Author Topic: WDLIVE BOX TIPS AND TRICKS  (Read 1767 times)

August 08, 2014, 04:07:14 PM
Read 1767 times

NASH

Hello, I am new with the WD live box, I am looking for some info on what this thing is capable of. I am using a 1tb hard drive as my wired media connection and my Macbook pro over network shares. I am able to add media to my hd via Mac shares but I can not access my Macbook hd from the WD live box. Any tips and tricks to make this media box better would be greatly appreciated.

September 13, 2014, 03:05:21 PM
Reply #1

kelvinmead

i haven't tested it, but i think you can setup a shared folder, but its not on by default.

http://support.apple.com/kb/PH10644

as the wdtv uses windows shares, when you share the folder click the options button in the file sharing (under sharing the system preferences) and click the windows share button.

you should be then able to access your macbook by tying in the ip into the wdtv when trying to connect.

to get your local ip, hit CMD and SPACE and type network, then if you are on cable then it'll be right there, otherwise choose wifi from the drop down. it usually looks like 192.168.0.XX

September 13, 2014, 04:14:56 PM
Reply #2

mizkitty64

Not sure what WDTV box you've got.
I've got the WDTV Live SMP.
They added Mac shares (in addition to the default Windows shares)a couple firmware versions ago (Dec 2013).