to usb wireless adapter
167 (23.1%)
to my TV only, but I want it ethernet connected
83 (11.5%)
to my TV only, but I want it wireless connected
141 (19.5%)
NOT, it's still in the box because I am reading all these topics first
14 (1.9%)
to both usb ethernet&cable and usb wireless (like rezmus)
22 (3%)
to an in-car-navi. See: http://wdtvforum.com/main/index.php?topic=621.msg7186#msg7186
2 (0.3%)

Total Members Voted: 720

Author Topic: WDTV Wired/Wireless Poll ** Poll Update: already 700+ WDTVs really connected **  (Read 75680 times)

October 25, 2011, 08:30:53 AM
Reply #45

francozero

my wdtv live is connected to my modem/router through the simplest, securest, stablest and cheapest option available... a network cable.
i really don't understand the "wireless hype" around the wd box.
i must've read a thousand posts filled with all sorts of problems with wifi on the wd... from slow speeds, to disconnections, and even not working at all.
my wife isn't complaining about any "messy cables", as there aren't any to see... i mean, how hard is it to install a cable (mine is going through my whole apartment... even the bathrooms!!!) without making a complete mess of your house?
and even if that is not an option for some, than there's always another "clean" option to have cable connection without any cables running around the whole house... a netpower kit.
don't cost more than the average wifi dongle and has the speed, stability and security of a network cable connection.

just my 2 cents...

franco

October 25, 2011, 09:54:53 AM
Reply #46

RavRob

• DeSpammer

I had powerline adapters but that didn't work.  Wifi is the only option.  If the Wifi is setup correctly there are not many issues that may cause problems.  I am just too far to consider running a cable.
Windows 7 Ultimate with SP1
WDTV Live
1.02.21 WDLXTV 0.5.1.4 (Beta)
Linksys - WUSB600N USB Adapter
DLink - Dir-655 Router
Atheros - AR8131 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller (NDIS 6.20)
XBMC - The Future of Television