Author Topic: [APP] MSheet.app.bin (Release 2.0.1) : WDTV Osd experience  (Read 143100 times)

August 03, 2009, 10:36:36 AM
Reply #15

alexioklini

Does not work for me.

No sheet is displayed.

ext-boot 0.9.2 with updated root.bin (1.02.10).

Example folder structure:
Action
    - Spiderman 3.mkv
    - Spiderman 3.mkv_sheet.jpg

Does every file need to have a sheet attached ? Because i have many mkv in this folder, without any sheets.

Thanks,
 Alex

August 03, 2009, 11:19:40 AM
Reply #16

Titi

• titi.wdtv.free.fr
I don't test with ext-boot. I will try it.
If a file doesn't have a sheet, the file name and the thumbnail (for thumb mode) is displayed.
Did you see changes on the osd when enter the directory?
MSheet2.1.0
Visit titi.wdtv.free.fr. If you like the work I have done here, feel free to contribute...

August 03, 2009, 12:17:40 PM
Reply #17

Titi

• titi.wdtv.free.fr
I can't upgrade my wdtv to ext3-boot (freeze on WD logo). Keep trying.

Does not work for me.
No sheet is displayed.
Sometimes it happen to me and reboot is the solution.
Does anyone has the same problem with ext3-boot?
MSheet2.1.0
Visit titi.wdtv.free.fr. If you like the work I have done here, feel free to contribute...

August 03, 2009, 01:01:21 PM
Reply #18

videomilk

Not working for me on ext3.   The thumbnail shows but when I enter on that the movie just starts, no sheet. 

August 03, 2009, 02:41:18 PM
Reply #19

qwert1234

It might be a wrong thread for the question, but quite related (I didn't want to create another post for it). But how do you create a movie sheet? Also, what software do you use to get folder art & movie info, I tried Media Info Plus but didn't quite like it (or I didn't play enough with it I guess) Any help would be appreciated. TIA

August 03, 2009, 09:55:42 PM
Reply #20

gerd

Hello,

please can you give me an help - i never used an custom Firmware on the WDTV.
How can i install the event-osd.app.bin with WDLXT.bin...

Thank you for help
regards
gerd

August 03, 2009, 11:45:37 PM
Reply #21

Titi

• titi.wdtv.free.fr
Not working for me on ext3.   The thumbnail shows but when I enter on that the movie just starts, no sheet. 
I don't know how ext3-boot firmware is mounting the app.bin but I hope that it is the same way than the WDLXTV. Someone could tell me??

Try this:
- use a FAT formatted memory stick
- download the  last release of event-osd.app.bin http://sourceforge.net/projects/wdtvtools/files/event-osd/event-osd-r170/event-osd-r170-wdtv.zip/download , unzip and replace the event-osd.app.bin at the root of your memory stick.
- did you unzip the MSheet.app.zip at the root of your memory stick??

If the app is launching when you enter a directory with a sheet, the osd is changing and you will see your sheet or only one thumbnail at the left (size 300x400), and the file name on the top, else the osd is not changing and you will see the 2x6 thumbnails.
Is the osd change?
If yes, but the sheet is not displayed, did you have any special characters in path or in file name?? If yes, the picture is not linked and you can't see the sheet.
MSheet2.1.0

August 03, 2009, 11:54:09 PM
Reply #22

Titi

• titi.wdtv.free.fr
Hello,

please can you give me an help - i never used an custom Firmware on the WDTV.
How can i install the event-osd.app.bin with WDLXT.bin...

Thank you for help
regards
gerd

For the WDLXTV, see the thread http://wdtvforum.com/main/index.php?topic=446.0 or the b-rad's homepage http://b-rad.cc/wdlxtv
For event-osd see homepage http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/wdtvtools/wiki/event-osd, you will learn how to use this app
MSheet2.1.0

August 04, 2009, 03:39:25 AM
Reply #23

gerd

@Titi

can i use the "event-osd.app.bin instead on the use stick to put it on my usb hdd?

regards
gerd
« Last Edit: August 04, 2009, 03:49:23 AM by gerd »

August 04, 2009, 05:45:59 AM
Reply #24

Titi

• titi.wdtv.free.fr
@Titi

can i use the "event-osd.app.bin instead on the use stick to put it on my usb hdd?
regards
gerd
Sorry, but I don't understand your question.

If your question is, how can I install my MSheet.app.bin? , first download zip file (link on first page), copy it at the root of a memory stick, unzip it (you will have 3 files event-osd.app.bin, MSheet.app.bin and MSheet.app.event), delete other *.app.bin and *.app.event which are using event-osd, plug your memory stick on the wdtv and reboot (unplug/plug power).

Otherwise, I think that you should ask to elmarweber (event-osd developper) on the topic related to event-osd. His answers would be better than mine.
MSheet2.1.0

August 04, 2009, 12:21:42 PM
Reply #25

Sumo

I think he is wondering if your app works from a USB-HDD, or if he has to use a pendrive.

In my opinion NTFS coud be tricky, try to create a small fat/fat32 partition on the HDD for .apps and .bins stuff. Just try and error. If it wont work, small pendrives are really cheap ;) Some companys give them out for promotion... :D

August 04, 2009, 02:58:35 PM
Reply #26

qwert1234

It might be a wrong thread for the question, but quite related (I didn't want to create another post for it). But how do you create a movie sheet? Also, what software do you use to get folder art & movie info, I tried Media Info Plus but didn't quite like it (or I didn't play enough with it I guess) Any help would be appreciated. TIA

Tvixie is dead simple to use .. even for a beginner :)

http://www.tvixie.com/

Thanks I'm going to try it out. Also, I found WDTVMovieDBGenerator created by beanian on other thread created by him. I've bunch of issues w/ it. I think I'll ask beanian.

I can handle complex softwares too :) , so if you have any other, please let me know (Yes I'm being greedy!)

August 05, 2009, 02:27:19 AM
Reply #27

gerd

@ Titi

i mean - is it necessary to use alwals the pen drive to use the addon, or only for the first boot?
i have two usb hdd, and i would not to change always the usb-ports.

sorry for my bad english.

regards gerd (from germany)

August 05, 2009, 02:56:01 AM
Reply #28

Titi

• titi.wdtv.free.fr
@ Titi

i mean - is it necessary to use alwals the pen drive to use the addon, or only for the first boot?
i have two usb hdd, and i would not to change always the usb-ports.

sorry for my bad english.

regards gerd (from germany)

You only need the pendrive with your app.bin at each boot (unplug/plug power supply). After boot you can eject your pendrive, and plug another HDD.
Is my app is working fine for you? Which firmware are you using?
MSheet2.1.0

August 05, 2009, 10:15:49 PM
Reply #29

gerd

@ Titi

at the moment i use an clean small firmware without network/dvd/...., i am looking for a firmware without pen drive
activity (no network, fast boot) with moviesheet function.

regards
gerd