Poll

is 1.02.03fw better then previous ?

yes its much better
6 (100%)
no it isnt better
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Voting closed: May 08, 2009, 11:38:09 PM

Author Topic: fw 1.02.03 Video issues/bugs (post it here)  (Read 4125 times)

April 08, 2009, 11:35:37 PM
Read 4125 times

3dxr

• Global Moderator

Hello All,

Please add all issues with your movies

All wishes/todo/comments which are not releated to TOPIC will be deleted or edited

We want have all posts releated to TOPIC and have clean bug list here
Coffe talk you can leave on avsforum.

3dxr

April 10, 2009, 03:06:01 AM
Reply #1

stefangun

In progressive output mode (e.g. 720@50p) the video shows flickering lines like the ones an old non-progressive DVD-player produces on a CRT-TV. Switching to an interlaced output mode (e.g. 1080@50i) shows a solid, steady video picture.

April 10, 2009, 03:17:17 AM
Reply #2

stefangun

The former selected audio subtitle tracks weren't remembered by the WD TV when playing the same video file again. You always have to manually select the desired tracks every time you start watching a movie, which is very annoying if the DVD has 20 or more subtitles  :-\
(tested with unchanged ISO-files from a DVD)
An auto-select function should be built into the new firmware, where you once tell, which audio and subtitle languange you want in your movies.

April 10, 2009, 04:39:54 PM
Reply #3

IzNoGooD

Only testet with MKV 720p~50 & 1080p~50, and embedded subtitles.

If i choose to move the screen up or down the subtitles disappear.
I use this feature when the movie contain black bars, then I move the picture up, so the subtitles only appear in the black field.

It has worked without any problems, on earlier firmware.

April 12, 2009, 05:17:56 PM
Reply #4

goodman

I found a prblem with this release, if I play a .TS file first, then I pay a .mkv file; and I can not go back to play the .ts that I was playing earlier, it gave me an error that file type is not supported, check the manual. I have to unplug the power to the unit and power back on again. Any idea?

April 13, 2009, 10:29:04 AM
Reply #5

RockStarInLife

• Personal Text
    Be a RockStar in Your Life!
    • Become an Internet Marketing Consultant
When I play a VOB file it wont let me rewind without it going back to the same spot that I left at. I think I remember reading others having this problem before the new firmware but it is annoying. Not a big deal for me since I am now converting all my VOB files to Xvid to save space to fit more on the harddrive.
Be a RockStar in Your Life,
& Make The World Your Stage!

Dr. Dan

http://OfflineRockStarAcademy.com

April 13, 2009, 10:45:47 AM
Reply #6

3dxr

• Global Moderator

I found a prblem with this release, if I play a .TS file first, then I pay a .mkv file; and I can not go back to play the .ts that I was playing earlier, it gave me an error that file type is not supported, check the manual. I have to unplug the power to the unit and power back on again. Any idea?
I had same problem with .mpeg2 movie - I had on whole content on usb-hdd same response

solution - unplug device and issue was not present again ( no idea howto repeat this bug :( probably random bug )