Author Topic: [APP] Webserver Addons version 0.2 (Old version)  (Read 145704 times)

August 05, 2009, 02:11:35 AM
Read 145704 times

redindian

• True Font Family - Any font, any website, any browser
Version 0.3

See this thread:

NEW VERSION RELEASED! CLICK HERE!

Version 0.2

Fixed:

- Fixed bug with newer event-osd.
- Fixed bug where disabling RSS would reset device.
- Fixed bug with 'notices' when getting thumbs from Movieposter DB.

New:

- New addon for fully customizable clock and date.
- RSS now has scalable custom background image option.
- Weather now has scalable custom background image option.
- Weather can display current conditions (requested).
- Webcontrol has new movie/music info button.
- Webcontrol can recursively create playlists to play media on your laptop with vlc/videolan.
- Webcontrol support for list/thumb browsing and media library.
- Webcontrol has auto detect for USB port.
- Remount has auto detect for USB port.
- Thumbs, movie and music info detect if folders are writable.
- Thumbs, movie and music info list empty directories to allow writable ntfs.
- Wallpaper auto-detects ext-boot/WDLXTV.
- Wallpaper auto-detects lilibabe (welcome_background.png).
- New test folder for quick preview of movie info.

Tested compatibility with other mods:

- Apple Trailers v0.3.2-beta
- LaurentG v1.3.2
- MSheet
- osdMod 0.5 (disable its app.event to use movie/music info)
- Lilibabe 2009.08.14
- ThumbCache v.0.2

Remarks:

- Install full on FAT16/32 formatted pen drive/usb stick and then add other app.bin files.
- Some images might not be available with osd mods, so the web user interface (UI) might look a bit off.

DOWNLOAD

Download this version if you have no idea what optware is and have no opt.bin file on your pen drive.

Download full version 0.2 with optware (42MB)

Download this version if you already have optware. You can also use this version if you are not planning on using the movie/music info addons. If you have optware and want to use the clock and movie/music info addons you need to install php-gd to resize images.

Download version 0.2 (20MB)

INCLUDED

- Disc0's webserver version 0.6.140 with latest online update (Web server)
- Elmarweber's event-osd version r162 (UI modification)
- Elmarweber's eiri version r189 (Webcontrol/Remote)
- Wallpapers, 24 in HD 720p resolution (1280x720)
- Test directory for movie info

Version 0.1

Here it is finally. My webserver addons application pack. There comes a time in a developers life when you have to quit and just release it. Let's start with some warnings and then get to the good stuff. :-)

DISCLAIMER

I take no responsibility whatsoever! I've tested it thoroughly, but cannot guarantee anything. But since it is addon software and you can always reflash your device, things should be pretty safe. Tested on Zorander ext-boot 0.9.2 and on B-rad's WDLXTV too (see remarks below).

COPYRIGHT

Feel free to modify and copy this code. But if you do please mention where you got it. And if anyone want to adjust this (or parts of it) for a commercial product (on other platforms) please contact me first. There are some modules/plugins from other developers. Respect those copyrights too. And off course credits go to all developers here who have made these things possible!

WHAT IS IT

This package contains 11 addons which are all configurable through a web interface. Some are webapplications and others modify the user interface (UI). Any addon can be disabled. Most addons require an Internet conncetion so be sure you have a USB network adapter.

REQUIREMENTS

- Modified firmware like B-Rad's WDLXTV or Zorander's ext3-boot to mount app.bin packages
- Network adapter
- Disc0's webserver (included, with latest update)

KNOWN LIMITATIONS

- If the home screen is not correctly updated, go to stand by and back
- Requires event-osd version r111 (included), other versions were unstable here, please report.
- Sometimes event-osd cannot determine path, reboot to fix (seen this with more mods, maybe minor event-osd bug)

THE ADDONS

WEBCONTROL

Browse through your media and start music and video files with your Plasma/LCD TV/projector turned off.

Features:

• Movie/music path presets
  • Full cover/album art
  • Support for m3u files
  • Stream music from your WDTV to your webbrowser (requires Flash)
  • Includes plugin with iPod like interface
  • Includes plugin with Coverflow like interface
  • Optimized for mobile phones
  • Full XHTM/CSS for easy modification

Description:

Webcontrol is a web based remote control application for the WDTV, where you can browse your music (or movies) and start them from your computer. Especially useful if you're using your WDTV to play music in your living room, but don't want to get up to start a new cd.

Browse music:

Click playable files to play:

Wait for the magic to happen:

Once the file is playing you can use the controls to pause, skip, forward, etc.

For music you also get a nice mp3 player that can popup to listen to music from your WDTV on your computer:

And for those who like to touch, an iPod with coverflow and touch interface:

Or some people might prefer drag and slide coverflow:

And for movies:

Here is a full preview example of browsing and both ipod and coverflow in a popup:

And a very simple search:

Optimized for mobile devices:

REMOTE

Virtual remote control with keyboard support.

Features:

• Keyboard support
  • Optimized for mobile phones
  • Full XHTM/CSS for easy modification

It's optimized for mobile devices so the page does not need to reload if you press a button. If you open it up on your touchscreen phone you have the actual remote to work with.

LG Renoir in my hand, Firefox with remote web app in the back:

MOVIE INFO

Scraper for TheMovieDB with cover art and fullscreen backdrops. Uses event-osd to dynamically modify the UI to display movie information like title, description, genre, duration, rating, etc.

Features:

• Support for fullscreen backdrops
  • Supports templates, 11 templates included
  • Templates may support list or thumb browsing mode
  • Import TViXiE templates

Remarks:

- Use the web interface to browse to your movies and click the 'play' or 'process' button
- It will now create all info in a hidden directory .wdtv
- When it is finished it will display the movie info on screen
- To remove all info use the 'delete' button on the right

Screenshots:

Default template

Included CHGROS template

MUSIC INFO

Scraper for Last.fm with album art and fullscreen backdrops. Uses event-osd to dynamically modify the UI to display either artist or album information.

Remarks:

- This will only work when both Video and Music are in list mode!
- You may have to trigger event-osd by browsing to a movie first after a reboot
- Use the web interface to browse to your movies and click the 'play' or 'process' button
- It will now create all info in a hidden directory .wdtv
- When it is finished it will display the movie info on screen
- To remove all info use the 'delete' button on the right.

Screenshots:

WALLPAPER

Choose a wallpaper through a webinterface. Upload new wallpapers are choose from a selection. Wallpapers can be stored anywhere and even downloaded from the web.

Features:

• Upload new wallpapers from your browser
  • Browse by thumbnails
  • Set an URL in the config to downloaded it to the WDTV

Remarks:

- Move up/down on home screen or navigate to see new wallpaper.
- Creating thumbnails is hard on the WDTV. Give it some time.
- You need to upload wallpapers in 720p HD format (1280x720).
- The WDTV can only handle files < 300KB.
- Lilibabe mod requires reboot to activate new wallpaper (will investigate bug).

Screenshot:

CLOCK

Show a fully customizable analogue clock with date. Clock code and images from external sources. See copyrights.

Features:

• Different styles and fully customizable
  • Use clock only, date only or both
  • Has optional scalable custom background image
  • Date supports PHP format, for info see: http://www.php.net/date

Remarks:

- The clock is updated when you move up/down on home screen, or visit home screen from other pages.
- Since the screensaver kicks in after 5 minutes, when you return it is up to date.
- Clock starts very simple PHP script every minute, no performance problems expected.
- Just disable clock if you have any problems with this.
- Date is only updated on reboot (bug, will be fixed, just thought of this)

RSS

Add one or more RSS feeds to the home screen. With customizable style and position.

Features

• Multiple RSS feeds, seperate with the | character
  • Any RSS encodings, also with mixed RSS feeds, tested with Dutch and Greek :-)
  • Optimized code to detect article titles of almost any feed
  • Feed has optional background image

WEATHER

Add one or more days weather forecast to the home screen. With customizable style and position.

Remarks:

- Check wunderground website first for the location closest to you.
- Add optional country code like 'Amsterdam, NL' when there are more names for your city.
- With Lilibabe using '/osd/image/video_control_frame_bg.png' gives interesting results.

THUMBNAILS

Scraper for several movie and music sites to download cover and album art straight to your harddisk or network share. These images are then displayed as thumbnails on the WDTV.

OPTWARE

See what optware is installed. Easily search through optware using multiple terms. Install packages and uninstall them again. All through a web interface.

Screenshot:

REMOUNT

Remounter allows you to remount up to 4 sub directories or nested shares that will show up before anything else when browsing.

So now Videos opens and shows:

- 1 Movies
- 2 Series
- 3 HDTV
- 4 Music
- USB Harddisk/Pendrive
- Other LAN mounts

Also includes an experimental magic mount which lets you mount one single share to the home screen menu options video, music and photos. For instance choose music and see the music instantly. Compatible with normal remount so you can for example mount music and photos as a single share but keep multiple directories/shares when you choose video.

Remarks:

- Magic mount will only work when video, music and photos are all in list mode.
- When you enable it (disabled by default) your modes are reconfigured to list.

DOWNLOAD

Download this version if you have no idea what optware is and have no opt.bin file on your pen drive.

Download full version 0.1 with optware (52MB)

Download this version if you already have optware. You can also use this version if you are not planning on using the movie/music info addons. If you have optware and want to use the movie/music info addons you need to install php-gd to resize images.

Download version 0.1 (29MB)

INCLUDED

- Disc0's webserver version 0.6.140 with latest online update (Web server)
- Elmarweber's event-osd version r111 (UI modification)
- Elmarweber's eiri version r189 (Webcontrol/Remote)
- Wallpapers, 24 in HD 720p resolution (1280x720)

INSTALL

Just extract all files to the root of your USB pendrive/stick and reboot.

(Be sure to have a modified firmware, more info on the forum)

CONFIGURATION

Go to either http://wdtv/addons/ or http://ip-of-your-wdtv/addons (for example http://192.168.178.10/addons/) to reach the addons home screen.

Be sure to read the remarks sections for Music info and Remount!

UNINSTALL

You can disable any addon that may need disabling (when it modifies or does anything when enabled). To uninstall completely just remove the files from the download and reboot.

DONATIONS AND SUPPORT

The first donations will go to flowers for my girlfriend to compensate for the time I spent on this, haha. The rest will go to nice cold beers to drink while developing more stuff. :-)

Click here to donate to the WDTV Webserver addons AKA flowers and beer fund

FIRMWARE NOTES

It has been tested with a clean Zorander ext3-boot and a clean WDLXTV. On the WDLXTV only http://ip-of-wdtv/addons/ worked. Also on the WDLXTV you need to adjust the path to the wallpapers, see remarks.

BUG REPORTS

Please specify what your configuration is (if relevant) and if possible the exact steps you did when it happend. This is needed to reproduce the error.

TO BE CONTINUED...

I'll add more info later, but preparing and writing this post already took over 1,5 hour!

ENJOY!

Now that's an order, and please give me feedback! :-)
« Last Edit: December 30, 2009, 07:37:04 AM by redindian »

August 05, 2009, 02:23:20 AM
Reply #1

lilibabe

• http://wdtv.free.fr/
Even if i'm not using an alternative firmware, just 2 words : fantastic job !
If you appreciate my work and want to contribute, feel free to donate at http://wdtv.free.fr/

August 05, 2009, 02:33:56 AM
Reply #2

ferarias

• Mi Blog
 :o :o :o :o :o :o
What a GREAT piece of software! Congratulations!
WDTV + SMCWUSB-N + b-rad.cc's WDLXTV firmware

August 05, 2009, 02:38:29 AM
Reply #3

sgr

Thanks a lot this one HELL of a JOB :)

hats for the lovely note and instruction too.
WD TV
USB Hub - DLINK HUB-H7 -http://www.dlink.com/products/?pid=149
Cisco SD2005 Gigabit Switch - http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps10008/index.html
Iomega Home Media Network Storage - http://go.iomega.com/en/products/network-storage-desktop/home-network-hard-drives/home-media/?partner=4750

August 05, 2009, 03:11:31 AM
Reply #4

sgr

WD TV
Cisco SD2005 Gigabit Switch - http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps10008/index.html
Iomega Home Media Network Storage - http://go.iomega.com/en/products/network-storage-desktop/home-network-hard-drives/home-media/?partner=4750

August 05, 2009, 03:27:23 AM
Reply #5

Mr Lazy

• Mr Lazy
Wow that must have taken some time/effort. 

I must say that is the best "about/intro" post I've seen for any of the mods - nice and clear and easy to understand.
Gen1, ext3-boot, Belkin AX88178 Gigabit adapter, Synology DS109 NAS

How-to setup WD TV with NFS shares

August 05, 2009, 05:33:03 AM
Reply #6

phatoshwest

Thank you, thank you, thank you. This is a great app for WDTV.
WDTV <- USB1 <- 500GB HDD (EXT2)
WDTV <- USB2 <- Powered HUB <- Airties WUS-201 Wifi <- Internet
WDTV <- USB2 <- Powered HUB <- 2GB Boot Flash-disk

August 05, 2009, 06:14:12 AM
Reply #7

beanian

does web control require media library to be turned on or off? Also does it matter weather im using list or thumb mode?
I cant seem to get it working. It just plays the first song in my music folder regardless of which song  i select.
I using wdlxtv .5.5.

Cheers,
Ian

August 05, 2009, 06:35:11 AM
Reply #8

dcrutgers

You released it! It's looks absolutely awesome.. Might have to leave work early and try it out.. Thanks again!

August 05, 2009, 06:44:05 AM
Reply #9

sgr

AWESOME :)

trying to learn

remote works with htc touch diamond better faster than the org damn remote and my logitec 1100 :) awesome.

first issue :)

redindian see the image

http://img329.imageshack.us/img329/8185/sgrcollection.gif

How do i save the wallpaper do i need to reboot for the wallpaper to be enabled?
WD TV

August 05, 2009, 08:23:07 AM
Reply #10

hahaha

Wow. What a wonderful job!

I'm interested in MOVIEINFO. It seems it gets movie info dynamically and display the movie sheet with assigned template. Am I right? How fast is it? I used to use TViXie to generate the movie sheet. It usually takes about a few minutes to get the movie info over the web. With your application, does it mean I need to wait for a few minutes for the movie sheet everytime when I select a movie?

Again, thanks for the great work!

August 05, 2009, 11:12:56 AM
Reply #11

videomilk

Having a bit of trouble with it.   I can get it running if I take off all my other apps (appletrailers, thumbcache app, laurant G's osd) but as soon as I put one back on it kills the network and the webserver, must be a conflict.

Any ideas?

August 05, 2009, 12:49:33 PM
Reply #12

redindian

does web control require media library to be turned on or off?
Also does it matter weather im using list or thumb mode?
It just plays the first song in my music folder regardless of which song  i select.
- I haven't extensively tested web control with WDLXTV because I couldn't get my shares working but I will next.
- Media library should be turned off because the script looks at the directory listing to determine what position the song is.
- List or thumb shouldn't matter.

August 05, 2009, 12:52:11 PM
Reply #13

redindian

http://img329.imageshack.us/img329/8185/sgrcollection.gif

How do i save the wallpaper do i need to reboot for the wallpaper to be enabled?
- Thanks for the compliment. The remote uses network so it will work without pointing.
- I'll look into the bug notices. Thanks for reporting this.
- Just put the wallpaper in the directory (or specify your own) and make sure it is 1280x720.
- Also give it some time to make the thumbnails. And you need the opt.bin (php-gd) for that.
- Should be working instantly, but you have to navigate somewhere for it to update.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2009, 12:57:53 PM by redindian »

August 05, 2009, 12:56:29 PM
Reply #14

redindian

With your application, does it mean I need to wait for a few minutes for the movie sheet everytime when I select a movie?
You need to browse to your movies and then run it once to create the info files and images. If you've done this it will detect this and modify the UI.

It is not (yet) real time. I might try it real time, but it will take about 20-30 seconds per movie. So not that bad, but still slow.