Author Topic: Conversion tool to convert movies to compatible formats  (Read 1168 times)

May 22, 2016, 04:54:01 PM
Read 1168 times

vassock

I have the original WD TV Media Player. Unfortunately, it's very picky about file formats. DTS obviously never works, MP4 files sometimes show artifacts, and even MKV/M2TS files don't always work. Obviously the issue is not the container, but the video within. Can someone suggest a good conversion tool to convert videos to the most WD TV-friendly format available? I prefer something that works with a container that allows me to embed multiple audio streams, convert DTS to AC3 or Stereo, and allows embedding of subtitles into the container.

May 23, 2016, 10:26:01 PM
Reply #1

mizkitty64

Handbrake is the best converter...run the video through with the default mp4 settings and it will usually play fine.

MKVToolNix with the GUI setup will let you de-mux MKVs...and then re-mux them....I use it to edit the credits out of subtitles and file names.

Rebox.net is a great utility to flatten/convert MKVs to mp4 without re-encoding the files.

All free...all easy to use without any instructions...

October 09, 2016, 05:34:05 AM
Reply #2

Buddyboy_4

I agree about Handbrake, an amazingly good converter.  Gets all problem videos playable on wdtv.