Author Topic: [APP] MSheet.app.bin (Release 2.0.1) : WDTV Osd experience  (Read 143031 times)

August 02, 2009, 11:37:07 PM
Read 143031 times

Titi

• titi.wdtv.free.fr

[UPDATED]
Version 2.0.1
- fixed: wrong background when back is pressed (folder_sheet.jpg)
- fixed: file selected visibility (folder_sheet.jpg)
Version 2.0.0
- new: support sheet view for all media types
- new: preview in list mode
- new: special view for photo media (more adapted to photo)
- new: Skin could be persistent
- new: Skin could be integrated in a custom theme (osd.bin)
- new: first screen after home menu could be the same for all media

Version 1.3.0
- new: work with all media types in list mode and only video media in thumb mode
- fixed: problems in list mode
Version 1.2.0
- new: special view for thumbnail loading
- fixed: quality of the sheet in dynamically change mode
- new: possibility to load your own skin
Version 1.1.0
- new: list of thumbnail
- new: possibility to display a sheet for all files in directory and a list of thumbnail
- new: possibility to display a sheet for all files in directory without  thumbnail

===================================

This application pack modify the behaviour of the OSD of your WDTV.
- It display sheets without any specific folder structure
All your files are in the same folder, and the navigation is more user friendly, because you display the sheets one after another just by using the up, down, left and right arrows.
If the app find a sheet in the folder, sheet display is used otherwise the standard display is used (thumbnail or list).
If a file does not have sheet only the file name and list of thumbnail are displayed.
It work with any file and folder that the wdtv can read.
You can also display a single sheet for all files in your directory.
MSheet is using a modded event-osd.app.bin (official by Elmar Weber, http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/wdtvtools/wiki/event-osd), so application works with all types of media (Video, Audio, Photo).
- It display preview in list mode
- It display a specific thumb view for navigation of photo media.

==============================
Installation

Warning: this application pack requires first the installation of an alternative firmware, either WDLXTV or ext3-boot (WDLXTV(tested), ext3-boot(not tested)).

- Download the latest release at titi.wdtv.free.fr
- unzip it at the root of your memory stick, if you already use event-osd.app.bin, you need to overwrite the existing file.
- Modify MSheet.app.conf as you want
- Plug your memory stick to your wdtv
- Reboot your wdtv (unplug/plug power supply)

Use Instructions
See http://titi.wdtv.free.fr

Thanks
======
Special thanks to b-rad, elmarweber, LaurentG, Idaho680, and the others for firmware, application pack, advice, test and help...

Download:
On this page http://titi.wdtv.free.fr/Download, you can find :
- the new application
- a test folder  for an overview of what this app can do with sheets. It include a folder structure done by the imagination of Idaho680 (Thanks).
- the skin structure, look at README file for more information
- you will also find in Download/Scripts section some scripts (windows) to help you to manage your folders (all movies in the same folder or one movie per folder)

The use of this app is not limited, your imagination too...
« Last Edit: December 18, 2009, 01:42:54 AM by Titi »
MSheet2.1.0
Visit titi.wdtv.free.fr. If you like the work I have done here, feel free to contribute...

August 02, 2009, 11:44:38 PM
Reply #1

videomilk

now this is what I have been waiting for.  I was never interested in putting my movies into their own individual folders.   I'll try it out with the ext3-boot tomorrow. 

Thanks!

August 03, 2009, 12:53:52 AM
Reply #2

redindian

• True Font Family - Any font, any website, any browser
Sounds interesting. How did you manage to get full screen movie sheets by just pressing up/down?

August 03, 2009, 01:53:45 AM
Reply #3

Titi

• titi.wdtv.free.fr
First, I link the movie sheet into the osd directory (without the suffix "_sheet.jpg").
I add into the xml file an image with "@@file_info" variable as path.
So each time you change selected file, the "@@file_info" change and load the image.
MSheet2.1.0
Visit titi.wdtv.free.fr. If you like the work I have done here, feel free to contribute...

August 03, 2009, 02:42:10 AM
Reply #4

BMD_Online

First, I link the movie sheet into the osd directory (without the suffix "_sheet.jpg").
I add into the xml file an image with "@@file_info" variable as path.
So each time you change selected file, the "@@file_info" change and load the image.

When do you link your pictures ? At boot time, scanning entire disk ?
During navigation ? Event-OSD is needed ?

August 03, 2009, 03:00:24 AM
Reply #5

Titi

• titi.wdtv.free.fr
Event-osd is needed to find if a movie sheet is in the directory, to replace the xml file (basic_browse or basic_browse_thumb_video).
So the link are create during navigation when you enter a directory.
MSheet2.1.0

August 03, 2009, 03:01:48 AM
Reply #6

rezmus

@devs: pibos is cooking new version of wdtvext. u will be able to do a LOT more with it... so be patient ;)

August 03, 2009, 03:03:24 AM
Reply #7

redindian

Nice hack!

Do you have any memory problems using this approach? For example if you browse through 10 sheets. Since they all have different filenames...

This pack is working with the event-osd application pack

You need event-osd, because it will replace the default browse xml file with a file that contains the complete path to the current directory in order to relatively link the images using @file_info.

So for example the xml will look like:

Code: [Select]
<image image="/path-to-current-dir/@@file_info_sheet.jpg"/>

And the number of files per page is set to 1 probably.

Real nice approach, will have to think some more about this to see what other possibilities this may bring us...

August 03, 2009, 03:05:13 AM
Reply #8

redindian

@devs: pibos is cooking new version of wdtvext. u will be able to do a LOT more with it... so be patient ;)

Yes, that is going to bring the mods to a whole new level! :)

August 03, 2009, 03:34:43 AM
Reply #9

BMD_Online

Yes, that is going to bring the mods to a whole new level! :)

Yep, but unfortunately... not Open Source.

August 03, 2009, 03:50:04 AM
Reply #10

rezmus

so? ;> once you can do all this nice things via lua api i don't think open source is a must. at least for me.

August 03, 2009, 03:56:23 AM
Reply #11

Titi

• titi.wdtv.free.fr
You need event-osd, because it will replace the default browse xml file with a file that contains the complete path to the current directory in order to relatively link the images using @file_info.

I need event-osd to replace xml with only one file per page. there is no path into the xml file.
<image image="@@file_info"/>wdtv is not able to concatenate text and variable.
The link to the movie sheet is created in the osd-backup directory with all the xml files, and is named <filename.ext> (ex movie1.avi). On linux extension is not important.

Do you have any memory problems using this approach? For example if you browse through 10 sheets. Since they all have different filenames...
I don't have memory problems (tested on a directory with 60 movies), I just create links (approx 25 bytes each).
MSheet2.1.0

August 03, 2009, 05:20:41 AM
Reply #12

redindian

Interesting, thanks for the details. I'll have to try this then. :-)

So you link all files to the /osd/ directory in order to link to them from the xml without path?

August 03, 2009, 06:00:07 AM
Reply #13

BMD_Online

so? ;> once you can do all this nice things via lua api i don't think open source is a must. at least for me.

I wasn't able to do maintain/improve such software, but I think about future and perennial development.

But, it's another debate and it's not right place here. Sorry.

August 03, 2009, 06:16:01 AM
Reply #14

Titi

• titi.wdtv.free.fr
So you link all files to the /osd/ directory in order to link to them from the xml without path?
Yes,
you can't add path directly in the xml. if you write in the xml
<image image="/path-to-current-dir/@@file_info_sheet.jpg"/>the @@file_info variable is not replaced and the wdtv search a picture named "@@file_info_sheet.jpg" in "/path-to-current-dir/" instead of search a picture named "movie.avi_sheet.jpg".
With the links in the osd directory, wdtv find directly the picture in his working directory.
MSheet2.1.0