Author Topic: Update turned my WD live plus media player into a POS! HELP!  (Read 1740 times)

July 12, 2014, 09:42:14 AM
Read 1740 times

skyak

I bought my WD live plus HD media player soon after it was introduced.  I ran the network to it and had it working and playing from my library and the internet until this last update !.06.42B  I used to be proud of my setup and would show it to friends and recommend it.

Since the update my player is an absolute POS! There are so many problems I can't list them!  I don't use it much because EVERYTHING is flawed
-youtube crashes the entire player after every video!!!!
-the player can't even see my media files.  It asks for a login.  What login?  It is hardwired to the router that the drive is plugged in to.  There is no login!
-I moved some files to a USB drive -it can see some of them but not all.

For the past year or more I have been looking for this to be fixed, but this nasty worthless POS update was the last.  Please help me get back the function I paid for.

What I want is for the player to see and play all the content from my network share and to play videos that are available free on the internet.  I have a wireless keyboard and mouse that would be a wonderful improvement but not required.  I have android phones and an ipad2 that could be used to control content as well as PCs.

July 13, 2014, 07:28:27 AM
Reply #1

Rev Drew

• DeSpammer

have you done a reset? (one in the software menu and a reset button on the side of the unit)
have you contacted WD directly?

I see lots of complaints but no indication you've actually done anything to try to rectify the issues you claim.  ???
You laugh because Iím different, I laugh because youíre all the same.

namaste

www.supernews.com/super-special/?i=ZxJfObJynPQ=