Author Topic: Stupid Question-how to auto start movie by clicking on thumbnail?  (Read 1862 times)

January 28, 2010, 05:51:05 PM
Read 1862 times

Trnzaddict

Hi i just finally got Juliojs's osm mod working. I ripped my first movie, "Predator" into 3 M2TS files.

I have the 3 files in a folder titled "Predator" in the root of my 1 TB Drive. I have a movieposter thumbnail for the folder.

I want to be able to just click on the movie poster and it just starts playing the movie, not goes into another subfolderwhere it shoes the 3 mts files and i have to manually start the movie by selecting one of those files.

How do i do this?

Thanks, please bear with me here;)

January 28, 2010, 10:39:09 PM
Reply #1

jason407

Have you tried pressing PLAY while the folder is selected?

January 29, 2010, 01:24:01 PM
Reply #2

Trnzaddict

Yes, and the (/) sign comes up in the top corner. I don't like the clicking on a thumb and then have to navigate the first m2ts file. There has to be a way to click on the thumb and it just plays the movie.

I don't want to merge the m2ts files into one cause my laptop is from 2004, i'm not waiting 16 hours for it to merge. I think that's the only way it would work but there has to be another way. :-[

January 29, 2010, 02:24:43 PM
Reply #3

dnicks

having msheet mod on your thumb drive with the osd mod is probably your best bet.  it allows you to not have your movies in a subfolder.  you still have to use PLAY and not SELECT when you play it.  select will only play the 1st part, then stop. play will find the file right after it and play it without you having to do anything.  it works seemlessly, with no gap.  if your movie is in its own folder, there is no way to automatically play it because the thumb you're clicking on isn't a movie file, its just a folder.  hope that helps.  here is the thread to msheet - http://wdtvforum.com/main/index.php?topic=1645.405