Author Topic: ThumbCache.app.bin - Folder thumbnail for USB devices  (Read 22327 times)

July 28, 2009, 04:38:04 PM
Reply #15

videomilk

Is there anyway to get this to cache all the movie thumbs as well.   It would be perfect.  Thanks

It was a little complicated, and may be really long to scan entire disk.

Complicated, I mean : which files to scan ? all mpeg, mpg, avi, mkv, ... I need to list all available video/audio formats, and for each existing file check if a picture exists.

hmmm thought it would be easier than that.  Thanks for looking into it anyway.  Cheers

August 07, 2009, 05:20:50 AM
Reply #16

muchacho1

Is there anyway to get this to cache all the movie thumbs as well.   It would be perfect.  Thanks

Complicated, I mean : which files to scan ? all mpeg, mpg, avi, mkv, ... I need to list all available video/audio formats, and for each existing file check if a picture exists.
What if to cache all .jpg files in Video folder? Loading of folder and movie thumbs is so slow if using network share.
Wanted some app to speed up showing pictures in thumbnail mode. Is it possible to make yours app.bin copy all jpgs from set folder to cache (on boot USB-flash). So when browsing Video folder on network share thumbs are loading from cache.

August 07, 2009, 07:31:24 AM
Reply #17

BMD_Online

What if to cache all .jpg files in Video folder? Loading of folder and movie thumbs is so slow if using network share.
Wanted some app to speed up showing pictures in thumbnail mode. Is it possible to make yours app.bin copy all jpgs from set folder to cache (on boot USB-flash). So when browsing Video folder on network share thumbs are loading from cache.

Don't think it's a good idea. With your method, I will copy all pictures, not only thumbs.
Defining a set of directory may not be simple to implement, nor to use.

August 07, 2009, 09:22:19 PM
Reply #18

muchacho1

Don't think it's a good idea. With your method, I will copy all pictures, not only thumbs.
Defining a set of directory may not be simple to implement, nor to use.
By 'set folder' I mean given path (e.g. /tmp/media/usb/Video). So there will be only pictures like folder.jpg, movie.jpg and wd_tv.jpg.
Or you mean it's necessary to repeat all directory structure of /tmp/media/usb/Video inside cache folder?
Is there any filter means you can use? (to copy pictures with size less 20 kB).

August 17, 2009, 01:33:00 AM
Reply #19

compostbak

great application

My setup is: Wdtv connected wireless to a router to a NAS

is it possible to cach the thumbnails on the nas also
made a folder: folder.jpg on the nas nothing there

i see the thumbnails in /var/tmp/media/usb/USB2/70D6-F9EF/.wd_tv.cache/usb/usb2/ch3snas/video

but it doesnt cache them

is this a bug or am i doing something wrong??
help would be appreciated
compostbak

August 17, 2009, 03:11:34 AM
Reply #20

BMD_Online

great application

My setup is: Wdtv connected wireless to a router to a NAS

is it possible to cach the thumbnails on the nas also
made a folder: folder.jpg on the nas nothing there

i see the thumbnails in /var/tmp/media/usb/USB2/70D6-F9EF/.wd_tv.cache/usb/usb2/ch3snas/video

but it doesnt cache them

is this a bug or am i doing something wrong??
help would be appreciated
compostbak

NAS, as any remote shares aren't managed with my scripts.
You can manually add your thumbnail, in /tmp/cache/usb/USB2/ch3snas.thumb (linked to /tmp/media/usb/USB2/70D6-F9EF/.wd_tv_cache/...)

September 11, 2009, 12:57:15 PM
Reply #21

Titi

• titi.wdtv.free.fr
@BMD_Online
You have worked hard on the cache of wdtv and perhaps you can help me.
On my mod, I display sheet dynamically (tag image in the xml files) but the wdtv downgrade and cache sheet with a width above 1024pix.
So quality is lower than the original image and it take time to change sheet. It seems that it keep only 3 images in cache (navigation on this 3 images is very quick).
Did you know where wdtv cache this files?
Thanks
Titi
MSheet2.1.0
Visit titi.wdtv.free.fr. If you like the work I have done here, feel free to contribute...

September 11, 2009, 10:49:59 PM
Reply #22

BMD_Online

@BMD_Online
You have worked hard on the cache of wdtv and perhaps you can help me.
On my mod, I display sheet dynamically (tag image in the xml files) but the wdtv downgrade and cache sheet with a width above 1024pix.
So quality is lower than the original image and it take time to change sheet. It seems that it keep only 3 images in cache (navigation on this 3 images is very quick).
Did you know where wdtv cache this files?
Thanks
Titi

I think these pictures are stored in memory. Have a look (somewhere, don't remember which topic) at a conversation about black backgrounds because of memory consumption.

Are you sure your sheet is resized to 1024pix ?
I have tried with big backgrounds (above 720p), and they are cropped on TV, but not resized.

September 11, 2009, 11:56:23 PM
Reply #23

Titi

• titi.wdtv.free.fr
I think these pictures are stored in memory. Have a look (somewhere, don't remember which topic) at a conversation about black backgrounds because of memory consumption.
This is what I fear, because when I change the large_image_cache_num parameter in the home.xml, this change nothing.
But how to be sure that we are out of memory? I am able to listen musik and navigate through a folder with displaying sheet dynamically
Are you sure your sheet is resized to 1024pix ?
No, sheet is not resize to 1024pix, it is just that up to 1024pix image is not downgraded, above it is. 1024pix image have black borders but quality is good.
MSheet2.1.0
Visit titi.wdtv.free.fr. If you like the work I have done here, feel free to contribute...

September 12, 2009, 02:09:08 PM
Reply #24

Phy

Hi I got the usb thumbs to work, but my folder.jpg are not cache to the usb drive.  I'm running ext3.

Where on the usb drive are the cache thumbs saved to?   I aso don't see a WDTV thumbs menu

Thanks

November 02, 2009, 09:14:55 AM
Reply #25

dwoz

hello, how to set up automatically at startup preload all thumbnails folder.jpg?

April 01, 2010, 02:26:56 PM
Reply #26

Warlockmatized

Weird issue for me. I run a two USB setup. One for all my media (movies, pix, music) which is an external HD and has a folder.jpg on it in its root, the other is a 1 GB stick that has nothing but .apps and .bins on it as well as a folder.jpg in its root. The ONLY way I can get your ThumbCache app to show the 1 GB sticks image on the screen is if I also add some type of media to it. WHAT am I doing wrong?