Author Topic: **BUG** Version 5.5 Remote/Video Playback unresponsive after sleep mode  (Read 1308 times)

June 29, 2009, 04:50:12 AM
Read 1308 times

WDTV4U

Okay.... I restored the FW back to the 5.3.2 version but still having the same problem.  I think the issue is when  the media player enters into some type of sleep mode.  I've noticed the following:

1.  When I cold boot (unplug/replug power) and let it fully boot. then press power or let it go into screen saver mode (without playing any media)
if I come back several minutes later - I can see the folders/files but when I go to play the video the screen just goes black like it is about to play and just sits there.

2.  When I cold boot (unplug/replug power) and let it fully boot. Then watch a movie, after a period of time during the movie - remote functions
(stop/play/pause/ff/rwd) are not responsive.

3.  When I cold boot (unplug/replug power) and let it fully boot. Then watch a movie, when the video is over (credits) I still hear the audio when I manuver through the menus, and I can't play another media file.

The only files on the thumb drive are:
* net.config
* keepalive.keepalive  (suposed to prevent sleep mode)
* core-extras.app.bin
* net.mounts
* samba.app.bin
my WD TV Media player is flashed to VERSION='1.02.10.WDLXTV-0.5.5'  --- Am I missing a BIN file or something?

Had sme problem with version 5.3.2 - some how fixed the problem by going back to older version then reflashed to new version - but can't say for sure.... I did so many things I can't remember.

June 29, 2009, 05:58:10 AM
Reply #1

Scoops

• Personal Text
    Urban Shocker
F) Post only Bugs from OFFICIAL FIRMWARE in this area.  All homebrew Bugs go in the Homebrew section.
fw 1.02.10 | Western Digital MyBook 500GB | Transcend JetFlash V30 4GB | Composite out
Thumbnail help