Author Topic: Subtitles position and size  (Read 13703 times)

January 24, 2009, 04:55:38 PM
Read 13703 times

greekguy

Some very important features that will be very appreciated.

1. Subtitle positioning. Please allow an option to be positioned manually and allow to SAVE this preference.

2. Font size. The current max font size is not nearly big enough. If there must be a maximum allowable size consider a max size at least three times as the current max

3. Font bold . There must be an option

4 Font selection. An open-source Arial like size will be VERY welcome.

5. Please consider the possibility to "read" the scripting-like capabilities of the srt format (e.g. the tags that make a line italic , or bold , or even a different color. If you cannot support all the option at least support the italic because it is heave used for voice-overs , for "hearing someones thoughts" etc etc

6. The greek (ISO) version of your current font is better than the ver 1.00 but still semi-pro... Please use one of the many open-source ones....

7. THUMBS UP for the Greek ISO support..God Job!! Greek ISO subs, are the most common ones... (sadly) no one really cares about unicode in text files....

April 22, 2009, 11:49:01 AM
Reply #1

kwanbis

I use subtitles a lot, as i like to see my english movies/series, with english subtitles.

I more or less agree with you:

1. Subtitle positioning. Please allow an option to be positioned manually and allow to SAVE this preference.
I found out that subtitles in the MIDDLE of the screen work the best. Subtitles at the botton makes you loose a lot of detail. So a Botton/Middle/Top position would be good.

2. Font size. The current max font size is not nearly big enough. If there must be a maximum allowable size consider a max size at least three times as the current max
Agree again. At minimum, give us Normal, Large, Extra Large.

Don't see the need if (2) is completed, but i won't oppose.

Again, if (2), i don't dislike the current font, but again won't oppose.

5. Please consider the possibility to "read" the scripting-like capabilities of the srt format (e.g. the tags that make a line italic , or bold , or even a different color. If you cannot support all the option at least support the italic because it is heave used for voice-overs , for "hearing someones thoughts" etc etc
Here i disagree. I actually don't like italics/bold on subtitles, so i would say ignore them (don't display them), if found.

6. The greek (ISO) version of your current font is better than the ver 1.00 but still semi-pro... Please use one of the many open-source ones....
No greek, nothing to say about.

April 26, 2009, 12:41:30 AM
Reply #2

gregyk

+1 for me, I agree that subtitle support should be better (bigger fonts, bold fonts, italic support ...)

May 15, 2009, 12:38:18 AM
Reply #3

ozzy-tr

Her aşk mazi olur..

December 28, 2009, 10:00:38 PM
Reply #4

eugeniu

Anyone resolved this problem?
There is a way to do this for WDTV (V2)?

January 05, 2010, 02:45:24 PM
Reply #5

turoktr

For my WD Live TV I also suffer for subtitle position and colour.
Subtitle must be located to the choice of the user. Now subtitles are very high.
Most of the movie lovers prefer it at the bottom.
Yellow should be an option and colour between white and yellow should be toggled.

If you consider these two subject, you will be appreciated.

January 07, 2010, 02:27:53 PM
Reply #6

pingpong

In relation to the positioning of the subtitles, it would be much appreciated if WDTV could incorporate the codecs for {\a6} command.  Assuming the subs are properly encoded, this will allow for the subtitles to be displayed at the top of the screen (for lyrics, footnotes etc.) when there is simultaneously other subtitles are displayed at the bottom.

Regards,

January 11, 2010, 02:47:03 PM
Reply #7

Tvrdi

Some very important features that will be very appreciated.

7. THUMBS UP for the Greek ISO support..God Job!! Greek ISO subs, are the most common ones... (sadly) no one really cares about unicode in text files....

+1

btw, they fixed subtitle position in gen1 (was too high also) so I hope they will do the same with gen2 in next firmware update.....

January 15, 2010, 01:40:24 AM
Reply #8

Tvrdi

here is what you can do to have right position of subtitles (to have them lower) till they fix this.....

You can adjust subtitles simply by converting them (with Subtitle Workshop) to Advanced Substation Alpha. With this trick they appear as they should.

March 03, 2010, 11:33:55 PM
Reply #9

rosergo

here is what you can do to have right position of subtitles (to have them lower) till they fix this.....

You can adjust subtitles simply by converting them (with Subtitle Workshop) to Advanced Substation Alpha. With this trick they appear as they should.
HI!
On my new HDTV-Life I have the same problem with the position of subtitles . Correcting this with an external software I think is not the best solution. Before my new HDTV-Life I owned an Asus oPlay and there was a possibility to move your subtitle, from the remote control, on the place you want to be. So, I think it will be great if this problem can be resolved on HDTVLife to.

March 20, 2010, 11:30:19 AM
Reply #10

Cainxxx

HI!
On my new HDTV-Life I have the same problem with the position of subtitles . Correcting this with an external software I think is not the best solution. Before my new HDTV-Life I owned an Asus oPlay and there was a possibility to move your subtitle, from the remote control, on the place you want to be. So, I think it will be great if this problem can be resolved on HDTVLife to.

100% Agree with you!

July 25, 2010, 05:32:42 AM
Reply #11

Kalekulan

+1! Positioning, changing fonts, sizes etc. is MUCH NEEDED!

July 29, 2010, 06:42:15 AM
Reply #12

riki527

Agree 100%, and add that the possibility of changing (and saving as preset) font color would be the most.

September 13, 2010, 05:52:36 AM
Reply #13

Twannieguitar

I noticed when using the up and down arrorws on the remote alters the subtitle position!

Also, the left and right arrow alters the audio timing.

September 26, 2010, 08:28:58 AM
Reply #14

ayell

I noticed when using the up and down arrorws on the remote alters the subtitle position!

Also, the left and right arrow alters the audio timing.

Thanx a lot! That solve my problem with the subtitles positioning.