Author Topic: Network share loses connection after large wireless file transfer windows 7  (Read 1239 times)

September 02, 2014, 07:58:25 AM
Read 1239 times

mclovin

Ok so I have narrowed my problem down to this. I am running my movies from a shared movie folder that is hard wired to desktop PC running windows 7, and I can network share to 2 of my WDTV Live units. All works good until I transfer a new movie from a wireless laptop to my shared movie folder on my desktop PC that is shared with the WDTV live boxes. After a copy a movie the WDTV units will not connect again until I restart the windows 7 desktop PC, then all is good again until I transfer another movie. The loss of connection is only with my WDTV live units, all my other PCs can still connect to the shared movie folder on my windows 7 desktop PC. This is super annoying and there must be a way to fix it. Is it a PC issue or a WDTV issue?

Hope someone can help. And if I figure this out on my own somehow, I will post back my results to help others. Thanks in advance!
« Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 08:04:45 AM by mclovin »

September 02, 2014, 06:47:17 PM
Reply #1

mclovin

Problem solved, well not really but it is a Windows 7 thing. Windows 8 works perfectly with no issues on another PC as the main box with the same USB movie hard drive.