Author Topic: Re: BUG 01.02.10 WD 4 GB Mybook does not work with WDTV  (Read 8773 times)

July 15, 2009, 08:41:19 PM
Read 8773 times

BENONI

MOD - Moved from General discussion thread.

>>

Good Day!

Ukraine (Russian)

!!! do not speak English - an interpreter translated the text:

I bought product My Book ® Studio Edition II (WDH2Q40000) and WD
TV ™ (WDAVN00) with the latest firmware 1.02.10, and was very upset knowing that when My
Book ® Studio Edition II (WDH2Q40000) formatted RAID0 (4Gb) - WD TV ™ (WDAVN00)
does not define it.

If you format the My Book ® Studio Edition II (WDH2Q40000) in RAID1
(2Gb) - WD TV ™ (WDAVN00)
identifies and works in conjunction with the My Book ® Studio Edition II
(WDH2Q40000) well.

Can I do something with the firmware (software) for the WD TV ™ (WDAVN00) - that would be
He learned to correctly determine the My Book ® Studio Edition II
(WDH2Q40000) RAID0 (4Tb)?
« Last Edit: July 23, 2009, 11:16:11 AM by jayallan »

July 15, 2009, 09:41:08 PM
Reply #1

bobosquishy

Good Day!

Ukraine (Russian)

Hello!  :D

Привет

!!! do not speak English - an interpreter translated the text:

I will use a translator.

Я буду використовувати перекладач.

http://translation.imtranslator.net/translate/default.asp

Please excuse any errors and blame them on the translator.  I obviously do not speak Ukraine.  

Прошу прощения будь-які помилки і звинувачувати їх перекладач. Я, безумовно, не кажуть України.

I bought your product My Book ® Studio Edition II (WDH2Q40000) and WD
TV ™ (WDAVN00) with the latest firmware 1.02.10, and was very upset knowing that when My Book ® Studio Edition II (WDH2Q40000) formatted RAID0 (4Gb) - WD TV ™ (WDAVN00) does not define it.

If you format the My Book ® Studio Edition II (WDH2Q40000) in RAID1
(2Gb) - WD TV ™ (WDAVN00) identifies and works in conjunction with the My Book ® Studio Edition II (WDH2Q40000) well.

Can I do something with the firmware (software) for the WD TV ™ (WDAVN00) - that would be He learned to correctly determine the My Book ® Studio Edition II
(WDH2Q40000) RAID0 (4Gb)?

I am confused by what you have said, but I will try to guess what you meant.  

Я бентежить те, що ти сказав, але я буду намагатися вгадати, що ви на увазі.

Firstly, this is a privately owned forum.  It is not an official Western Digital forum.  It is owned and moderated by people who claim that they do not work for Western Digital.  Western digital employees evidently do read messages here and do respond to some of them.

По-перше, це приватний форум. Вона не є офіційним Western Digital форуму. Воно знаходиться у власності і під керівництвом людей, які стверджують, що вони не працюють для Western Digital. Western Digital працівників, очевидно, робити повідомлення, читати і робити тут відповіді на деякі з них.

If I am interpreting your message correctly, your WD MyBook has two hard drives which are recognized and used as if they are a single hard drive disk.

Якщо я тлумачення вашого повідомлення правильно, ваша WD MyBook складається з двох жорстких дисків, які визнані і використовуються, як якби вони являють собою єдиний жорсткий диск диск.

http://www.wdc.com/en/products/products.asp?driveid=621

This is done with a RAID controller which is built into the MyBook.

Це робиться з RAID контролером, який вбудований в MyBook.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RAID
http://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/RAID

Your problem is that your WDTV only recognizes one of the disks in the RAID.  Am I correct?

Ваша проблема полягає в тому, що ваш WDTV визнає тільки один з дисків в RAID. Чи можу я виправити?

Please respond.  Thankyou.

Прохання відповісти. Спасибо.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2009, 09:48:09 PM by bobosquishy »
I reserve the right to ignore you for any reason.

July 16, 2009, 08:31:45 AM
Reply #2

BENONI

eng:
I apologize, in a previous post correctly termed ...
so I copied my ofitsealnoe psmo customer support WD. And on this forum would develop a theme, may I hear and decide, my question, but who may have already decided, but the pity - I bought 4000Gb, as it is only 2000Gb, tried to My Book ® Mirror Edition ™ (WDH2U20000) with RAID0 - works . My My Book ® Studio Edition II (WDH2Q40000) with RAID0 does not want. It turns out that WDTV saw no more 2000Gb USB HDD?

rus:
Прошу прощения, в предыдущем посте неправильно выразился...
это я скопировал моё офицеальное пьсьмо в службу поддержки WD. А на этом форуме хотел тему развить, может меня услышат и решат мой вопрос, а может кто уже и решил, а то обидно - купил 4000Gb, а использую только 2000Gb, пробовал на My Book® Mirror Edition™ (WDH2U20000) с RAID0 - работает. А мой My Book® Studio Edition II (WDH2Q40000) с RAID0 не хочет. Получается, что WDTV не видит более 2000Gb USB HDD?

July 16, 2009, 12:30:04 PM
Reply #3

GuyWD

Volumes larger than 2 TiB are currently not supported. We're aware of this issue and are working to correct it.

July 16, 2009, 03:11:17 PM
Reply #4

Whoheart

Volumes larger than 2 TiB are currently not supported. We're aware of this issue and are working to correct it.

What's Tib - is that a terrabyte?

And bless you for reading along here :)

(its not like with Philips, their support monkies seem to have a problem with English  :-\ )
If you think there is something wrong with your WD device contact them and then act upon that: Either wait or move on - don't whine here - this is not WD's board. If you have a problem, start a thread and ask - perhaps someone knows the answer.

July 16, 2009, 03:40:39 PM
Reply #5

bobosquishy

Oh, sweet Jesus... I never would have gotten that.  It would have just dragged on forever until I ended up shooting myself in the face.  Bless you, sir.  You saved my face.

July 16, 2009, 08:10:15 PM
Reply #6

Scoops

• Personal Text
    Urban Shocker

What's Tib - is that a terrabyte?

Tebibyte. For most practical thinking, yes it's a lot like a terabyte. It has to do with the difference between decimal math and binary math. TB (and GB and MB) assumes 1000 bytes in a megabyte, there are actually 1024 (which TiB, GiB and MiB account for). That difference adds up after a while, leading to increasingly inaccurate measurement.
fw 1.02.10 | Western Digital MyBook 500GB | Transcend JetFlash V30 4GB | Composite out
Thumbnail help

July 16, 2009, 08:57:47 PM
Reply #7

BENONI

eng:
And how do I know that my support WDTV learned volumes more 2Tb? And I now formatted MyBook under RAID1, and RAID0 for experiments with no place ... Will stated in the specification to the new Firmware (soft) what corrected problem when WDTV not determine the volume over 2Tb?

rus:
А как я узнаю что мой WDTV научился поддерживать тома более 2Tb? А то я сейчас отформатировал MyBook под RAID1, и для экспериментов с RAID0 нет места... Будет ли обьявлено в спецификации к новой прошифке (ПО) что устренена проблема когда WDTV не определяет тома более 2Tb?

July 16, 2009, 09:25:07 PM
Reply #8

bobosquishy

English:
BENONI, GuyWD is an employee of Western Digital.  He knows what he is talking about.  Your 4 TB WD MyBook is too big.  In the future, please post problems in the BUG REPORTS section.

Ukranian:
Бен-Оні, GuyWD є співробітником Western Digital. Він знає, що він говорив. Ваш 4 ТБ WD MyBook є занадто великою.

Russian:
БЕНОНИ, GuyWD - служащий Западных Цифровой. Он знает то, о чем он говорит. Ваши 4 TB WD MyBook являются слишком большими.

http://wdtvforum.com/main/index.php?board=9.0

July 17, 2009, 01:23:18 AM
Reply #9

the_invisible

Are you also working on other problems being discussed here?

July 23, 2009, 11:20:18 AM
Reply #10

jayallan

• Administrator

• Jay Allan Photo

Are you also working on other problems being discussed here?

If you read this forum you will see that is obviously the case. 

WDTV LIVE with current official FW > HDMI > DVDO > Sony CRT Projector 150" 16/9 screen.  Toslink audio to Yamaha DTS receiver. No Network set up yet.

October 08, 2009, 05:45:42 PM
Reply #11

rmarshll

What is the ETA when this will be corrected.. I also purchased a 4TB Mybook Studio Edition II and need it to work with the WDTV.. This Issue should be a TOP priority as far as im concerned.

Ryan

October 10, 2009, 04:14:46 PM
Reply #12

rmarshll

Could anyone tell me when over 2TB Drives will be supported.?

November 03, 2009, 10:21:54 PM
Reply #13

ibanez_australia

Hi,

I saw this message from 16 July.

Does the WD TV now support volumes larger than 2 TB (ie. 4TB) ?

November 04, 2009, 01:20:51 PM
Reply #14

GuyWD

No. The WDTV Live does support them, however.