Author Topic: XBMC and WDTV???  (Read 49281 times)

October 30, 2009, 06:27:05 AM
Reply #15

pacorob

• Personal Text
    WDLXTV user
Hi pacorob. I am using
1GB FAT32 USB key connected to USB0 on WDTV
Linsys WUSB600N USB wireless network card connect to USB1 on WDTV through included usb cable
Linsys WRT310N gigabit router
B-Rad's WDLXTV 0.5.6.1
wirelessmod-wdlxtv.app.bin 0.2
I was trying to set up wireless connection for my WDTV recently using the net.config and RT2870STA.DAT files you posted in AVS forum. However the led light on my WUSB600N never lit up no matter how I tried. I know it's good since it worked on my laptop. The boot up log showed that the usb network card was detected by WDTV. But I am not a Linux guy and could tell what was wrong. Did your usb network card light up before you got it to work? Do you have any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Sorry for my late reply but I wasn't checking the forum for a while I were very busy. And I'm not using the AVS forum anymore.

I'm also no Linux guy. I just used the info here on the forum to get it up and running on my end.
Have you tried plugging in and out the power cord then the wireless usb stick should begin blinking. It takes a while and after a few minutes it should indicate the whole time a green light.

I have been sending this message to tig3rclaw a same kind of message as below but now for you here is how I have it running.

My wireless usb stick is at the back of the WDTV.
My usb stick with this firmware data is on the left side of the WDTV.

Also on this location below you can grab my WDLTX 0.5.6.1 + Apps and settings as I have them in the root of my usb stick:
https://www.yousendit.com/download/Z01NNHA4Q1BGR0hIRGc9PQ
"Here is the link for your file, which will be available for 7 Days or 100 downloads."

You only need to change your network key in the file 'RT2870STA.dat'
here: WPAPSK=fill-in-your-network-key

Then plugin the usb stick and unplug the power cord of the wdtv and plug it again it takes a few minutes the first time before it will connect and you will get the wdlxtv on your tv.

There are newer version of WDLXTV which you can check on B-rad's website: http://b-rad.cc/wdlxtv
However i'm not upgrading because all works nicely now.
Firmw: WDLXTV 0.5.6.1
Apps: Webserver addons 0.2 (weather,rss), Upnp 0.2.2, Apple Trailers 0.3.3.1b, EventOSD r170, XBMC via Upnp 720p plays ok
Wireless USB Linksys wusb600n w. WPA2 (ralink rt2870)
USB Stick 16GB Sony FAT32 | W. Router: Linksys (Cisco) WRT160N

November 03, 2009, 04:16:30 AM
Reply #16

Lixx

Thanks a lot for your help, pacorob. Definitely appreciate it. I'll try out your files tonight and keep you informed.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2009, 09:48:28 AM by Lixx »

November 13, 2009, 09:53:22 AM
Reply #17

Lixx

Hi Pacorob,

Tried your files. However still could not get my wireless network stick to work.

I did some research and found out that my wireless network stick is actually WUSB600N v2. There is a thread on Ubuntu bug report forum which caught my eyeballs saying that the current Linux driver for WUSB600N v1 does not work for v2. I am suspecting that this is the reason I cannot get it to work. Right now there is no linux driver for my v2 stick. I guess I can check periodically to see if a driver is available.

Anyways, thanks for your help.

December 02, 2009, 08:40:43 AM
Reply #18

pacorob

• Personal Text
    WDLXTV user
Hi Pacorob,

Tried your files. However still could not get my wireless network stick to work.

I did some research and found out that my wireless network stick is actually WUSB600N v2. There is a thread on Ubuntu bug report forum which caught my eyeballs saying that the current Linux driver for WUSB600N v1 does not work for v2. I am suspecting that this is the reason I cannot get it to work. Right now there is no linux driver for my v2 stick. I guess I can check periodically to see if a driver is available.

Anyways, thanks for your help.

Sorry for my very late reply on this matter.
I just noticed that I forgot to mention in my instructions to change also your network name.

Have you tried changing the SSID (network name) to your network name. I forgot to mention that in the previous instruction. Or have you already adjusted that?

SSID=your-network-name
WPAPSK=fill-in-your-network-key
Fill these in the file 'RT2870STA.dat' (open and adjust with Wordpad or Notepad++ and save)

Another important thing to know is formatting your usb stick with FAT32 otherwise your network will probably won't get recognised (you can't however then put files larger then 2GB on that usb stick because of the fat32 format.

Because the old package has been expired. I also re-uploaded it again for both you and others who may want to use it to get started right away without reading al the forum topics.

https://www.yousendit.com/download/MVNjek9tcWZqY3BMWEE9PQ [7days or 100 downloads live]
or
http://www.filefactory.com/file/a1f7d91/n/WDLXTV_0.5.6.1_Apps.zip
or
http://www.mediafire.com/?mmkjvnwknmw
[71.4MB]]]
« Last Edit: December 02, 2009, 12:58:23 PM by pacorob »
Apps: Webserver addons 0.2 (weather,rss), Upnp 0.2.2, Apple Trailers 0.3.3.1b, EventOSD r170, XBMC via Upnp 720p plays ok

February 17, 2010, 02:44:51 AM
Reply #19

pacorob

• Personal Text
    WDLXTV user

March 26, 2010, 07:37:34 AM
Reply #20

pacorob

• Personal Text
    WDLXTV user

July 26, 2010, 02:43:16 AM
Reply #21

ssaragusa

Dear Pacorob,

I have read with attention the results of your test on XBMC with the WDTV and I am very curious to know if you have discovered other things concern to the visualization of XBMC's plugins by UpNP WDTV client .

I have your same configuration Windows (Vista) and same firmware WDTV (mod Cylent Showcase, with B'rad djmount UPnP, web addons, appletrailer, FTP). In the folder UPNPs appear me the folders of the server XBMC (bookstore video and music, not plugins, not pictures) and in the bookstore music they also appear further subfolders (singer, genre, top 100, etc.).The folders, however, are all empty ones !! >:( Why?? Also with Filezilla I see the folders from the PC, but they are here also empty. Mistake something??

I would be you thankful if you could give me some indication.

Thanks.

Ssaragusa ;).