Author Topic: wdtv live hub - annoying problem  (Read 1829 times)

November 28, 2014, 08:52:19 AM
Read 1829 times

danireef

Hi to everybody.

I've a wdtv live hub and I've a problem. I copy all my bluray with makemkv (licensed), I'm writing from Italy, so I choose to maintain english and italian languages, and english subtitles, but when I'll go to watch the mkv video files I can't see the subtitles.

Where have I a mistake? May you help me?

Optionally, it's possible to change the firmware to address this problem?

Thanks

Danilo

November 28, 2014, 01:01:52 PM
Reply #1

mizkitty64

The subtitles don't play automatically...or you can't toggle them with the remote?

You can set the default subtitle tag to "on" for them to play automatically.

You can use MKVtoolnix (freeware) to look at the individual files in the MKV container.

November 28, 2014, 03:15:28 PM
Reply #2

danireef

The subtitles don't play automatically...or you can't toggle them with the remote?

Yes I know, I can toggle, or I can press the button, I can read on screen the names of subtitles, but nothing happens during film. If I use VLC on my mac I can see the subtitles, just to clarify.

You can set the default subtitle tag to "on" for them to play automatically.

I'll try do to this, but, as I can choose the subtitles but I can't see them, I don't think this could works. But I'll keep you up to date.

You can use MKVtoolnix (freeware) to look at the individual files in the MKV container.

But inside wdtvlive hub or in the file on the computer? Because there is no problem to see the subtitles on my mac...

Thanks. Let me know.

Danilo

November 28, 2014, 05:20:21 PM
Reply #3

mizkitty64

Is the subtitle showing as a SRT file inside the MKV container?

November 28, 2014, 09:53:41 PM
Reply #4

Techflaws

• Tech Flaws - Things Can Only Get Better
You need to use the WDTV profile in MakeMKV to compress the PGS subs with zlib (or remux with MKVToolnix which does this automatically). Now the WDTV will show the subs if subtitle is set to ON (default setting). It does not adhere to any flags inside MKV, so if it's set to OFF, you won't see a sub until you manually select it.

November 29, 2014, 07:03:55 AM
Reply #5

danireef

Hi thanks to everybody.

But, without remuxing, because I don't know how extracting subtitle from disc... I would be interest on WDTV profile in MakeMKV, how can I set?

Thanks

Danilo

November 29, 2014, 09:43:08 PM
Reply #6

Techflaws

• Tech Flaws - Things Can Only Get Better
Search the MakeMKV forum for this.