Author Topic: [APP] Webserver Addons version 0.2 (Old version)  (Read 152859 times)

August 20, 2009, 10:36:06 AM
Reply #105

Ernis

Quick Q: Redindian, in your description in the 1st post - What does it mean that you can "import TViXiE templates"? How do I do that?

The reason I ask is that I think LaurentGs movie sheets are tvixie sheets - only that the tvix.jpg file that holds the sheet is renamed to wd_tv.jpg. For movies I now use your movie info to generate the movie sheets, but for tv shows I use "movie gui builder" which was designed to build tvix sheets. By using the name wd_tv.jpg instead of the default tvix.jpg these sheets work with LaurentGs mod. What I am trying to get at is to do away with the need for LGs mod and only use yours, by finding a way to regenerate my tv show sheets into your format.

August 20, 2009, 01:13:53 PM
Reply #106

Ernis

Thanks for the advice re webcontrol. You were right, it was a timing issue. I changed the configuration setting "pause move" from 1000 to 2000. Now it seems to work every time. So cool!!!

August 20, 2009, 02:12:19 PM
Reply #107

Dalton76

Hi i relly need help to get Webserver Addons version 0.2 work with osdmod 0.5 and appletrailer, I dont understand how to install it. I have ext3-boot-0.9.2 on the root of the usb afer that i install  Webserver Addons version 0.2 full and appletrailer and osdmod 0.5, The problem is i install everyone on the root but there is a file in webserver,osdmod 0.5 and appletrailers (event-osd.app.bin) witch one do i need to keep it want to overwrite this file everytime, please help me i dont understand.

Tested compatibility with other mods:

- Apple Trailers v0.3.2-beta
- LaurentG v1.3.2
- MSheet
- osdMod 0.5 (disable its app.event to use movie/music info) how do i do that ?
- Lilibabe 2009.08.14
- ThumbCache v.0.2

August 20, 2009, 11:39:57 PM
Reply #108

redindian

• True Font Family - Any font, any website, any browser
@IcedEarth: Good you've found the problem. I don't know why it is giving you problems.

@Ernis: Good to hear that solved the problem. Next version will have screen saver detection so it should be a bit more reponsive.

The templates are converted using a php script. It is not yet very user friendly.

You need to do the following:

1. Put the template files inside the movie/templates/ for instance /movie/templates/my-template/
2. Then call the url http://wdtv/osd/movie/convert-tvix.php?template=my-template
3. Now it should create the template file wdtv.xml inside the dir
4. Then you need to modify the movie.ini to add 'my-template'
5. Run the movie info script again so it will update the design using the template

@Dalton76: you may run into the maximum amount of app.bin files. just put everything on a usb pen drive/stick and disable webserver-addons.app.event (just rename to .app.event-off).

Then it should work. If not, try removing other app.bin files. There is a maximum of 8 on zorander's ext3-boot I think.

August 21, 2009, 12:03:42 AM
Reply #109

Dalton76

Thanks i will try, but witch file do i i need to keep (event-osd.app.bin)? is in every apps appletrailer osdmod and webserverapp what do this file do?

August 21, 2009, 12:39:40 AM
Reply #110

redindian

@Dalton76: You always need event-osd.app.bin. So then only add osdMod.app.bin, webserver.app.bin and webserver-addons.app.bin which are required for the addons. And make sure you rename webserver-addons.app.event to webserver-addons.app.event-off. Then try. If it works, keep adding other app.bin files.

August 21, 2009, 11:35:48 AM
Reply #111

ichalex

Hey there.. first: Awesome App! Thank you redindian!

but, movie info it doesnt work for me

movie info: Do i need to put every, e.g. mkv file in an extra folder? How is it with the name of that folder? is Gran.Torino ok for the app to find the info? also with e.g. volver, it finds infos and images and puts them in the volver folder along with volver.mkv. but the WDTV doesnt show the info templatesan such. nothing changed.

August 22, 2009, 03:24:19 AM
Reply #112

redindian

Yes, all files need to be in a separate folder. Any name is fine, see the /test/ examples. When it finds the info, can you open it using webcontrol? It should create a folder .wdtv which contains all the images and xml files. If it doesn't open while the files are there, then probably event-osd is not working. Try rebooting. Happends now and then here too.

August 22, 2009, 08:53:03 AM
Reply #113

BMD_Online

Using version 0.2, having Lilibabe OSD, LaurentG addons, and more.

When navigating through web interface, some images are missing.
For example, http://192.168.0.249/osdImages/settings_system_browser_list_btn_n.png gives me a blank picture.

Edit : I have blank picture for weather background and for clock baground on my TV too.

August 22, 2009, 10:52:06 PM
Reply #114

redindian

Yeah, the lilibabe is missing some images, some are just white/blank. You can now specify another background image in the config, or none. See post for suggestion of a background image.

August 23, 2009, 08:33:03 AM
Reply #115

vainucleo

great!!!
a question: since u've optimized it for mobile phones and since u've assembled an mp3 player so that i can play music directly on my pc/phone, can u do the same for video files so that i can watch movies directly on my great Omnia HD launching them directly from the browser? tnx in advance

August 23, 2009, 08:54:04 AM
Reply #116

redindian

You can already start movies from the browser using your mobile.
You can also already watch movies on your pc using vlc.

I have no idea what video formats or protocols the Omnia HD can handle, or stream, or what players are available. But if you tell me I'll check if and how you can play them. ;-)

August 23, 2009, 09:02:20 AM
Reply #117

vainucleo

it easily plays every popular format, like avi, divx, mkv, mpg ecc.
But i don't want to only start movies from my mobile phone, i want to watch them on it!!! ;)

August 23, 2009, 06:45:55 PM
Reply #118

sgr

Code: [Select]
The directory /tmp/media/usb/USB1/E220CA7E20CA5965/ is not writable. It will not be possible to write images and information files.
i connected a usb drive i am getting this error message not getting on my cifs share what shud i do redindian?
WD TV
USB Hub - DLINK HUB-H7 -http://www.dlink.com/products/?pid=149
Cisco SD2005 Gigabit Switch - http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps10008/index.html
Iomega Home Media Network Storage - http://go.iomega.com/en/products/network-storage-desktop/home-network-hard-drives/home-media/?partner=4750

August 23, 2009, 07:43:38 PM
Reply #119

Dartagnan

Change the path to /tmp/media/usb/USB1/.E220CA7E20CA5965/

Notice the dot before the E22.