Author Topic: Subtitles on English Movies  (Read 977 times)

February 25, 2016, 10:18:04 AM
Read 977 times

djspark

Hi Guys,

This has probably been covered already many times so apologies if i'm repeating somebody else's question but this is bugging the hell out of me.

I'm no expert but i'm no novice but here its is. SO I have torrent movies stored on on my WDTV Live saved as various formats which work just fine. The problem I have is that whenever there is a part of an English movie which has foreign parts, subtitles don't kick in as they would do if I was playing a Blu-Ray or a DVD.

Whenever I download the movies I only select the movie file to be stored on my external hard disk which is then connected to my WDTV streamer. I know you probably think that I have answered my own question that I should probably include the subtitle file but if that's the case, how do I store it along with the movie file? especially if i'm changing the name of the file so that WDTV picks it up as the correct movie on the database?

Should I be storing all of the movie information including movie file & subtitle file within a folder on my hard drive? I would prefer just to click straight on the movie on my WDTV Live rather than having to click my way through folders.

Any help would be greatly appreciated  ;D

February 25, 2016, 10:53:32 AM
Reply #1

mizkitty64

Just include the SRT subtitle file in the same folder as the movie file with the same title.

February 26, 2016, 05:47:56 AM
Reply #2

djspark

That simple? but what if the movie isn't in a folder in the hard drive? does it have to be or can it just be in the same directory if there are loads of other movies?

Thanks.

February 26, 2016, 01:49:12 PM
Reply #3

mizkitty64

I guess as long as it has the same file name it should work.

I keep my movies in separate folders (with artwork) just for easier organization.
The WDTV will also use the first image file as a thumbnail for that folder...e.g. a movie poster...