Author Topic: BUG v1.02.10 - empty folders again!!!  (Read 2694 times)

July 03, 2009, 04:37:00 AM
Read 2694 times

schlotz

• OneShotsphoto
This is getting old. Problem started with the into of 1.02.08.  Went to turn on the WDTV last night (WD 2TB drive connected to it) and after waiting the usual bit  ::) it comes up and reports the folder is empty.  BTW: the drive has over 1.5TB of movies on it (all .ISO files).  The kuldge is to run the reset command in the configuration.  Major PITA - to reaquire the thumbnails of over 300 movies.  Have again reinstalled 1.02.07 which does not exhibit the problem.

WD- PLEASE GET THIS FIXED!!!!!!!   >:(

July 03, 2009, 10:04:16 AM
Reply #1

jl001

Hear hear ... I've reverted back to 1.02.07... couldn't stand powercycling/resetting every other day.

July 14, 2009, 12:28:37 AM
Reply #2

Sakkie

Yip .... same thing with me last night. Powered down like 3 times to get 1 drive to read .... other still refused ... seems i'me on the way back to V1.02.07 aswell.

July 14, 2009, 03:50:51 PM
Reply #3

vra1974

I have the same problem.

One thing I did was select a file from the "Recent" menu, or just playback the file I want using the "List  menu"

It does not say anything about empty folders there.

After you play a few minutes of the file, you can exit and check thumbnail view, and there wont be any more "Empty Folder" error.

I know this is no good fix, but at least it will save you from getting up and disconnecting everything, or resetting the WDTV to factory defaults, wich are the 2 other ways to solve this.

By the way, I also tried deleting the "hidden" folder - Still happens
I also turned media library off - Same problem.

This is happening from version .08 to the newest one (.10)

Hope this helps, but I REALLY HOPE to get this fixed in the next firmware update.

I bought a 1Tb WD drive, thinking that if I had everything under the same brand I could have an excellent setup. Now I see it is not.

July 17, 2009, 04:38:21 AM
Reply #4

Sakkie

The problem i had with empty folders progressed into the WDTV not even registering the USB drive ... USB 1 or 2.  While the drive worked fine on my PC it was NON functional on the WDTV (reads for few seconds then nothing). It was a VANTEC 3.5" 80gb fat32.  The problem started after adding about 8gb to existing 64gb info. After that ... nothing!

Solution : I re-formatted the drive NTFS,64k, and now works 100% with the same firmware 1.02.10.

July 31, 2009, 12:03:36 PM
Reply #5

vra1974

Mine is a 1TB WD HD, NTFS formatted and still happens. I would love to be able to get back to version .07 but that version had problems displaying spanish specific characters, and version .10 fixes this.

Anyway I think this is something that WD can fix in the next version.

Or does someone have a fix for this?