCD  (Read 14945 times)

August 18, 2009, 03:27:07 PM
Read 14945 times

bobbyt

I recently purchased a SAMSUNG LCD Series 7.  The new WDTV I just bought will only work in Composite.  My TV will not recognize the HDMI from WDTV.  I even went and exchanged it at Best Buy to see if it was the device.  Can anyone help?  I've tried to hook it up with composite cables, change the settings to HDMI, and the screen goes blank for a few seconds.  Then, it returns back to composite mode.  My TV never recognizes a signal on the HDMI channels.  I've read a lot of other reviews, and some Samsungs have had issues, but others have not.  Does anyone else with a Samsung Series 7 (the red border) LCD have this issue?  Can it be resolved?  I've even tried selecting every HDMI output setting on the WDTV (720px60Hz, 1080i, etc) and none are recognized.

Please help and thank you.

August 18, 2009, 05:13:47 PM
Reply #1

ponap4

I have a Samsung 6 series and it has no problem. Was it working with your previous display ? maybe the cable itself is the problem, not the devices, remember there are now 4 different protocols out there.

August 18, 2009, 05:17:04 PM
Reply #2

bobbyt

Thanks for the help.

I figured it out after much frustration.  Apparently, the HDMI cord I used for my PS3, which works just fine, was not working with the WDTV.  I used a spare cord I had (an expensive Phillips one), and it worked.

Still confused, but grateful it works.

Thank you.  I hope this helps anyone else who has a difficult time getting their tv to recognize HDMI from the WDTV.  Try using a different HDMI cable.

October 22, 2009, 11:25:38 PM
Reply #3

Live

Thanks. Thats just saved me some anguish.
I plugged a mates HDMI cable into my LG HD TV and exactly the same problem. Guess what...it was the HDMI cable from his PS3!

October 24, 2009, 02:50:54 PM
Reply #4

Hughes82

Ditto. It works great on my 32" Sony Bravia with the cheapest HDMI cable, but not on my buddy's 42" Sharp Aquos. I was ranting and raving about my WDTV Live and he hasn't seen it in action yet.

I'll give it a try with a few different cables...Thanks

Here's a sweet deal on some HDMI cables for anyone interested. They won't ship to Canada, but any American residents are free to try this deal out:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B000E8OVMQ/ref=ord_cart_shr?_encoding=UTF8&m=A2NK89850H0GO2&v=glance

November 12, 2009, 11:00:53 PM
Reply #5

nishantgandhi

So what correct specification of HDMI cable to buy? I am also facing the same problem (I guess) with my WDTV+LG 32 LCD.

November 13, 2009, 04:25:12 PM
Reply #6

Rusky_G

Hi Guys

The HDMI port on the WDTV is quite fussy about how deep the input connector is on the end of the cable - basically some cables don't reach far enough in to seal the connection - as such the TV doesn't detect anything the other end.

I had this problem with my Panasonic plasma and was on the verge of returning my WDTV when I read somewhere what I described above - tried a different cable and problem solved :)

July 12, 2010, 01:21:01 AM
Reply #7

roj37

July 20, 2010, 07:41:37 AM
Reply #8

samsung_lover

i love samsung lcd i buy Samsung LE40C580 ., i watch its all day
thank for detail.

August 18, 2010, 07:58:54 PM
Reply #9

candyjob34

My parents purchased a Samsung LCD Series 6 last year and we are happy with it! It reduces blur so every scene is full of sharp images. I don't have any complaint with the color resolution too.

LCD HDTV 
« Last Edit: September 02, 2010, 04:27:57 PM by candyjob34 »

October 01, 2010, 01:42:43 PM
Reply #10

Sincere

Please can someone help me with this too.. my rolem seems to be almost the same.. I've just purchased a new Samsung 1080p LCD and a WDTV Live to go along with it. It seems to work with the composite, but when I plug the HDMI cable in the tv recognises its there but says there is no signal and to check the power supply of the device or the source. Now I also tried the WDTV Live one my Sony LCD but it doesn't pick up either.

The reason I am really baffled though is the HDMI cable is from my brothers Gen 1 WDTV which works fine on the Sony tv, so there can't be a problem with the cable can, or is it because its a newer device?