Author Topic: File format not supported (could be played a minute ago)...  (Read 2676 times)

January 22, 2009, 01:22:32 AM
Read 2676 times

heiner.bremer

My second problem is quite more severe than my initial QT sound problem: I played around with different video formats (wmv, m2ts, mkv, iso, avi) and they all played like a charm! But at some point I got the message that the file cannot be played back and that I should check the manual for supported formats. I thought, ok, some encoding mistake... But when I couldn't play back the next files I tested the files that DID play back some minutes ago - and I got the same error message. In fact, I now wasn't able to play back any video file at all. In addition the size of all files was shown as 0kb.

I did a system reset and everything was normal again and I could play all the files that didn't before. But after some minutes of testing the same error occured again and none of the files could be played back. This time it was a bit different as some files did play when clicked for the third or fourth time - but this wasn't possible at some files at all.

Did anyone had a similar problem - and found a solution? I couldn't find this behaviour in the official inofficial bug-thread...
WDTV firmware 1.01.02, connected via HDMI (video) and Toslink (sound)

January 22, 2009, 02:08:23 PM
Reply #1

jayallan

• Administrator

• Jay Allan Photo
Try a different HD source.  Also hard reboot everything.  May just be a HD hiccup. 
The WDTV does not turn off ever, so you have to unplug it to re-read any external source.   

WDTV LIVE with current official FW > HDMI > DVDO > Sony CRT Projector 150" 16/9 screen.  Toslink audio to Yamaha DTS receiver. No Network set up yet.

January 22, 2009, 11:33:20 PM
Reply #2

heiner.bremer

OK, I tried a different HDD and had no problems so far. My WDTV is plugged into a multiple socket with power switch - so it is turned off every time I switch of my other devices. Maybe that did the trick, too. Will keep an eye on this issue though...
WDTV firmware 1.01.02, connected via HDMI (video) and Toslink (sound)