Author Topic: [APP] MSheet.app.bin (Release 2.0.1) : WDTV Osd experience  (Read 143030 times)

August 05, 2009, 10:21:12 PM
Reply #30

videomilk

@ Titi

at the moment i use an clean small firmware without network/dvd/...., i am looking for a firmware without pen drive
activity (no network, fast boot) with moviesheet function.

regards
gerd
You could always create a small 1 gig partition on one of the drives you have connected.  Then put the firmware on that.  You don't have to have it on a pen drive.

August 05, 2009, 11:20:32 PM
Reply #31

gerd

You could always create a small 1 gig partition on one of the drives you have connected.  Then put the firmware on that.  You don't have to have it on a pen drive.

Is an option, but not for me

Regards
gerd
« Last Edit: August 06, 2009, 03:19:17 AM by gerd »

August 06, 2009, 02:46:51 AM
Reply #32

pits101

Sounds interesting. How did you manage to get full screen movie sheets by just pressing up/down?

I installed and followed your directions. the movie sheet is small. how do i make it fit the whole screen?

August 06, 2009, 05:15:36 AM
Reply #33

Titi

• titi.wdtv.free.fr
I installed and followed your directions. the movie sheet is small. how do i make it fit the whole screen?
What's the resolution of your movie sheet?
The app is just displaying a picture, there is no image resizing.
So you have to make your movie sheet with the output resolution of wdtv (1280x720).

Titi
MSheet2.1.0
Visit titi.wdtv.free.fr. If you like the work I have done here, feel free to contribute...

August 07, 2009, 12:46:14 AM
Reply #34

pits101

What's the resolution of your movie sheet?
The app is just displaying a picture, there is no image resizing.
So you have to make your movie sheet with the output resolution of wdtv (1280x720).

Titi

hi!  resolution of movie sheet is 1280 * 720.  i have no problems displaying the 1280 * 720 sheet if inside their corresponding folders. However, if i put two movies + the movie.mkv_sheet.jpg  + the movie.jpg in one folder , the  sheet becomes small. I even tried to switch the two jpeg files just to check but the screen still came out small. In addition, the movie.jpg is reflected on the screen and not the movie.mkv_sheet.jpg  thanks
« Last Edit: August 07, 2009, 01:04:29 AM by pits101 »

August 08, 2009, 12:08:58 AM
Reply #35

Titi

• titi.wdtv.free.fr
@pits101

If I understand, when you enter the directory where 1 movie and movie sheet are, everything works fine, but if you enter a directory with 2 movies and movie sheets, it does not work. Is it right???
Can you make screenshots or pictures of your screen?
Which firmware are you using?
Titi
MSheet2.1.0
Visit titi.wdtv.free.fr. If you like the work I have done here, feel free to contribute...

August 08, 2009, 01:25:22 AM
Reply #36

pits101

@pits101

If I understand, when you enter the directory where 1 movie and movie sheet are, everything works fine, but if you enter a directory with 2 movies and movie sheets, it does not work. Is it right???
Can you make screenshots or pictures of your screen?
Which firmware are you using?
Titi

hi!

im using  10.02.10.wdlxtv-0.5.5

tried sending but file too big. please go to link below. thanks!!

http://mbf.me/P8L3

http://mbf.me/duri   

movie 1 has two movies in one folder
movie 2  has only one movie in one folder

August 08, 2009, 02:19:04 PM
Reply #37

Titi

• titi.wdtv.free.fr
@pits101

Sorry for my latest reply, but I'm on holiday for a week and my access to the web is a little bit limited...
Normally, on your second picture the little picture on the right of the screen is the thumbnail ("movie.jpg") which is displayed by the wdtv and the name of the file on top in case the app don't find the movie sheet for the selected file. If the app find a movie sheet for the selected file it display the sheet over this screen.
So I don't understand why your wdtv display the thumbnail of your movie sheet (named movie.mkv_sheet.jpg)  instead of the thumbnail of the picture movie.jpg.
Have you check the name of your file? Be careful, linux is case sensitive so "Movie.mkv" is different of "movie.mkv".
I don't have access to my wdtv and my linux for the moment and i can't test it before next week.
MSheet2.1.0

August 09, 2009, 05:40:42 AM
Reply #38

Useless

I get a similar result; It shows me the folder.jpg on the left but wont display the sheet. Ive tried with and without spaces in the file names.

August 09, 2009, 11:31:08 AM
Reply #39

Titi

• titi.wdtv.free.fr
@Useless,

Where is located your sheet?
For a folder the sheet have to be at the same level than the folder and not into the folder with the picture folder.jpg. Is it your case?
Did you have special characters (יטאחש'...) in the filename or path?

MSheet2.1.0

August 09, 2009, 12:07:03 PM
Reply #40

Useless

I think i had it set like this:

Folder-Movies
->
  Movie name 1.mkv_sheet.jpg
  Movie name 1.jpg

etc
etc

August 09, 2009, 04:28:34 PM
Reply #41

pits101

here's what i did:

initially, i have in my pen drive laurentg.app, laurentg.conf and laurentg.app.event. I also installed my sheet.app, event-osd.ap, msheet.app.event

for my folders with one file in it. the file sequence follows

movie.mkv
folder.jpg
wd_tv

files in folder with two files

movie.jpg
movie.mkv
movie_sheet.mkv.jpg

movie1.jpg
movie1.mkv
movie1_sheet.mkv.jpg

the wd_tv can be displayed in full screen while the others are displyed in thumbnail view ( movie.jpg being show). I tried to remove all laurent g app to c if the caused the problem. As soon as i removed those files in the ped drive, , there were no more  movie sheets displayed. even the  the two files that were located in the folder were projected as thumbnails ( original settings)

August 09, 2009, 11:51:44 PM
Reply #42

Titi

• titi.wdtv.free.fr
Hi pits101,
Ok, your problem is the name of your movie sheets, they have to name "movie.mkv_sheet.jpg" instead of "movie_sheet.mkv.jpg".
You are using both LaurentG.app and MSheet.app? I don't test it but I'm interresting to know if there are no conflict and everything work fine. Let me know.
MSheet2.1.0

August 10, 2009, 12:05:17 AM
Reply #43

Titi

• titi.wdtv.free.fr
@ useless,
Your filename looks good.
Is it the folder.jpg of a subdirectory or the movie.jpg which is displayed?
the structure has to be:
Folder-movies
----Subfolder1
--------folder.jpg
--------movie1.avi
--------movie1.avi_sheet.jpg
--------movie1.jpg (...)
----Subfolder1_sheet.jpg
----movie2.avi
----movie2.avi_sheet.jpg
----movie2.jpg (...)
MSheet2.1.0

August 10, 2009, 05:54:02 AM
Reply #44

pits101

its actually movie.mkv_sheet.jpg the movie.jpg is being shown as thumbnail and not the sheet. the wd_tv works fine.