Author Topic: BUG 1.02.10 - Audio sometimes disappears (during .avi video playback)  (Read 1125 times)

July 27, 2009, 02:20:51 AM
Read 1125 times

runquest

Hi,

Recently recieved a wd tv and it looks like it's pretty much the answer to my needs.

I've connected the unit using hdmi to my tv and an optical cable to my reciever (muting the tv).

Sometimes when watching converted series in .avi though (workes fine on computer and when burned to dvd), the sound sometimes disappers and comes back seemingly withouh consistancy.. Yesterday I tried wiggeling the optical cable and the sound would reappear, but it sometimes went all silent on me again, so I'm not even sure it's a "mechanical" problem as the QED cable has worked flawlessy before and I do not have this problem when playing music with the wd tv..

Could heat affect the audio output? I've tried both the 1.02.07 and 1.02.10 firmware.

Any suggestions or similar experiences?

July 29, 2009, 06:41:25 AM
Reply #1

ParkerX8

I am new to WDTV, just got mine yesterday, but I have the same problem.  This is not mechanical in nature, I am using RCA cables.  My AVI files play fine on my computer, and when I burn them out, but not when I play them on WDTV.  I am going to try to code them differently tonight.