Author Topic: !!!MAJOR!!! WDTVExt 0.7 - Simple plugin is out  (Read 50985 times)

August 31, 2009, 06:30:12 AM
Reply #75

Jackson

No hope that this will be adapted to wdtv.bin users ?

I can't see how most of these mods will ever be compatible with an unmodified firmware because they have to hook into the wdtv application/OS tools to work.  

Unless I'm mistaken even your mod is creating a alternate .bin where you've changed/edited/replaced some of files contained within the original .bin file.  In my thinking, even your mod is a custom firmware because it modified what came from Western Digital, even if it doesn't enable networking etc like WDLXTV.

I may be poorly expressed when speaking of unmodified firmware, i would like to say using these mods with wdtv.bin (WD or mine), that is to say not a firmware like wdlxtv or a root.bin ; it should be possible to flash a kind of official firmware and tell it to search for these apps on a USB key

My point is that the ability to use .app.bin packs is not in any way built into the standard WDTV firmware or yours where you've only replaced some of the XML and image files.  There is simply no support for .app.bin in the official WD firmware.

To be able to use the .app files requires that you use a firmware that has the .app.bin support built in and today that means wdlxtv or ext boot.

I'm sure someone could strip out the exta stuff from wdlxtv or add just the .app.bin support to the WD official firmware but it would still be a 'custom' firmware because some of the official scripts/executables would have to have been replaced or modified.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2009, 06:43:46 AM by Jackson »

October 05, 2009, 06:41:26 AM
Reply #76

NullStmt

pibos, your mentioned in your post
Handling events on standard or custom pages (ex: remote control, you can enhance the functionality in basic_browse_xxx.xml responding to "options" button on an movie and presenting custom actions for it: download subtitle, etc)

I am interested in doing exactly this.  Either while playing a movie or from the browse list I would like to add some options to the options button for that specific movie.  I'm about to download your extention and the example, but if you have any helpful advice before I start I would appreciate it.

October 05, 2009, 08:30:30 AM
Reply #77

lilibabe

• http://wdtv.free.fr/
Where are you pibos ?!? No news... bad news !

Where is the long awaited WDTVExt 0.8 ?
If you appreciate my work and want to contribute, feel free to donate at http://wdtv.free.fr/

February 04, 2010, 02:35:29 AM
Reply #78

roberto1999

Can somebody tell me where can I find source code of WDTVEXT 0.7? It would be nice to port it or enhance it for WDTV-Live! Thank's

February 04, 2010, 04:49:57 AM
Reply #79

pibos

try here
http://sourceforge.net/projects/wdtvosdemulator/files/

Can somebody tell me where can I find source code of WDTVEXT 0.7? It would be nice to port it or enhance it for WDTV-Live! Thank's
Wanna help WDTVExt for WDTVLive and RemoteView?

February 04, 2010, 07:41:31 AM
Reply #80

pibos

WDTV Ext relies hevily on PLT redirection for hooking API, redirection available because of the way dmasod was compiled (non PIC). you will not be able to port this on the live (it is compiled with PIC) without a proper method of hooking functions.

I have developed a method for API hooking and I am already working on porting this to LIVE.

February 04, 2010, 01:03:46 PM
Reply #81

roberto1999

Thank's. It was only for a study purpose.
Today i read some of your .c files to understand how wdtvlive works.  I didn't understand the relationship between lua, xml files and binaries.
It would be nice (in my intention) obtain the last menu item visited when restart (not reboot) the wdtvlive - in example Live365.
Ciao
« Last Edit: February 04, 2010, 01:10:50 PM by roberto1999 »

February 25, 2010, 02:36:25 PM
Reply #82

roberto1999

Hi Pibos, any news about API Hooking?
I'm writing some tiny C appls for inspect the file using in Live....

Ciao Roberto

February 25, 2010, 02:42:28 PM
Reply #83

pibos

Hi Pibos, any news about API Hooking?
I'm writing some tiny C appls for inspect the file using in Live....

Ciao Roberto

I have already in place API hooking for live. What do you want to do with it? can you be more specific

February 26, 2010, 04:55:16 AM
Reply #84

roberto1999

Not much....
-know best the very basic functionality of WDTV-Live;
-improve some useful (for me) functionality of WD
 1) wikipedia information & Lyrics information (dynamically) of movie/songs (for my kids) i.e. while pressing "i" keyboard of remote control during movie view;
 2) A voice of menu that can run a proper "script" to show something.
 3) Understand the rule of Lua language and @@variables in /osd/xml files.
 Ciao Roberto

February 26, 2010, 11:19:39 AM
Reply #85

Ron[NL]

• WDTV Movie Sheet Generator
I just tried WDTVExt 0.7 + weatherplugin
with my setup (see signature) but it gives a message in the bottom of the screen saying : WDTVext does not support my firmware version .

Too bad, because I really like what you are doing here Pibos. Keep up the good work. I'll keep an eye on this thread.  ;)

WDLXTV 0.5.8.1 + Showcase v2 OSD Mod

Philips 40PFL8605H, Sitecom WL-351

Trust HU-5440 USB Hub
WDTV MSG 1.7.0,  TheTvDBv3.0 TVSheetGenerator - rev 5.4.1

February 27, 2010, 03:04:21 AM
Reply #86

Titi

• titi.wdtv.free.fr
I just tried WDTVExt 0.7 + weatherplugin
with my setup (see signature) but it gives a message in the bottom of the screen saying : WDTVext does not support my firmware version .

Too bad, because I really like what you are doing here Pibos. Keep up the good work. I'll keep an eye on this thread.  ;)

WDTVExt is only working with firmware based on 1.02.07 and 1.02.10. For other you will see the message.
I already tried to continue this project and compile the last source (0.8) but without success. WDTVExt is never starting and dmaosd too.

@Pibos: Is it possible for you to give the source of the 0.7 release (not the one on sourceforge you post abovewhich the prerelease 0.8)? I want to know what is the difference between the two and trying to understand why it is not working.
Thanks a lot in advance.
MSheet2.1.0
Visit titi.wdtv.free.fr. If you like the work I have done here, feel free to contribute...